Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WishClean

Taurine Questions

3 posts in this topic

I recently started taking taurine supplements after reading the feedback from other taurine users. I used to drink sugarfree redbull on and off and my skin seemed clearer short term, so I figured I might as well try taurine in free form without the unnecessary caffeine.

I'm currently taking Solgar Taurine (free form, supposedly easier to absorb), 500 MG. I started with 1000 MG in between meals, but I found that I couldn't sleep at night. Has anyone else experienced insomnia when taking taurine supplements? I don't take it after 2pm to avoid insomnia, and yet even with the lower dosage I seem unable to fall asleep. I have also cut down on caffeine to help me sleep but not much luck.

The other question I had was how long did you see improvement with taurine? How long should I give it to see if it works for me?

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

Taurine tends to make my skin feel quite tired and dry. That could just be because I mostly drink energy drinks at 3am during finals though.

Currently clear of acne with the occasional hormonal breakout. Check out my routines and progress updates here:
http://www.acne.org/...g-and-duac-gel/

Treat yourself as you treat others.

Taurine tends to make my skin feel quite tired and dry. That could just be because I mostly drink energy drinks at 3am during finals though.

I noticed some dryness too...I thought taking pure taurine in supplement form would be more beneficial since I wouldn't be getting the high caffeine dosage that comes with it in energy drinks. But now I have barely slept since starting taurine! arghhhh

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**