Photo

Clearing From The Inside Out (Pcos)

pcos diet holistic zinc milk thistle saw palmetto makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#41 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

UPDATE:

okay so, aside from some girl scout cookies and valentines day chocolates... ive been doing really good at keeping a good diet.

ive recently been using manuka honey on my face to cleanse

and a new type of jojoba oil cause i needed to get some more and apparently the one i just bought is organic and the one i used prior isnt. but it smells so ... i dont know... smells like plastic? its odd.

but since using these my skin has gotten a lot of little bumps everywhere...

they arent really that noticeable.. and i feel like they will go away but its still annoying.

and my acne takes forever to heal it seems..

i dont break out nearly as much anymore.. but the acne just stays for weeks! instead of days :/

still going to carry on though.

#42 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

u can get cheap b5 from ebay also a moisturizer with niacinamide/b3 from ebay. Look at the regimen of green gables/quirky fox

#43 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

so, even though i'm not showing my whole face... i'm hesitant to post this..

sadly.. this is my skin "improved"

the majority of the redness is scarring sad.png

and there are a few bumps, only one major one thouugh.

and my other cheek looks the same as far as scarring goes... bleh.

it sucks. but i want to record my progress on here. so, so be it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 130221-143401.jpg

#44 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

UPDATE:

feeling a lot better overall for the past couple days.

been exercising for about 10-15 minutes a day

its not much, but i do believe its helping smile.png

and im starting to use apple cider vinegar as a toner. 2:5 ratio with distilled water to dilute it

and im noticing a little bit of purging, but my skin feels and looks a lot better overall.

staying on track with being healthy on my diet.

the only things i cant stray from are: bread and an occasional cookie.

i just feel healthy and while my skin is nowhere near perfect im feeling better about it.

ive also been doing a lot of self reflection exercises on my own, to clear my head and keep positive.

ill post a pic sometime next week.

#45 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Your acne looks similar to mine....I'm starting a log with photos this weekend to keep track of changes. Do you mostly get acne on your cheeks and jawline? That's where I get it, and my forehead is clear.

I noticed that now that my diet is strict, every time I slip and have sugar or dairy my skin immediately gets worse. This used to happen when I cut out gluten - every time I'd have some gluten my skin would freak out.

Are you still taking saw palmetto btw?

#46 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Your acne looks similar to mine....I'm starting a log with photos this weekend to keep track of changes. Do you mostly get acne on your cheeks and jawline? That's where I get it, and my forehead is clear.

I noticed that now that my diet is strict, every time I slip and have sugar or dairy my skin immediately gets worse. This used to happen when I cut out gluten - every time I'd have some gluten my skin would freak out.

really? i tend to get it everywhere to be honest :( cheeks, jawline, and forehead and sometimes on my chin and nose.

yeah when i slip up with anything really sugary i take a cinnamon pill

i recommend them really. but you shouldnt take them everyday.

yeah i still take saw palmetto. im running out and already ordered some more.. i do believe its helping

look forward to seeing your log!

#47 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

really? i tend to get it everywhere to be honest sad.png cheeks, jawline, and forehead and sometimes on my chin and nose.

yeah when i slip up with anything really sugary i take a cinnamon pill

i recommend them really. but you shouldnt take them everyday.

yeah i still take saw palmetto. im running out and already ordered some more.. i do believe its helping

look forward to seeing your log!

I put cinnamon in my tea, although it's definitely not as potent as a cinnamon pill. What brand are you taking?

How much saw palmetto are you taking per day? I upped mine to 4 pills (total of 600mg), plus 1 clearetto.

Btw, do you have abnormal periods? I was spotting for a week before I got my actual period, and I'm wondering if saw palmetto had anything to do with that.

I started a log today....maybe looking at my pics will help you feel better about your acne - mine is worse! lol. http://www.acne.org/...-log/?p=3329080

#48 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

just started washing with oatmeal (i can never stick to a regime :P)

but omgosh! its amazing.

my skin feels so smooth, is less red and irritated! and ah<3

i used to not like it cause it felt too rough, especially over acne.

but now i saturate it in water til its really soft and milky and use it was a normal cleanser

its heavenly<3

u can get cheap b5 from ebay also a moisturizer with niacinamide/b3 from ebay. Look at the regimen of green gables/quirky fox

just learned that the "simple" moisturizer i use has vitamin b5 in it.

and its cheap :)

#49 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

if you can afford it get ipl/laser done. It will get rid of the redness and active acne instantly. But I would suggest to go to a derm asap to prevent further scarring.

#50 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

just started washing with oatmeal (i can never stick to a regime tongue.png)

but omgosh! its amazing.

but now i saturate it in water til its really soft and milky and use it was a normal cleanser

its heavenly<3

and its cheap smile.png

awesome! what kind of oatmeal do you use?

Also, what moisturizer do you use that has b5? I need to look into that because last time I got a facial, the esthetician used a B5 mask and it felt great on my skin. I developed some discoloration under the eye area so I'm trying to find gentle moisturizers to prevent further damage. My esthetician told me that sometimes discoloration isn't from products or sun damage, but from hormonal changes, so I wonder if saw palmetto's hormonal influence has something to do with the discoloration I've been getting (mostly brownish/ hyperpigmented patches on my face). Did you get any discoloration recently?

#51 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

just started washing with oatmeal (i can never stick to a regime tongue.png)

but omgosh! its amazing.

its heavenly<3

and its cheap smile.png

awesome! what kind of oatmeal do you use?

Also, what moisturizer do you use that has b5? I need to look into that because last time I got a facial, the esthetician used a B5 mask and it felt great on my skin. I developed some discoloration under the eye area so I'm trying to find gentle moisturizers to prevent further damage. My esthetician told me that sometimes discoloration isn't from products or sun damage, but from hormonal changes, so I wonder if saw palmetto's hormonal influence has something to do with the discoloration I've been getting (mostly brownish/ hyperpigmented patches on my face). Did you get any discoloration recently?

hmmmm, i havent noticed any unusual discoloration. same old same old. my acne marks looks more red some days and less others.. so maybe that? i dont know heh.

and its this that has the b5 >https://cdn.alice.co....jpg?1327422174

that you can get from the drugstore.

i just got the newest one with sunscreen but the consistency isnt as smooth and creamy, its more thick, i dont like it as much, but overall its been great and wears well under my makeup.

#52 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried Simple's make up removing wipes. Their line keeps expanding - every time I go to the grocery store, I find new products. My only concern about the B5 moisturizer is that it has dimethicone in it, which is an acne irritant. Have you had any irritation or breakouts from it? All the other ingredients seem harmless, and I love the fact that it contains B5

#53 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried Simple's make up removing wipes. Their line keeps expanding - every time I go to the grocery store, I find new products. My only concern about the B5 moisturizer is that it has dimethicone in it, which is an acne irritant. Have you had any irritation or breakouts from it? All the other ingredients seem harmless, and I love the fact that it contains B5

well i cant find the "light moisturizer" anymore without spf sad.png

i think they only sell it with spf now

and a "rich moisturizer"

i always used the light.. its a really nice consistency.. the rich is obviously a little thicker, but if you use a little bit of it its fine

the spf one though is very thick, like a sunscreen (go figure tongue.png) and you have to work it in.

but overall they're all okay. i've been liking them.

i dont use anything else from the line

not that i wouldnt, just never tried anything.

current face wash regime:

morning:

wash with oatmeal, rinse with cool water

toner: diluted apple cider vinegar (every other morning)

moisturizer: Simple Light Moisturizer with SPF

evening:

wash makeup off with african black soap

wash with oatmeal, rinse with lukewarm water, lather on honey for about 2 minutes, rinse with cooler water

toner: diluted apple cider vinegar

moisturizer: Simple Rich Moisturizer

sometimes:

Lush Speed Lightnen spot treatment

Aloe Vera Plant left on overnight

Edited by heyybrighteyes, 01 March 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#54 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Any improvements? I'm gonna post new pics soon. At the moment, my face is soaked in honey in hopes of healing those rolling scars that appeared out of nowhere. My moisturizer has a low percentage of glycolic acid, and I wonder if that's what's irritating my skin. But I have been using it for over a year now. Is your skin overly sensitive to products like mine is? Lately, even washing it with plain water would irritate it, that's why I switched to spring water.

Btw, I used to use Lush's moisturizers but I haven't for a few years ....do you like their products?

Edited by WishClean, 01 March 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#55 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Any improvements? I'm gonna post new pics soon. At the moment, my face is soaked in honey in hopes of healing those rolling scars that appeared out of nowhere. My moisturizer has a low percentage of glycolic acid, and I wonder if that's what's irritating my skin. But I have been using it for over a year now. Is your skin overly sensitive to products like mine is? Lately, even washing it with plain water would irritate it, that's why I switched to spring water.

Btw, I used to use Lush's moisturizers but I haven't for a few years ....do you like their products?

my face isnt as sensitive as my neck, but it can still be irritated easily.

what moisturizer are you using? doesnt seem goos to be leaving glycolic acid on your skin all day.. but im not sure

my skin reacts really well to oatmeal and honey right now, i love it:)

i might post pics soon too but so far my skin is sorda steady.. doesnt look worse or better. just feels a lot smoother.

and the spot treatment is the only lush product i use.. it helps heal my acne faster, but its not a miracle.

i wouldnt buy it again. and since their products are based around natural stuff.. its best to just through your own fruits in a blender and put it on than to spend your money on their overpriced stuff, just my opinion

#56 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

my face isnt as sensitive as my neck, but it can still be irritated easily.

what moisturizer are you using? doesnt seem goos to be leaving glycolic acid on your skin all day.. but im not sure

my skin reacts really well to oatmeal and honey right now, i love it:)

i might post pics soon too but so far my skin is sorda steady.. doesnt look worse or better. just feels a lot smoother.

and the spot treatment is the only lush product i use.. it helps heal my acne faster, but its not a miracle.

i wouldnt buy it again. and since their products are based around natural stuff.. its best to just through your own fruits in a blender and put it on than to spend your money on their overpriced stuff, just my opinion

Oh, I have the opposite issue...my neck isn't as sensitive as my face. I usually test out new products on my neck and my forehead because they are my least acne-prone areas.

The moisturizer I'm using is Boscia's black hydration gel....it's actually very lighweight and can serve as a primer too under makeup. http://www.sephora.c...ion-gel-P297568

I've been using it for over a year, but only recently have I been noticing scarring, so I'm not sure if it's related to the glycolic or other things I'm using. On sensitive areas like under the eye area I use murad's clean scene moisturizer because it's mild (and for teens, but hey, my skin breaks out like a teenager's so why not). I also started using again Neova's DNA damage repair because it has good SPF and zinc oxide, which helps calm down redness.

I used to use Korres pomegranate wipes to take my makeup off with no issues for years, and all of a sudden a few months ago I started getting a bad reaction to those too...my skin would get red and blotchy after using them and I think I was reacting to the fragrance, to which I wasn't sensitive before. So weird. 

At least my skin has been feeling smoother, which makes the makeup go on more evenly and covers up all the mess underneath lol.

Yeah, I agree about lush products...a friend recommended their saltwater toner recently, but I think I could probably make my own version using natural ingredients with no fragrance. I used to love their moisturizer, but last time I ordered (about 3-4 years ago) the moisturizer looked moldy (it had a greenish tint and smelled funny). When I tried to return it they wouldn't take it back and told me that this sometimes happens because they do not use preservatives in their natural moisturizers. So I never ordered again...although I love that they don't use parabens in their moisturizers, but I don't want to put mold on my face lol

#57 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

UPDATE

I'm experiencing a bit of brain fog from the saw palmetto dosage. both with my vision and my thought processes

i've having as much as 5 pills of 160mg a day

i'm going to do by best to cut it to 3 a day.

i rely on it with meals, so i'm going to stop having snacks.

cause i take a pill every time i eat, and i eat 5 times a day lol

im just going to have larger meals cause i want to keep my weight, and maybe even gain a couple pounds :)

my skin is really calm lately!

i'm happier with it, but who knows how it will be next week.

eating right! lots of water! mild exercise! supplements!

come on clear skin ;D ahah!

it's only been 3 months since i discovered i have PCOS.

by the end of the year, i'm hoping to see some dramatic changes!

#58 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

UPDATE

I'm experiencing a bit of brain fog from the saw palmetto dosage. both with my vision and my thought processes

im just going to have larger meals cause i want to keep my weight, and maybe even gain a couple pounds smile.png

come on clear skin grinwink.gif ahah!

I'm getting brain fog too...plus, I got terrible headaches when I added evening primrose supplements, so I stopped those. It's weird, because I used to take the same dosage of evening primrose every day for years with no problems.

5 times a day might be too much for saw palmetto...what's the total dosage? I'm taking solgar's saw palmetto, and each capsule contains 150mg standardized sp, plus sp berry powder. When I take 5 a day, I feel dizzy, even when I take it with food.

I'm also starting to wonder if another herb is needed  in order to balance out what sp is doing to the body....especially if it's somehow affecting estrogen production by lowering androgens. Not sure.

#59 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

UPDATE

im just going to have larger meals cause i want to keep my weight, and maybe even gain a couple pounds smile.png

I'm getting brain fog too...plus, I got terrible headaches when I added evening primrose supplements, so I stopped those. It's weird, because I used to take the same dosage of evening primrose every day for years with no problems.

5 times a day might be too much for saw palmetto...what's the total dosage? I'm taking solgar's saw palmetto, and each capsule contains 150mg standardized sp, plus sp berry powder. When I take 5 a day, I feel dizzy, even when I take it with food.

I'm also starting to wonder if another herb is needed  in order to balance out what sp is doing to the body....especially if it's somehow affecting estrogen production by lowering androgens. Not sure.

ive cut it down to 4 a day. im trying for three.. but its difficult cause im hungry all the time

im afraid to not take it when i eat cause i feel like my skin is just going to explode with breakouts lol

but who knows...

the ones i take are 160mg, i should look into getting a smaller dosage.

i havent looked to much into a pill with an adverse affect but you're probably right that would be a good idea.

have you ever moisturized with vaseline?

i dont know why but i was thinking of trying it. but im afraid of breaking out.

its just my scars seem to heal really well when theyre moisturized

i've been doing honey masks almost everyday

and my skin looks sooo  much better afterwards

not perfect, of course.. but i think its actually healing my scars!

my skin loves moisture pretty much :)

#60 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

UPDATE

ive cut it down to 4 a day. im trying for three.. but its difficult cause im hungry all the time

im afraid to not take it when i eat cause i feel like my skin is just going to explode with breakouts lol

but who knows...

the ones i take are 160mg, i should look into getting a smaller dosage.

i havent looked to much into a pill with an adverse affect but you're probably right that would be a good idea.

have you ever moisturized with vaseline?

i dont know why but i was thinking of trying it. but im afraid of breaking out.

its just my scars seem to heal really well when theyre moisturized

i've been doing honey masks almost everyday

and my skin looks sooo  much better afterwards

not perfect, of course.. but i think its actually healing my scars!

my skin loves moisture pretty much smile.png

I take it with food too....usually 4 a day now. Not sure what the right dosage is for me yet, or when it's supposed to fully kick in. I've been on it for almost 2 months now.

Glad the honey masks are working for you! What kind of honey do you use?

I used to use vaseline every night, mostly on my lips, then I read about it being toxic and I got scared. Not sure if that's true or not. But I still have a tube in my bathroom for emergencies. I have been using the yes to tomatoes moisturizer and it's calming down my skin. And the MSM cream seems to be helping too, but it's too soon to tell.

Btw, what do you think of these multivitamins? I was on them for over a year after a big breakout and they really helped my skin (I was also taking acai berry supplements). Do they look ok to combine with saw palmetto you think? http://www.solgar.co...ent-Tablets.htm