cystic acne cyst vitamin a

3 replies to this topic

#1 GiBrIs

GiBrIs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum and as all you (I think) I've suffered many things with this disease. I'm gonna start to tell you my story quickly (you must excuse me if my writing isn't correct but that's because I don't speak english very well, right now I'm learning). If you don't want to read everything you can go to the boldface type.

I have acne since I was 12, it started with a simple acne, you know blackheads and stuff, I've always thought it was too early to my age - I am a man- after, with the time my acne became worse, I remember I had my first cystic spot when I was 14, -my face swelled- I went to dermatologist and she only sent me antibiotics and Vitamin A and said me that it was "normal" -but I always knew that it wasn't- Time passed and acne became worse and worse many cystic spots (I also had in chest and back), and again, another dermatologist and the same thing (Vitamin A, Retynol) at this point I didn't know that I had cystic acne, I only knew that It was serious.

Time passed again and finally I found a good dermatologist, he explain me all about my disease, the name, why this ocurred, etc. and he gave me Roaccutan, he also explained me that It was a serious medication and I had to care with everything food and said me Acne it' was gonna became even worse.

Afterwards, when I finished I realized that It had worked! I hadn't more cystic acne (I was 17), so I made a big mistake, I handled my skin like a normal person without acne, I left to use solar protector, I didn't wash my skin, I turned back to eat junk food, etc. So Acne got back! not as strong as before but It got back. Then, again more Roaccutan and story repeated like 3 times (Roaccutan, Clean Skin, Neglect, Acne, Roaccutan).

Some time ago, we (my mother and I) discovered I had gastritis maybe 'cause Roaccutan, so I decided don't take Roaccutan anymore, and acne is present now (I'm 19), not really serious although some times I have to fight with cystic spots. I've been changing my diet and drinking more water, washing my face with sulfur soap 2 times (in the morning and at night, if you ask me, I'll tell you for me sulfur soap works, and eliminate extra grease).

The last part of my story (if you have read all before, come on read this, you know that frecuenlly acne's stories are looong) are the horrible scars, luckly (if I can say this word) my acne didn't affect my cheeks too much, but in my forehead and specially beside sideburns I had many scars, not really deep. So (we're near to the topic question, keep on reading) I've decided go for a peeling because I've seen and heard that it works for acne's problem and scars of acne too, but here's my doubt, when I found out, they (people of facial center) said me that in the peeling, they was going to do an 'extraction' and I'm not really sure of this because to say truth I almost never pinched my face (well only blackheads Posted Image, but now I don't do this anymore) and Im worried to this sprout me a several acne again. So, I want to hear your experiences with these treatments (peeling) and stuff. ¿What must I do? Is there another medication with nonprescription that might help me (for acne and scars)?

PS: I forgot many details in story, but anyway thanks for reading and replying. I lost every pic when I was a several cystic acne, but Im gonna attach a new photo (from now) for you can see after cuz now it's really late.

Hope your answers.

Edit:
Here are my pics, as you can see my acne isn't very strong now -believe me it was really worse-, anyway you can see some cystic spots, and specially scars beside sideburns, so would work a peeling?

PS2: I've just realized that there's another forum for scars, sorry.

Attached Files

Edited by GiBrIs, 11 January 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#2 GiBrIs

GiBrIs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Anybody?

#3 SteamRoom

SteamRoom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Depends on how good your office really is. My office is phenomenal! I couldn't be happier! They perform extractions which are painful, but do not scar (have been getting extractions for over 1 year) because they know what they are doing. The peels I have done work well also.

Most important thing is to know where you are going and how well they know what they are doing. Different office = different results.

But yes, if the office seems prosperous and filled with patients, then I think you are at the right place.

#4 GiBrIs

GiBrIs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for replying, I had thought go to a very noted office in my city, I think they are not going to risk their own image doing poor quality peels but Im -physiologically- susceptible to sprout with almost everything,in this moment, I could say I'm relatively "clean" and it costs to me a lot of everything: time, regimen, medicine, patience and I don't wanna throw it away, and specially I'm scared to relapse in a cronic acne again, but at the same time I want to improve my condition, anyway I'm thinking in chemical peels too, (have you done any of these?)

Again thanks for reading and replying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users