Photo

Clearing From The Inside Out (Pcos)

pcos diet holistic zinc milk thistle saw palmetto makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#81 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Oh no! I was going to like your post, then I read the update saywhat.gif  My skin sucks too....but for some reason, I have been feeling happy these past few days and have been ignoring my skin. I just put on makeup in the morning and go about my day. My diet has been clean this week because I have a party to go to tomorrow and I will only allow myself to go if my skin looks somewhat decent with makeup on. Plus, I will go late to make sure everyone is tipsy and noone will care about my skin lol.

How did you find out about symplex f btw? It seems awesome, but I had never heard about it before for PCOS. Is it new?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#82 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hey! How are you doing? I tried cucumber juice for the first time the other day thanks to you! It is surprisingly delicious rolleyes.gif

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#83 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

UPDATE

Going to make a list of everything I am currently using/taking to fight PCOS, insulin resistance, acne, and depression.

Supplements (with meals):

Black Cohosh (1 a day to lower testosterone) Not sure how much help this is doing, but it eases my mind i guess.

Symplex F (1 per meal) I call this my "happy pill" it helps with hormones by supporting vital organs.

Garden of Life Perfect Food Raw Capsules (8/day: 2/per meal) filled with nutrients and vitamins, makes my skin glow! love this.

Saw Palmetto (1 or 2 a day) Helps with hairloss and excess growth on face and body, lowers testosterone, has helped a lot with acne.

Garlic Supplement (when i remember) great for healing and preventing inflammation.

Turmeric Supplement (1/per day) lowers testosterone, regulates hormones, prevents inflammation, etc

Green Pastures Fish Oil (when i remember) vitamins A, D, and K

Zinc and Vitamin D (only when my diet lacks these vitamins for the day) good for inflammation and many other things lol

Regime:

I wash my makeup off with a combination of Olive oil and jojoba oil

Then apply manuka honey for about 15 minutes

Rinse

(sometimes ill do the taping method and apple cider vinegar toner)

Moisturize with 'Simple Light Moisturizer' OR Aloe Vera from the leaf.

Mornings:

Wet face

Apply manuka honey (15 minutes-1 hour)

Rinse

Moisturize with 'Simple Moisturizer with SPF)

Edited by heyybrighteyes, 07 May 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#84 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hey everyone.

I've been MIA for a while, but felt like posting something today.

Lately I've been feeling really depressed.. and stressed.

My skin is always playing with my emotions, it gets better and starts to clear up, then i'll wake up one morning with 3 new breakouts.

It's lovely.

And i have excess hair growth on my face :(

A little more than usual along my jaw and cheeks

But I think thats because I moisturize at night with aloe vera oil

and all the moisture is causing it?

That's my assumption anyway. But it sucks

I feel really ugly and my hair never looks good! ahah

I have so much stuff on my plate lately that I barely feel like I have time to breathe!

I hate having stuff to do everyday, because that means I have to apply makeup everyday to feel halfway decent.

I just need a break i guess. Im tired :(

Right now i feel like crying.

I tried meditating earlier today but it didnt help

I cant stop thinking. I have tension in my neck. i should probably try exercising.

I went to my friends house the other day and didnt feel like doing my makeup cause were kinda close and i didnt care TOO much

but as soon as i saw her she said "omg what happened?" cause shes used to seeing me with makeup on.

not the response i expected or wanted :(

and when i went in her house her mom said the same thing.

they didnt mean any harm, but it sure didnt feel good :(

blehhh

anyways, i just needed to rant i guess.

if you took the time to read this, than thanks. haha<3

#85 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hey! Sorry you have been feeling down lately ermm.gif Hugs!!! I have been making some breakthroughs with my acne, and yours looked similar to mine from what I remember, so maybe you should try a low histamine diet and remove all sulfates from your lifestyle? It's working well for me so far, I changed all my products, I avoid food preservatives and other triggers, and I even quit taking supplements with gelatin and colorings. I realized that my acne wasn't just hormonal - the flare ups were similar to an allergic reaction, so I got my IgE checked and it was indeed high (=reactive antibodies). Idk if that will work for you, but it could. Try to stay positive and beat this!

#86 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hey! Sorry you have been feeling down lately ermm.gif Hugs!!! I have been making some breakthroughs with my acne, and yours looked similar to mine from what I remember, so maybe you should try a low histamine diet and remove all sulfates from your lifestyle? It's working well for me so far, I changed all my products, I avoid food preservatives and other triggers, and I even quit taking supplements with gelatin and colorings. I realized that my acne wasn't just hormonal - the flare ups were similar to an allergic reaction, so I got my IgE checked and it was indeed high (=reactive antibodies). Idk if that will work for you, but it could. Try to stay positive and beat this!

thanks girl :)

ill look into a low histamine diet.

i'm also going to the doctors on thursday this week, im tired of playing the guessing game. i want to finally get all the answers! and hopefully im able to through tests and what not. I'm really glad things are working for you though, thats great :)

#87 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

thanks girl smile.png

ill look into a low histamine diet.

i'm also going to the doctors on thursday this week, im tired of playing the guessing game. i want to finally get all the answers! and hopefully im able to through tests and what not. I'm really glad things are working for you though, thats great smile.png

I hope the doctor figures it out! I had to go to an allergist because I was so sick of going from one doctor to the next and hearing conflicting treatments and diagnoses. If you do some general blood tests along with hormonal ones, that might give you an indication of what the problem is.  Give an update when you find out! Good luck!!!!cheer.gif