selenium probiotic studies

No replies to this topic

#1 Luminareo

Luminareo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Proponents of vitamins can sometimes be a little overzealous with their claims. At my old job, I used to hear things like, "this will prevent male baldness," or "this will increase fat burn," or even "this will cure your acne!" If I were to believe every anecdote concerning vitamin successes, I would be popping a pill from every bottle in the vitamin aisle. So I'm trying to identify the vitamins and supplements that have been documented for their effect on acne. I am hoping some of you may already have what I'm looking for.

The vitamins I see suggested for people with acne are:

Vitamin A
Vitamin E
Zinc
Chromium
Selenium
Thiamine (B1)
Riboflavin (B2)
Niacin (B3)
Pantothenic Acid (B5)
Probiotics

I'm sure I have forgotten some. I am hoping to discover detailed clinical research that shows the effectiveness and side effects of these vitamins on a macro scale.

I'll start off by listing this study on Zinc, where 31% of participants had at least a 2/3rds reduction in lesion count. In my mind, this is significant enough for me to start looking at taking Zinc. Remember that the Zinc was administered with no other changes in lifestyle: just pop a pill once a day, and you might significantly change your acne. That's appealing. What other evidence of effectiveness is there?

Just a note: I thought of putting this in the research forum, but I really ended up thinking that it belongs with the vitamin posts. Let me know if I'm wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users