Photo

Moderately Severe Acne On Combination Skin (Pics)

severe acne cyst

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#21 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Casie88 you're very kind smile.png And I will check out the moisturizer you recommended.

Drewfish01  - I'm 23 years old!   

Edited by Pianina, 23 January 2013 - 10:14 AM.

Diagnosed with PCOS/Insulin resistance

Currently clear from acne.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

- Innate Response Glucose Tolerance Factor Chromium, for blood sugar balancing 
- Innate Response DysBio-GI, against candida

Extra:

- Peppermint tea 2 cups/day
- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#22 armadillo

armadillo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I think you got some good answers as to how to help your acne, as for the blotchy-ness, I found that a 10% glycolic acid lotion did the best job. I get the same kind of darker skin on my chin and near my nose that you seem to have. I saw results after about 2 weeks of daily use, now I only apply it twice a week and my skin stays an even tone/colour.

Finished Tetralysal on 12/04/13

Quinoderm 10 once a week

Gedarel 30/150 as current treatment.

#23 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

The answers were really useful and kind, I'm thankful to all who took their time to write.
Unfortunately, I have broken up badly, and have 4 painful cysts on my scarred cheek now which will add up to the rolling scars collection I guess. My jawline and forehead have deep bumps too. It seems that my skin became resistant to Duac and Epiduo, probably need to turn to some oral medicine and change my diet. On the top of that - dryness and stomach problems, just great! :D    

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#24 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

The answers were really useful and kind, I'm thankful to all who took their time to write.
Unfortunately, I have broken up badly, and have 4 painful cysts on my scarred cheek now which will add up to the rolling scars collection I guess. My jawline and forehead have deep bumps too. It seems that my skin became resistant to Duac and Epiduo, probably need to turn to some oral medicine and change my diet. On the top of that - dryness and stomach problems, just great! biggrin.png    

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Maybe you had more cysts because of your cycle? I got some huge cysts a few days ago when I was PMSing, then my period came and now my skin is calmer. My skin becomes resistant to topicals too, gotta switch them up! How about just try a natural approach, like diet and probiotics (for the stomach pain), or just some ginger tea for digestion?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#25 jyogi

jyogi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

your pimples dont look so bad just try not to pick at them, i know easier said than done, i heard vitamin d3 works well its fairly cheap and ive heard many good things about it good luck

#26 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Unfortunately, I have broken up badly, and have 4 painful cysts on my scarred cheek now which will add up to the rolling scars collection I guess. My jawline and forehead have deep bumps too. It seems that my skin became resistant to Duac and Epiduo, probably need to turn to some oral medicine and change my diet. On the top of that - dryness and stomach problems, just great! biggrin.png    

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Maybe you had more cysts because of your cycle? I got some huge cysts a few days ago when I was PMSing, then my period came and now my skin is calmer. My skin becomes resistant to topicals too, gotta switch them up! How about just try a natural approach, like diet and probiotics (for the stomach pain), or just some ginger tea for digestion?

I'm not quite sure if it's pms, there are still around 2 weeks left until I get my period. Coincidentally I started taking probiotics yesterday (10 billion)! More than that I'm trying to change my diet to a low carb diet also taking vitamin A, riboflavin and niacinamide supplements (heard good things about niacinamide). Which diet are you on, WishClean?  

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#27 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm not quite sure if it's pms, there are still around 2 weeks left until I get my period. Coincidentally I started taking probiotics yesterday (10 billion)! More than that I'm trying to change my diet to a low carb diet also taking vitamin A, riboflavin and niacinamide supplements (heard good things about niacinamide). Which diet are you on, WishClean?  

I get PMS symptoms twice a month! 2-3 weeks before my period, and 1 week before...how delightful lol. That's why I'm taking saw palmetto, in hopes of regulating my imbalance. I think 10 billion probiotics is too much to start with....I started with 1.5 billion and had an initial breakout. Maybe your body is getting used to your new regimen. My skin also broke out when I started taking Vitamin D....so you could just be in the adjustment period.

I'm following the anti-candida diet, and eliminating sugars, caffeine and processed foods because I suspect I have candida growth (based on the symptoms and the saliva test). Unfortunately, I'm not as strict on the diet as I should be, but I'm doing my best given my demanding work schedule. My skin seemed to be purging and flushing out toxins, and now it feels more calmer....but I'm left with a lot of red marks neutral.gifstrongsad.gif

Edited by WishClean28, 25 January 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#28 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

What measures I have taken so far:

- Dairy free for 2 weeks already.
- Cut off bread, cookies, sweets, fruit juices.
- Taking probiotics once a day.
- Eat a lot of healthy fats like avocado, walnuts and salmon.
- Drink wild blueberry smoothies with some fresh pressed orange juice every second day.
- Reduced green tea to 3-4 cups a day.
- My diet doesn't contain any pasta, rice or fast foods.
- I'm sleeping at least 8 hours, started going to sleep at 23.00

Still my skin continues to go worse and worse. My stomach kills me after every meal, ANY meal, it aches like hell and the bloating is unbearable. The only time it's ok is when I'm starving and don't eat for the most of the day. Maybe I should cut off all foods, lol... 

Attached Files

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#29 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Have you tried the candida diet? Maybe fruit are your sensitive food group? I started avoiding fruit and my skin is calming down, but I'm also avoiding a bunch of other stuff so I'm not sure which food group is the most aggravating to my acne.

Nuts and avocados should be kept at a minimum...I have 1/2 an avocado every 2 days to make sure my Omega 3s are balanced, and I also drink flax milk with it (has a good omega 3-6-9 ratio). For me, brown rice helps settle my stomach and doesn't seem to break me out....maybe you should have a bit of rice or millet bread (=not actually bread, very healthy) with food to avoid stomachache. Also, your recent breakout might have to do with your cycle - my skin gets better or worse depending on the time of the month, so just try not to stress out about it and stay consistent with your diet and supplements. Maybe look into antifungals as well, some people gave me useful advice on that.

Anyway, this is my advice....I'll post pics of my progress soon, I'm trying to be patient and not get discouraged

#30 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

WishClean thanks for your advice, they're very useful :)

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#31 drewfish01

drewfish01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Are those just pimples or some cysts?  Because they certainly don't look like cysts.

#32 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Are those just pimples or some cysts?  Because they certainly don't look like cysts.

Few of them are I think. They're deep and hurt, doesn't go away for weeks. But most are just inflamed pimples, whiteheads etc. 

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#33 drewfish01

drewfish01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Well I don't think your acne is severe though.  I would say its moderate... of course to a regular person who doesn't have acne... they would think that is severe.

#34 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Well I don't think your acne is severe though.  I would say its moderate... of course to a regular person who doesn't have acne... they would think that is severe.

How motivating... 

Edited by Pianina, 27 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#35 drewfish01

drewfish01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

How motivating... 

I didn't mean to sound rude.  I mean my acne is moderate as well but to most ppl they won't think its pretty bad yet they have no clue what is really bad.

#36 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

How motivating... 

I didn't mean to sound rude.  I mean my acne is moderate as well but to most ppl they won't think its pretty bad yet they have no clue what is really bad.

Thanks for good intentions, I'm sure you didn't mean anything wrong, but I didn't ask about the severity of my acne

Edited by Pianina, 27 January 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#37 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

My face is just disgusting. I honestly think that some people with more severe acne look better than this. It really looks like the surface of the moon and I despise it.    

Attached Files

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#38 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Honestly, it doesn't look bad. Mine is worse, and I can't even go out without makeup on these days. On the bright side, it seems that your skin is improving...do you notice an improvement?

#39 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

I think it looks terrible, my pores are like moon craters. Any ideas how to shrink them? 

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control 
- Spironolactone 50 mg

Skincare:

- Paula's Choice

Supplements:

Extra:

- Licorice tea 1 cup/day

#40 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I have large pores too, and when I wear mineral makeup it makes them look even larger. I tried some pore-shrinking/ pore-smoothing primers but they just irritated my skin so I wouldn't recommend them. Try warm or cold water, I can't remember which one is the best for shrinking pores, check Dan's posts on how to shrink pores. I tried it but didn't notice a difference on my pores.