43 replies to this topic

#41 CourtneyH

CourtneyH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Day 117-

Once again I haven't updated in sooo long!! So sorry! 

I went to the dermatologist yesterday and she seems happy with my results so far, but wanted to up my dosage. So now I'm taking 80mg daily instead of 60mg. I still get a lot of breakouts on my jaw line (hormonal acne) so she put me on spironolactone 100mg daily. She told me that the accutane wont help the hormonal acne so hopefully this helps! I've been on it before and I'm not really sure if it helped in the past. Anyone else taking spironolactone and accutane??

I promise to update after starting the 80mg. See if I get any new side effects from a higher dosage! :)

#42 CourtneyH

CourtneyH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Day 138-

Well, it's been about 3 weeks since starting 80Mg and I don't see much of a difference. I'm surprisingly not anymore dry than I was on 60Mg (the petroleum jelly helps a ton though) and no mood changes. The spironolactone has helped the hormonal acne tremendously! I only get an occasional pimple on my jaw line..nothing like before! I still get a new pimple on my cheek every few days but once again nothing like before. No more deep painful cysts! I'm anxious to see what my doctor says next week. Maybe only one more month? That'd be amazing! I'll update again after my appointment! :)

#43 CourtneyH

CourtneyH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Day 147-

I'm done with accutane!

I saw my doctor on Thursday and she said there's no point to keep me on it any longer because I'm pretty much 100% clear ..except for an occasional bump. I'm so glad I decided to do this and would recommend it to anyone!!

I'll update again in a few Weeks..hopefully I stay clear!!

#44 Felixgp

Felixgp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Thanks a lot for updating!  It really helped me know how the accutane is coming out in the process of treating acne.  So glad you are done!  Hopefully that acne won't come back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users