Photo

Moisturiser For Oily/greasy Skin

moisturiser oily acne men greasy skin oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Wasawawa

Wasawawa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I got oily skin too man. Some days I put on moisterizer if I'm feeling dry but usually just let it be. Drink water and splash cold water on your face. That's just what I've found is good for oily skin, and I am an oily fucker sometimes.

#22 jjelsie8

jjelsie8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

1) Jojoba is an ester, not an oil. It's only called an oil. Because fuck reading whole posts.

2) Oil dissolves oil. But fuck science too right?

3) I use both these things. I'm clear and my skin isn't oily anymore. But fuck proven success in some individuals right?

4) That stick can't be comfortable up there mate. Now let the friendly people help the nice lad. You've already given your... 'advice'.

Oil to reduce oil, because fuck logic.

haha British sarcasm makes me laugh... But she is right.  Oil DOES dissolve oil.  It just depends on what type of oil you use.  Obviously if you use an oil with pore clogging properties it will not dissolve (like baby oil or canola oil)... BUT certain oils have non-pore clogging properties that are actually the only thing that will dissolve oil from the face (like jojoba, mint and even extra virgin olive oil)... Its just science.  People should do more research before they give advice that they think is correct!

Even if you simply google it, its all right there.  :)

#23 777LB

777LB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

I've tried alot of moisturizers for my oily face, none worked =( 

#24 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I don't use a moisturizer, except when my skin is really dry or flaking (due to salicylic acid).

Anyway, there is one poster on the forum who claims that topical green tea is supposed to decrease sebum production by inhibiting an enzyme (alpha-5-reductase) that converts testosterone to more active DHT in the skin. It sounds fairly interesting to me and I'm considering giving it a try. So a moisturizer with green tea might be a good idea. However, after quick searching I haven't been able to find any one product with green tea that would seem suitable for me, but I'm still looking.

And I should say, this poster's website seems to be sponsored by one producer of green-tea skin products. So even though I don't doubt his sincerity, I do still have a bit of skepticism regarding his praise. But it does seem like something possibly worth trying.

More info here: http://www.acneeinst...green-tea-acne/

Edited by austra, 28 February 2013 - 11:37 AM.