Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before And After (Bp Only Nightly)

74 posts in this topic

Face wash: African Black Soap (Natural, coastalscents.com)

BP: Acne.org 2.5%

Moisturizer: Cetaphil Lotion, Lilly Of The Valley Aloe Vera Gel, or none if my face isn't too dry

My name is Brandon, I have been using this method only at night for almost three months. I wash off the BP in the morning and then re-moisturize.. I leave on the moisturizer that I applied in the morning until I repeat the above steps at night before I go to sleep. It has been working pretty nicely so far. I will start using Dans AHA sometime within the next month from now. The before pick was at the end of summer around mid August 2012. I started this regimen October 22nd 2012 and the after pick is today January 13 2013.. give it a try and keep at it dont give up! Let me know what you think so far of the results ive gotten smile.png

OMG !!!!WOOOW! thats a huge improvement!!! and you dont have like any scarring!!! This is what I find is the issue with acne in darker skin. We tend get hyperpigmentation after the acne is gone but you are soo clear! and thats what my issue has been. Once the acne is gone all the brown spots are left behind. Im using retin-a 0.05 % but it doesnt do much in terms of controlling the acne like BP did but I stoped bp because I had my acne under control but had bad hyper pigmentation. But I was using 5 and 10% for nearly 4 years...maybe that was the issue.... Have you used anything for the marks ?!!!

soooo happy for you its amazing! smile.png)

Wow, your skin looks great.. and in such a short time too!

Do you think that the african black soap also helped???

Wow, your skin looks great.. and in such a short time too!

Full dosage i guess is about 2 pumps with the 16oz and finger length (about 4ml) if you're using the 8oz. But you answered with 2-3 pumps, so guess that answers that, lol. Amazing results though

Full dosage i guess is about 2 pumps with the 16oz and finger length (about 4ml) if you're using the 8oz. But you answered with 2-3 pumps, so guess that answers that, lol. Amazing results though

So do you think the black soap helped as well?!. Did you get it from just a regular beauty supply store? I'm from the UK I have a feeling I've seen this soap sold in the shops for hair products for kinky/curly hair. I think Im gona try it. I'm guessing you might just have 'oily' skin because you dont seem to have Hyper pigmentation. I have oily and sensitive skin which is a headache because any kinda 'trauma' to my skin causes a dark mark and takes ages to go without me even touching it. thanks for the info :)

That is amazing!! Congrats to you, mate. Lookin good!

So do you think the black soap helped as well?!. Did you get it from just a regular beauty supply store? I'm from the UK I have a feeling I've seen this soap sold in the shops for hair products for kinky/curly hair. I think Im gona try it. I'm guessing you might just have 'oily' skin because you dont seem to have Hyper pigmentation. I have oily and sensitive skin which is a headache because any kinda 'trauma' to my skin causes a dark mark and takes ages to go without me even touching it. thanks for the info smile.png

Can u buy the African Black soap at walmart or something?

This is amazing, congrats to you! Must be so much better for you now with clear skin

I think this is a good push for other people to try the regimen too with such amazing results like yours!

Can u buy the African Black soap at walmart or something?

Hey Br93! How's the AHA working for ya?

Hey Br93! How's the AHA working for ya?

You've got a great mindset! The best results are always way later on. It's good to know it works with your skin! So many people are fond of Dan's AHA! If I didn't have psoriasis on my face occasionally, I'd still be using it (ended up giving it to my mom again :lol:). I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking! Just doing school and all that. This is probably my best semester skin wise, and I'm sure you can relate: it's nice not having to really worry about skin as much! Things aren't perfect necessarily, but not having huge concentrated areas is nice!

Dude, your skin looks amazing! Keep up whatever your doing!

hard times, i know all about that... im so glad that you got rid your acne!

a question - do you moistureize over your bp in the night?

You've got a great mindset! The best results are always way later on. It's good to know it works with your skin! So many people are fond of Dan's AHA! If I didn't have psoriasis on my face occasionally, I'd still be using it (ended up giving it to my mom again lol.gif). I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking! Just doing school and all that. This is probably my best semester skin wise, and I'm sure you can relate: it's nice not having to really worry about skin as much! Things aren't perfect necessarily, but not having huge concentrated areas is nice!

Those are incredible results. Not only did you become acne free in mere months after suffering from severe acne but you don't have hardly any marks on your face.

Needless to say I'm very jealous. I don't have acne anywhere near as severe as you did but the regimen hasn't been nearly as effective for me. It does a good job of treating my acne but it leaves behind dark marks that take months to fade and doesn't seem to do much in the way of curbing breakouts. The only success I've had in that regard is monitoring what I eat and staying away from unhealthy foods but even then it only helps so much. Maybe I should try some of that African Soap? I'm getting desperate at this point.

Those are incredible results. Not only did you become acne free in mere months after suffering from severe acne but you don't have hardly any marks on your face.

Needless to say I'm very jealous. I don't have acne anywhere near as severe as you did but the regimen hasn't been nearly as effective for me. It does a good job of treating my acne but it leaves behind dark marks that take months to fade and doesn't seem to do much in the way of curbing breakouts. The only success I've had in that regard is monitoring what I eat and staying away from unhealthy foods but even then it only helps so much. Maybe I should try some of that African Soap? I'm getting desperate at this point.

would you say the african black soap makes a huge difference? i just got some in the mail. Its a different brand but the ingridents are the same and it looks exactly the same as the coastal scents one. I read somewhere it can cause purging? did it for you?

would you say the african black soap makes a huge difference? i just got some in the mail. Its a different brand but the ingridents are the same and it looks exactly the same as the coastal scents one. I read somewhere it can cause purging? did it for you?

Is it Fair Trade? Nice to hear you ordered some! I think it makes a difference, its the only cleanser I use for my face. It makes my face feel really clean, it removes all surface oil and dirt. And after using the soap for a while I really don't experience much dark marks. If I do they are tiny and just peel off.. I guess a new layer of skin forms and they just peel, idk the science behind it if there is any lol. I just know it works for me, I did research online and looked at reviews before I bought it for myself. Many people find it works for them and I have been pleased with the results myself.. But as with anything you start using don't use it for 1 month and say "OMG it doesn't work" haha. Give it time, changes happen over time.. Hope it works well for you