benzoyl peroxide

5 replies to this topic

#1 Wcanka

Wcanka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hey I live in Sweden and from what i've seen there's no 2,5% BP here.. so my question is, can i to "The regimen" with 5%?

Anything i shall think of when using 5% BP?

#2 JOHNTWINING

JOHNTWINING

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

5% Benzyl peroxide is often used to treat more stubborn acne and if you have more sensitive skin then it may cause some redness, other than that, you should be fine, I don't recommend using 10% benzyl peroxide though, as from personal experience, it did more harm than good, however i did have some success with the 5%

- John

#3 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'd say it's better to go with 2.5% if at all possible... 5% is ok, but can be incredibly harsh on your skin... 10%... FORGET ABOUT IT!!! Even if a derm prescribes it, throw it away! The stronger the concentration, the worse the irritation..
DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

#4 simon94

simon94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hi! I'm also from Sweden :) 

What cleanser and moisturizer do you use? I use basiron 5 % as the treatment but have no idea what cleanser and moisturizer i should use. So if you have any tips plz share! :D

#5 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm surprised not a lot of countries carry 2.5%. The Philippines carries only 5% as well. Luckily I know someone who has 2.5% BP shipped from the middle east and I just order from him.

I tried 5% before I got a hold of the 2.5% and on the 5% I really felt like scratching my face out. Stick to the 2.5% if you can find it.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#6 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

5% works better for me. 2.5 doesn't do much for me.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users