bp acne once before after aha alpha hydroxy acid

73 replies to this topic

#41 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy short walks on the beach.

Achievements

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

You've got a great mindset! The best results are always way later on. It's good to know it works with your skin! So many people are fond of Dan's AHA! If I didn't have psoriasis on my face occasionally, I'd still be using it (ended up giving it to my mom again :lol:). I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking! Just doing school and all that. This is probably my best semester skin wise, and I'm sure you can relate: it's nice not having to really worry about skin as much! Things aren't perfect necessarily, but not having huge concentrated areas is nice!

#42 troublewacne

troublewacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Golf and anything that makes my heart pound!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Dude, your skin looks amazing! Keep up whatever your doing!

#43 Fischer1

Fischer1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

hard times, i know all about that... im so glad that you got rid your acne!

a question - do you moistureize over your bp in the night?

Edited by Fischer1, 01 February 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#44 Br93

Br93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

You've got a great mindset! The best results are always way later on. It's good to know it works with your skin! So many people are fond of Dan's AHA! If I didn't have psoriasis on my face occasionally, I'd still be using it (ended up giving it to my mom again lol.gif). I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking! Just doing school and all that. This is probably my best semester skin wise, and I'm sure you can relate: it's nice not having to really worry about skin as much! Things aren't perfect necessarily, but not having huge concentrated areas is nice!

Thanks! Yea Im looking for those later on results and not too worried about immediate results.. How come you cant use AHA with psoriasis? And thats good to hear this is your best semester with your skin! I know how what you mean bro, It feels so great not worrying too much about your skin. That added stress is gone and you can focus on other things.. I find though you have to keep consistent with the regimen because when you clear up sometimes you may feel you can slack off here and there you know what I mean?

Dude, your skin looks amazing! Keep up whatever your doing!

Thanks!

hard times, i know all about that... im so glad that you got rid your acne!

a question - do you moistureize over your bp in the night?

Yea thanks, it was definitely rough, but I stuck with it and results came. I moisturize with either cetaphil lotion, aloe vera, or sometimes If Im too tired or if my skin isn't too dry I dont moisturize at all. Lately though I started using AHA after the BP as my moisturizer and also in the morning if im not going to be exposed to the sun much.

#45 alaskanborn88

alaskanborn88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Those are incredible results. Not only did you become acne free in mere months after suffering from severe acne but you don't have hardly any marks on your face.

Needless to say I'm very jealous. I don't have acne anywhere near as severe as you did but the regimen hasn't been nearly as effective for me. It does a good job of treating my acne but it leaves behind dark marks that take months to fade and doesn't seem to do much in the way of curbing breakouts. The only success I've had in that regard is monitoring what I eat and staying away from unhealthy foods but even then it only helps so much. Maybe I should try some of that African Soap? I'm getting desperate at this point.

Edited by alaskanborn88, 04 February 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#46 liyahandkmanmom

liyahandkmanmom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Looks great! Glad you are having such great results.rolleyes.gif You are such a cutie!

#47 Br93

Br93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Those are incredible results. Not only did you become acne free in mere months after suffering from severe acne but you don't have hardly any marks on your face.

Needless to say I'm very jealous. I don't have acne anywhere near as severe as you did but the regimen hasn't been nearly as effective for me. It does a good job of treating my acne but it leaves behind dark marks that take months to fade and doesn't seem to do much in the way of curbing breakouts. The only success I've had in that regard is monitoring what I eat and staying away from unhealthy foods but even then it only helps so much. Maybe I should try some of that African Soap? I'm getting desperate at this point.

Yea that was the worst my acne has ever been. It wasn't a time I enjoyed at all.. Just stick with the regimen, the time it takes to get results varies from person to person. When I started the regimen I had in my mind it would take about 6 months or longer to see results, but results came quicker. Just keep doing it and you will see results. It may take several months but if you are persistent and do it correctly you should be on your way to being acne free :). Regarding dark spots I think the black soap would definitely work well for you and for many people. Heres a link to the real soap, theres many fakes out there: http://www.coastalsc...oap/as-011.html.. Even with that, it may take several months to see results. Just stick to the regimen and dont stop when you dont notice improvement. Sometimes we see ourselves so much we dont notice changes in our skin but others do. That was the case with me. I really didn't notice my skin was clearing until people were like "hey your skin is looking good". As regards diet, keep doing what your doing trying to stay away from unhealthy foods. Even if it only helps your acne a "tiny" bit, thats definitely a plus. I mean you want to be overall healthy too right? How long were you on the regimen for? And what were your steps? Feel free to ask me any other questions you have :)

Looks great! Glad you are having such great results.rolleyes.gif You are such a cutie!

THANKS!!! wub.png

#48 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

would you say the african black soap makes a huge difference? i just got some in the mail. Its a different brand but the ingridents are the same and it looks exactly the same as the coastal scents one. I read somewhere it can cause purging? did it for you?

#49 Br93

Br93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

would you say the african black soap makes a huge difference? i just got some in the mail. Its a different brand but the ingridents are the same and it looks exactly the same as the coastal scents one. I read somewhere it can cause purging? did it for you?

Is it Fair Trade? Nice to hear you ordered some! I think it makes a difference, its the only cleanser I use for my face. It makes my face feel really clean, it removes all surface oil and dirt. And after using the soap for a while I really don't experience much dark marks. If I do they are tiny and just peel off.. I guess a new layer of skin forms and they just peel, idk the science behind it if there is any lol. I just know it works for me, I did research online and looked at reviews before I bought it for myself. Many people find it works for them and I have been pleased with the results myself.. But as with anything you start using don't use it for 1 month and say "OMG it doesn't work" haha. Give it time, changes happen over time.. Hope it works well for you 

#50 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Is it Fair Trade? Nice to hear you ordered some! I think it makes a difference, its the only cleanser I use for my face. It makes my face feel really clean, it removes all surface oil and dirt. And after using the soap for a while I really don't experience much dark marks. If I do they are tiny and just peel off.. I guess a new layer of skin forms and they just peel, idk the science behind it if there is any lol. I just know it works for me, I did research online and looked at reviews before I bought it for myself. Many people find it works for them and I have been pleased with the results myself.. But as with anything you start using don't use it for 1 month and say "OMG it doesn't work" haha. Give it time, changes happen over time.. Hope it works well for you 

yeah its completely fair trade (they even use a certain palm oil to help the orangutans haha)
it makes my skin feel really squeaky clean and i can feel the flakey skin from the bp coming off in my fingers, gross but really satisfying!

I did read something about the pH of this being a concern but if it works for so many people then whats one bad review? i love that it only has four ingredients, i accidentally got this in my mouth and it even tastes okay (weird i know but strangely reassuring haha)

#51 Br93

Br93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

yeah its completely fair trade (they even use a certain palm oil to help the orangutans haha)
it makes my skin feel really squeaky clean and i can feel the flakey skin from the bp coming off in my fingers, gross but really satisfying!

I did read something about the pH of this being a concern but if it works for so many people then whats one bad review? i love that it only has four ingredients, i accidentally got this in my mouth and it even tastes okay (weird i know but strangely reassuring haha)

Nice!!! Yea same here I love how it makes my skin squeaky clean, I have never used a better cleanser.. I also love how natural it is.. Haha that's krazy are you serious? I am tempted to taste it now lol. But yea It works for me so I will continue to use it, Im glad you like it too!!! 

#52 RedRuby

RedRuby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Trying to Enjoy life day by day
    Learning new things :)

Christian, Bible, Church, God <3

Andy Mino #Music
    Lecrae #Music
    Guvna B #Music

Comedy Movies
    (Pitch Perfect)
    (The Proposal)

"Crushed IT"

TRU TV (Impractical Jokers)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

How much bp do you apply on your face at night? Do you like later it on?

Layer

Layer

#53 pololuvr

pololuvr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

This is amazing!!! Your scars look so good, they're minimal. You look so handsome I just want to pinch your cheeks haha. keep up the work :)

#54 Br93

Br93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

How much bp do you apply on your face at night? Do you like later it on?

Layer

Layer

I usually apply 3 pumps of BP. I pump the BP on the tips of my left fingers and then with my right I take some of the BP and apply little dabs/dots all over my face. Next I start connecting them, lightly rubbing them all in together until my face has a nice layer on it. Not to thick or thin.. After that, I just wait until it dries. Sometimes I don't put any moisturizer on after it dries. If do its either Dans AHA, Aloe Vera, or Cetaphil Lotion. Hope this helps :)

This is amazing!!! Your scars look so good, they're minimal. You look so handsome I just want to pinch your cheeks haha. keep up the work smile.png

Thank you so much, that made me smile haha :) 

#55 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Care to give us a 4 or 5 month progress pics? I think newer members can tremendously benefit from seeing real time results... You're doing a wonderful job, so please continue to post your progress!! :)

#56 Ninjawizard

Ninjawizard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Many interests, but mainly to fight acne!!! I don't want anyone else to feel the way I have.

Dan's Regimen
    Cars
    Drifting
    Green Terror Cichlids
    Computers
    Singing
    Working out
    Skateboarding
    Reading
    Working on things that require your hands. (Keeps your mind off acne)

Trying to find that carefree happiness if it's out there WAIT UP FOR ME!!!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

fantastic results, I'm so happy to see that you cleared up.  looking sharp man.  Makes me want to stick to the regimen and everyone seeing this should know that this is the result of great diligence, commitment, and perseverance to battling acne and adhering to the DKR.  YOU ARE THE MAN!  everyone deserves clear skin and I hope in the future acne will be a thing of the past!

#57 Ixiahann

Ixiahann

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Congratulations! You are one of my motivations! I am happy for you :)

#58 Br93

Br93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Care to give us a 4 or 5 month progress pics? I think newer members can tremendously benefit from seeing real time results... You're doing a wonderful job, so please continue to post your progress!! smile.png

Suree!!! :) I will post a pic in a sec

fantastic results, I'm so happy to see that you cleared up.  looking sharp man.  Makes me want to stick to the regimen and everyone seeing this should know that this is the result of great diligence, commitment, and perseverance to battling acne and adhering to the DKR.  YOU ARE THE MAN!  everyone deserves clear skin and I hope in the future acne will be a thing of the past!

Thanks so much! Yes just stick with it. So many people stop the regimen but its often just because they expect results too fast. I put it in my mind that it might take about 6 months to go away, but to my surprise results came in half that time. I agree everyone should have clear skin and should not have to deal with the pain it causes. I hope you do well keep me posted! :)

Congratulations! You are one of my motivations! I am happy for you smile.png

I appreciate it!!! Im glad I can be of encouragement to you :) 

Here is an updated pic, I took it yesterday:     

Attached Thumbnails

• 20130414_155816.jpg

#59 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

One word

"Impressive"

#60 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Surfing the web x; Movies and tv x; Family x; My fiance x; Nursing (dedicated student :P)

Achievements

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

Holy cow! That's amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users