Photo

Accutane Round 2: 21/f, Acne For 11 Years

accutane log makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#21 Pigwidgeon

Pigwidgeon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Month 2: Day 7 (I think)

My breakout from last time is definitely improving.  Almost everything has turned into a flaky red mark, which sucks, but at least it's not active.  The one cyst on my jawline is hanging in there (though it's gotten smaller), as is the one next to my mouth.  I haven't touched either of these at all by the way.  It's weird how long some things take to go away on Accutane, and it's really annoying!  My back and chest have also been very slightly breaking out, just with small pimples and black heads.  So I'm not too upset about it.

I've been home for break and mainly just staying in working on my thesis, so I haven't had to wear makeup, and I've been able to shower/wash my face with soft water.  I just hope that it doesn't act up again when I get back to school and have to wear makeup and use our awful showers.    One thing that's really helping my current breakout heal is icing my face every morning and night.  I just massage my entire face with an ice cube until it melts, and then cleanse and moisturize.

Side effects have been fine.  My knee was acting up the other day, but it's okay now.  My dryness is also way more manageable--again this is likely due to the soft water I can use at home.

I'm using all the same stuff, but I might switch from the cetaphil cream to the cerave cream.  I've been using the cerave lotion on my body, and the hyaluronic acid really helps!  It soaks in really well too, so I hope the cream is the same.

MONTH 1: CLARAVIS 60 MG

MONTH 2: CLARAVIS 60 MG

#22 Pigwidgeon

Pigwidgeon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Month 2: Day 11

Pimple that appeared to be going away has turned into a purpleish cyst. I want to cry.

Two cysts from before still hanging in there, and my forehead and back keep breaking out. Otherwise ok. My throat is really dry and hurts. I hope this is a weird accutane thing and I'm not getting sick.

MONTH 1: CLARAVIS 60 MG

MONTH 2: CLARAVIS 60 MG