Subcision Happened Today

subcision tca

66 replies to this topic

#41 451

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I do not want to discourage anyone from doing a TCA peel.  I would consider doing more peels and subcisions but for the moment I think I just need to let my skin rest.  It is still red and seems a bit swollen.  This is preventing me from being able to objectively judge any improvement.   Also, my skin is bumpy and I was hoping that would be resolved as soon as the peeling was completed.   However, I don't believe it is realistic to think that every bump will disappear within 6 days.   As I have been reading about TCA peels today, I have noticed that many people feel a sense of disappointment immediately after the peeling has ended.  It is an uncomfortable process and the scars virtually disappear when the skin scabs over giving you a false sense of hope.  So when on day 6, you see the scarring come back it is disheartening.   On a positive note, I am still optimistic about the eventual result.  It has only been 5 weeks since the subcision and 1 week since the TCA peel.  I will revaluate the situation in a month.  Good luck to everyone on this journey. 

i do self subcision for one chicken pox scar at the forehead..the problem is that the scar is being elevated with time but also the edges 

are being elevated...should i wait for the edges to come down(with microdermabrasion also) or should i do a home peel...?

thats why doctors after subcision do tca peel..but i bet you can resurface the skin with derma rolling or even stamping...any insights?

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding what you are saying but couldn't you needle only the depressed area of the scar leaving the edges untreated? 

Edited by 451, 20 February 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#42 451

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Day 7

This will be my last post for a while. 

I had my follow visit today.  My face is red but the derm said that was good.  He said the redness meant collagen was forming. So yay!  Also, what I am seeing right now will not be the final results.  I go back in a month for re-evaluation 

A few things: 

As I was getting into my car after my appointment, I caught a glimpse of my face in the car window and I have to say it looked a lot smoother.  I didn't experience the usual anxiety I get when I catch an unintended glimpse of myself. 

The TCA peel seemed to take care of most of the blackheads. 

I start using the retin-a again in a week.  Dr. Berlin said this will help stimulate collagen. 

This was an unpleasant week but I would (probably will) do it again.  (Now that I know what to expect.)  I think the first time you do anything is the most difficult.

So now it is collagen making time.  I will be focusing on eating a very clean diet, exercising, getting good quality rest, and making sure I laugh at least once a day. 

#43 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Don't forget to apply sunscreen to your freshly peeled and new skin. Enjoy the gradual transformation your skin will undergo over the course of the next several weeks and months.

#44 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

matt should i wear sunscreen indoors? and yes i've noticed the window effect from just retin a !

#45 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I've read that it should be worn indoors due to the fact that UVA and UVB rays can penetrate window glass. I wear it 7days a week during the day. I've come to far to lose any collagen due to sun damage.

#46 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

do u know if anyone makes a spf vitamin e lotion ? i have how most sunscreens feel on my face there shiny n greasy

#47 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

451 hows it look now?

#48 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

well i tried doing my own subcision its tough because my scars aren't just craters ...just used a sewing needle ...anyway all the scars have filled in nicely hopefully they stay ...anyway 451 does this bruising look normal?

newer_zps1a2db890.jpg

#49 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Regenerating from the Core

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

I TOLD YOU DUDE...I AM HAPPY FOR YA smile.png THIS IS THE SHIT

what size of needle did you use?

Edited by panos, 24 February 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#50 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

i have no idea a sewing needle

#51 twitchz

twitchz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

well i tried doing my own subcision its tough because my scars aren't just craters ...just used a sewing needle ...anyway all the scars have filled in nicely hopefully they stay ...anyway 451 does this bruising look normal?

newer_zps1a2db890.jpg

lol atleast it filled it im sure those bruises will lighten up soon. I'm tempted to try it after my face recovers from laser, the laser treatment I got was mostly for acne, and lighting up the scars. I still have ice picks and rolling scars.

#52 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

for the most part the bruising is going away ...i would like to find better needles ...watching the subcision video on utube the doctor used a huge needle like 12 or 16 gauge ... i don't wanna try that big ...my skin is difficult to do this on because i have mostly rolling scars no defined craters ...between this and retin a i have improved my skin SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much i love this website!

#53 twitchz

twitchz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

for the most part the bruising is going away ...i would like to find better needles ...watching the subcision video on utube the doctor used a huge needle like 12 or 16 gauge ... i don't wanna try that big ...my skin is difficult to do this on because i have mostly rolling scars no defined craters ...between this and retin a i have improved my skin SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much i love this website!

my skin looks like yours. im gonna try a mix of needling and rolling.

#54 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

watch the video on youtube of the subcision and attack the craters from the side kinda and go all the way around it ...it was really difficult with the needle i used because its so short ...need to find diff needles ...

#55 sverd

sverd

anonymous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

My doctor also said I wouldn't seen much improvement from subcision alone, but I would estimate the improvement 4 months later to be about 70% on my severe scarring on both sides of my face. I would recommend you take 1mg of vitamin c in the morning and 1mg at night. I also took collagen supplements by youtheory from Walgreens.

Edited by sverd, 27 February 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#56 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

since my swelling and redness has gone down my scars can still be seen they've sunken in some ...i'm gonna try it next with diff needles and only do one spot at a time ...last time i did as many as i could ...there is deff improvement though

#57 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

rob the difficult part is to attack the scar from every corner...if only i could use both hands for the procedure ..some ccorners require to use 

left hand for example if you are right handed/.

#58 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

exactly i wish i had a clone ...if u could educate someone on what to do it would be so much more effective to let them do it ...someone should really film a tutorial ...

#59 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

I think we totally do exactly the same thing...if people come to this we could make the most potent homemade method ever...

its really unfair dermatologists who perform subcision to charge million dollars while you can have better results at your home gradually.

we can then use dermaroller and retin a to resurface the skin...these two will do nothing alone for deeper scars.lasers carry millions

of risks from the other hand.

#60 451

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Rob, sorry.  I took some time away from here to heal physically and mentally.  Your skin looks completely normal given the procedure you performed.  You should check out owndoc.com.  They sell individual needles that are supposed to be specifically for the purpose of "spot" treating scars.   I am so happy that the needling and retin-a are working for you.  You will get great improvement.   

Sverd, Thank you for the helpful information and congratulations on the 70% improvement. That is amazing. 

Matt, yes sunscreen.  Thank you for adding that.  I forgot since I usually avoid the sun anyway.  But yes.  Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen if you get a tca peel. 

My skin is making progress. I feel like this was a good beginning. I go back to the derm Thursday. I will post more after my appointment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users