Photo

Clearing From The Inside Out (Pcos)

pcos diet holistic zinc milk thistle saw palmetto makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#21 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm going to keep taking saw palmetto, but reduce the dosage so that I can also take 1 clearetto pill a day until I ran out of the saw palmetto. When I ran out, I will start taking 2 clearetto pills a day, maybe 3 on bad days. I started with 1 clearetto pill yesterday and my stomach got really upset even though I had it with food. Have you had that reaction or any other side effects? I also felt a bit dizzy after taking it, and had trouble focusing.

What brand of milk thistle do you take by the way, and how many pills a day?

hmmm, at what point are you taking it? before, during, or after food? i take mine directly after, with less than half a glass of water. i usually dont drink a lot with my meals.

i dont recall any reaction like that though, i felt fine.

not sure if its the saw palmetto or something else, but for about a month now ive had a lot of noticeable tension on the bridge of my nose, it feels like its gonna break out horribly.. but never does.. its weird. and uncomfortable, do you have anything similar or you?

this is the milk thistle ive been taking : http://www.amazon.co...ils_o05_s00_i00

and i take like 2 or 3 a day. i'm not very strict on it anymore. but when i was i would take 2. 1 in the morning, 1 at night.

Oh, that is weird. Do you mean like sinus pressure? How long does it last for? I haven't experienced any tension on my nose, but have been feeling a bit dizzy since starting the clearetto 2 days ago...so I try to eat well before taking it.

Does milk thistle interact with other herbs, or is it safe to take? I know that some herbs interact with others (E.g. vitex and saw palmetto) but I don;t think I heard anything about milk thistle's interactions.

i wonder if youre feeling dizzy due to any potential overdose? are there any other vitamins youre taking with it? or are the foods youre eating with high in any vitamin already in clearetto? otherwise.. i'm not sure why you feel dizzy :/

milk thistle hasnt been a problem for me. i dont even second guess it when i take it. but who knows :/ i suggest researching that one.

and its not sinuses but it just feels.. tight. just annoyingly tight.. almost like my nose is being pinched.. its really strange.

#22 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Mini Update....

Yesterday i started to feel really really sick!

I was gassy :X bloated, and overall my stomach was feeling awful.

I've been in bed all day today with nothing but a glass of water, til about a half hour ago, i finally got up cause i was craving something sweet.

So i went to starbucks and got a  frappacino hehe... then saw in n out, and suddenly had an appetite again...

so much for staying on track..

I don't think i caught the stomach flu. I'm pretty sure i feel this way because the girl at subway put a huge amount of cilantro on my sandwich yesterday :o  lol

like wayyyy more than usual.. so im pretty sure i was experiencing a detox effect or something...

took two clearetto pills with my meal tonight

so i'm hoping i don't break out.! :X

prior though to all this... my skin has been looking so good..

i got so many compliments yesterday... like way more than usual..

not about my skin directly..

but a lot of guys at work kept saying i looked beautiful :o

which is not the norm!

and i notice my scars are lightening up and improving dramatically :)

i'm really pleased! and hope this continues.

#23 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Sorry about the setback....are you feeling ok today? I think my body is still getting used to my new regimen and diet. This morning I had the worst stomachache, it felt like menstrual cramps but it's not that time of the month. Not sure what was going on. But my skin has been improving so far, so I'm encouraged by the progress! Well, apart from a huge cyst near my mouth that makes that side of my face look bloated. But I'm not complaining cool.png

It must be good to get lots of compliments from guys! I haven't really gone out in a few weeks because my skin looked really bad, so the only "guy" I got a compliment from was an old man at the vitamins section of my grocery store. hahaha

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#24 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Sorry about the setback....are you feeling ok today? I think my body is still getting used to my new regimen and diet. This morning I had the worst stomachache, it felt like menstrual cramps but it's not that time of the month. Not sure what was going on. But my skin has been improving so far, so I'm encouraged by the progress! Well, apart from a huge cyst near my mouth that makes that side of my face look bloated. But I'm not complaining cool.png

It must be good to get lots of compliments from guys! I haven't really gone out in a few weeks because my skin looked really bad, so the only "guy" I got a compliment from was an old man at the vitamins section of my grocery store. hahaha

im feeling a lot better now thank you smile.png

but my skin isn't looking as good as i said anymore... which is a little frustrating..

i had like two really good days! and now my scars are red and dark again... i don't get it :/

a few recent pimples are going away.. nothing very new though.. so thats good.

old man in a grocery store huh? thats not creepy wink.png hahaha!

but ill admit yeah i did feel good... looking back at what i wrote it sounds like the whole store was flaunting over me or something..

it was just two guys at work that said something and one creepy customer. lol!

tongue.png

Edited by heyybrighteyes, 30 January 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#25 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

My skin got a bit worse too, plus the red scars...but I did eat some sugar, so that might be why my skin freaked out. Btw, do you feel weak or dizzy during the day? I've been feeling a bit weak but I'm not sure if it's because of the clearetto....I take the pills with food, but sometimes I still feel a bit weak.

haha, yea it's always nice to get compliments but not from creepers! I usually get compliments when I'm wearing makeup, not when I go out without covering up my acne. There used to be times when I would go out without makeup and get tons of compliments, but those days are gone.

Do you wear foundation btw? I'm in the process of trying out new foundations and mineral makeup, but I'm not sure what's working and what's not. Too many options!

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#26 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

my skin is just bleh right now... sad.png

this is so frustrating! i think im going to try the paleo diet, and eat more meat and fish

i recommend checking out this article : http://www.thelovevi...ith-real-foods/

and she also links some more good articles

in fact i suggest JUST checking out the articles she linked

cause she doesn't have pcos herself.. so it's just stuff we already know

ive been breaking out in little white heads on my forehead which prior to that has been clear for over a month!!

and also along my jawline

nothing too crazy... just like 3 or 4 in total

but i still dont like it haha

whenever something starts to work for me i get so much hope that i've found the answer

than slowly everything comes back and i get depressed

i need to just stay on track!! this site helps me.

and to answer your question, yes i wear foundation

my scars are so red that i almost feel like i cant leave the house without it!

i go grocery shopping and to walmart with no makeup and ill be fine

but when i go to work or school or to family things i always put it on because unfortunately i care too much lol

i wear maybelline superstay, the thick goopey crap.. but it covers really well, and while i know its probably not good for my skin.. it's helping for now..

once i have clear skin i don't think ill ever touch foundation again..

i don't understand why some girls with nothing on their face wear it at all... its a mystery to me haha.

AND also... i have been feeling a bit weak and dizzy!!!

i think it could be the clearetto but i'm not too sure

cause i didn't feel like this at all when i started?

but last night i fell asleep with a headache

and still have it this morning :/

and i just never want to get out of bed...

Edited by heyybrighteyes, 02 February 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#27 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Starting the Paleo diet tomorrow 1/3/13

I'll probably still have some rice and bread but very little and not everyday.

going to do it for a month and see how it works for me.

i'm sorda hoping it doesn't cause its so expensive to eat this way lol

as of now i have like 5 active breakouts, all on my forehead.

i'll probably start posting pictures soon.

Edited by heyybrighteyes, 02 February 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#28 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

My skin is also bleh....maybe the clearetto is too strong? I upped my dosage to 3 pills a day, plus a separate saw palmetto pill. You are probably right about maybe overdosing on the other vitamins & minerals in clearetto, especially vitamin D which is a high percentage. I wonder if that's the reason we get dizzy...when I took vitamin d on its own I couldn't stomach it and I felt queasy. Hmm... maybe I will try taking less clearetto pills and more plain saw palmetto.

Thanks for the useful links on diet and PCOS. is the paleo diet similar to candida? Candida doesn't allow fruit at first, which really limits my options.

#29 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

My skin is also bleh....maybe the clearetto is too strong? I upped my dosage to 3 pills a day, plus a separate saw palmetto pill. You are probably right about maybe overdosing on the other vitamins & minerals in clearetto, especially vitamin D which is a high percentage. I wonder if that's the reason we get dizzy...when I took vitamin d on its own I couldn't stomach it and I felt queasy. Hmm... maybe I will try taking less clearetto pills and more plain saw palmetto.

Thanks for the useful links on diet and PCOS. is the paleo diet similar to candida? Candida doesn't allow fruit at first, which really limits my options.

i really recommend researching paleo

its mainly eating meat and vegetables, they call it the caveman diet

its what caveman primarly ate and they apparently had no disease we have today including acne.

i still don't know all of the restrictions except grains like rice and bread and basically anything processed like pasta and stuff

you can eat fruit but its recommended on an empty stomach as a snack

i think candida says no fruit because its not good to consume with other whole foods because fruit requires certain enzymes to break it down

so its safe to eat alone

but not with other food, but if candida is working for you than stick with it

and yeah im thinking the clearetto is too strong, im only taking 2 a day now

#30 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

okay through observation....

my skin tends to break out no matter what i eat... (i think)

because when i started taking saw palmetto a couple months ago i noticed that when i would take it after food i felt fine and everything was normal

now im starting to eat snacks where i take no supplements after and im breaking out everywhere...

i feel llike im back to square one.

i think the clearetto is a good idea, but not necessary if you already have a versatile diet with natural vitamins in them.

the main thing for me and my pcos is saw palmetto

it helps keep the food i consume from changing my hormones too rapidly

so diet/regime now: (as of 2-4-13)

paleo : chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon

veggies: carrots, celery, spinach, tomato, etc.

fruit: grapes, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, apples, bananas, etc.

almonds, salads...

probably going to try to avoid snacking

but with every meal im going to take saw palmetto OR apple cider vinegar OR a cinnamon pill (but rarely since i know its bad)

going to do light excersizes everyday

like yoga or something

and drinking water religiously throughout the day haha

i believe this is what will work for me.

we shall see.

#31 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

So the paleo isn't paying off you think? Maybe it's too soon to notice a positive change? I'm still sticking to the candida diet, but I'm not following it as strictly as I should so I think it's not going to be as effective. I think one of my issues is high fructose, that's why I don't consume any fruits at the moment to see what will happen. Oh, btw  I don't eat meat so can meat be replaced by fish in the paleo diet?

My skin looks fine on some days (well, with makeup on at least), and on other days my cystic acne is too noticeable and impossible to disguise with makeup. I reduced the clearetto to 2 pills a day, and now also taking more saw palmetto. How much saw palmetto are you taking? Did you completely stop the clearetto?

I was seeing results with the saw palmetto, so maybe I should stick with that and only take 1 clearetto to address any vitamin  & zinc deficiencies.

Btw, some people on the message boards believe that B6 can aggravate acne. Clearetto has B6....I read conflicting reports about it's effect on acne. Some sources say that it's bad in large quantities, other sources say it helps control hormones. Hmmm.... Now I think I'll only take 1 clearetto a day, and saw palmetto pills

Edited by WishClean28, 06 February 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#32 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

yeah its too soon to say for paleo, i'm going to do my best to stick with it

its really not too hard for me actually... i like the food

im considering letting go of fruit for a while to see what happens...

but i like it too much.

i just bought some distilled water to drink, and ALSO just got my peony and licorice formula supplement in the mail lol

i add way to many things to my list haha, but its suppose to be a "universal healer" and great for PCOS

so we shall see.

i just need patience most of all.

still taking the clearetto

one with breakfast and one with dinner. but i might just start taking on from now on, probably in the evening.

the rest of my meals and snacks i have saw palmetto alone.

and ill be adding the peony/licorice at lunch from now on.

how has your skin been? seeing any improvement?

#33 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

What are your topical treatments? My sugestion will be to use a vitamin b5 serum if possible from skinceuticals and a super anti-oxidant moisturizer with green tea/thyme/b3 etc. There are lot of threads on B5 look into it.

#34 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

What are your topical treatments? My sugestion will be to use a vitamin b5 serum if possible from skinceuticals and a super anti-oxidant moisturizer with green tea/thyme/b3 etc. There are lot of threads on B5 look into it.

b5 is soooooo expensive :o

i currently use eclos plant stem cells (morning) and black african soap (night) as face washes

honey or yogurt mixed with lemon and cinnamon as masks

and jojoba oil as moisturizer

#35 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

but i like it too much.

i just bought some distilled water to drink, and ALSO just got my peony and licorice formula supplement in the mail lol

i add way to many things to my list haha, but its suppose to be a "universal healer" and great for PCOS

so we shall see.

one with breakfast and one with dinner. but i might just start taking on from now on, probably in the evening.

My skin is at a standstill - not better, not worse, but definitely feels calmer. I hope it stays calm because next week I'm going to be PMSing and usually all hell breaks loose by then, haha. How is your skin doing?

#36 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

but i like it too much.

so we shall see.

My skin is at a standstill - not better, not worse, but definitely feels calmer. I hope it stays calm because next week I'm going to be PMSing and usually all hell breaks loose by then, haha. How is your skin doing?

haha hope it stays calm :X

mines pretty much the same..

a few new breakouts but theyre nothing major at all

and will be gone soon, i hope

#37 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

today is not my day...

it's taken me way too long to do my makeup.. and im still not satisfied with it.

i bought a  new foundation "TLC by Almay" but it looks so cakey on my face i had to wash it off and start over

i ended up mixing it with a foundation ive been using for several months now "Super stay by Maybelline"

it covers and blends really well but they dont have my color, and almay matches perfectly.. but looks awful.

ugh, i just cant win sometimes...

this is going to a little rant/journal post i guess.

acne has the potential to mess people up emotionally, i believe.

without acne i just feel that i would be so much more normal than i am now lol

i hate constantly worrying about my skin and how i look.

i would love to leave the house without makeup everyday and not care.. but i just cant seem to do it..

and my skin is just! agh, i dont really have the patience for this slow progress stuff lol

im going to continue to eat right and do what i can for myself..

but gosh .. sometimes i really feel like i'll never be clear.

its awful sad.png

my "scars" or red marks that are left after the acne are making me mad too

they'll look really good for a couple of days and seem to be getting lighter

than suddenly they're bright red and almost covering my whole face..

i just don't understand it sad.png

i'm just having a bad day and really don't want to work tonight (3-9:30pm)

bleh.

I NEED TO STOP BEING SOOOO..... vain.

Edited by heyybrighteyes, 04 March 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#38 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I totally sympathize.... I look in the mirror so many times, always worried about how my makeup looks and if my acne is getting worse. For people who don't know I'm insecure, I probably come across as vain because I'm constantly worried about the way I look. Plus, I'm so broke right now from spending most of my salary on special foods, new makeup, facials,  and new sunscreen. Trying to heal and hide acne is so time consuming and so isolating at times. I can't even imagine being in a relationship with the state my acne is in right now.

I have days where there is progress, and days where I feel hopeless....

How is the saw palmetto and the clearetto working for you? Now I'm down to just 1 clearetto a day and 4 saw palmetto pills. The SP capsule has silica, I hope that's not going to affect acne...I heard some people break out from silica in cosmetics, but I'm not sure about the silica in supplement capsules.

#39 heyybrighteyes

heyybrighteyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I totally sympathize.... I look in the mirror so many times, always worried about how my makeup looks and if my acne is getting worse. For people who don't know I'm insecure, I probably come across as vain because I'm constantly worried about the way I look. Plus, I'm so broke right now from spending most of my salary on special foods, new makeup, facials,  and new sunscreen. Trying to heal and hide acne is so time consuming and so isolating at times. I can't even imagine being in a relationship with the state my acne is in right now.

I have days where there is progress, and days where I feel hopeless....

How is the saw palmetto and the clearetto working for you? Now I'm down to just 1 clearetto a day and 4 saw palmetto pills. The SP capsule has silica, I hope that's not going to affect acne...I heard some people break out from silica in cosmetics, but I'm not sure about the silica in supplement capsules.

exactly! acne just takes over... this is definitely something somebody with clear skin cannot understand!

i want to thank you for reading and responding to these posts! you really help with this... to keep going. so thank you smile.png

I couldnt date anyone thati had to see all the time! id go crazy. (in fact that never even clicked with me until i just wrote that...)

i dated long distance (2 hrs away from each other) for 2 years, we broke up cause of other reasons.. and now im dating someone across the freaking country! hahaha we've met and everything.. but now im wondering if theres any psychology behind this and how i feel about myself..

anyway though...

my skin is still breaking out a little bit but not too bad.. i stopped the clearetto, it really was giving me crazy headaches, i couldnt handle it

sincethen i  ordered/started taking the pills "peony and licorice" this is the exact one i bought, same site and all : http://www.amazon.co...ils_o02_s00_i00

its a little pricey! but it does the same thing that saw palmetto does and moree, it seems safer in my opinion

so heres my supplement regime for now:

breakfast:

saw palmetto

symplex f (http://www.amazon.co...ils_o03_s00_i00)

lunch/snacks:

peony and licorice (after every portion)

milk thistle

cod liver (if i remember)

dinner:

same as breakfast.

i dont drink water with meals at all anymore (or any fluid for that matter) only a little to get the pills down but thats it

i wait 1 to 2 hours before drinking anything

what i've been eating:

eggs with tomatoes and spinach

celery wih sesame seed butter

carrots, almonds, grapes, blueberries, blackberries

corn, brocolli

pumpkin and flax seed cereal with bananas and almond milk (so yummy)

chicken salad with avacado

tuna

salmon (ran out)

turkey bacon (ran out)

on occasion : subway sandwich

the other night i had taco bell ;x hehe... sometimes i get so hungry and have no self control.

Edited by heyybrighteyes, 04 March 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#40 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hey! Glad to see you are keeping up with a mostly healthy diet. I have been extremely busy organizing a conference for work, and inevitably not being as careful with what I eat, but still didn't do too bad. I'lll give you an update after I recover from this hectic week rolleyes.gif