Photo

Advice Please (Pics Included)

pustules inflammation hormones cyst vitamin d vitamin d3 gluten

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#61 ElectroPopKittie

ElectroPopKittie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Well, the Neem oil that I bought it just Neem oil nothing else. But hey if it doesnt work for you, it doesnt for you! :) I'm currently using SkinCeuticals Phyto for hyperpigmentation. How is the saw palmetto? I'm thinking about starting that in addition to my B5, Spearmint and red clover intake. I have switched to drinking distilled water too. Since using neem my skin has been flaking off and not in a bad way!!

I wish I had more advice for you, I'm sort of at a stalemate with my treatment, seeing how it goes. I can say though that I havent developed any new acne like I used to, and any cysts that I feel usually go away by themselves. You don't eat sugar right?

#62 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Well, the Neem oil that I bought it just Neem oil nothing else. But hey if it doesnt work for you, it doesnt for you! smile.png I'm currently using SkinCeuticals Phyto for hyperpigmentation. How is the saw palmetto? I'm thinking about starting that in addition to my B5, Spearmint and red clover intake. I have switched to drinking distilled water too. Since using neem my skin has been flaking off and not in a bad way!!

I wish I had more advice for you, I'm sort of at a stalemate with my treatment, seeing how it goes. I can say though that I havent developed any new acne like I used to, and any cysts that I feel usually go away by themselves. You don't eat sugar right?

Yeah, my skin is very stubborn and rarely responds to topicals...so frustrating. SkinCeuticals' phytocorrective was working for me the first few days, and then nothing....it actually clogged my pores a bit, although I was careful about only applying it to acne-prone areas.

Saw palmetto is helping, but I'm still trying to figure out the correct dosage for my body. How are your supplements working? I used to drink lots of spearmint tea, but all it did for me was make me bloated and did not help my acne. Too bad because many people have seen results with it.

Btw, what brand of neem are you using?

And no, I try not to eat sugar but I'll usually have a few ginger or peppermint candy drops (low sugar) or brown rice sweetened with stevia if I feel dizzy...my blood sugar tends to drop, so these help me keep it under control.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#63 ElectroPopKittie

ElectroPopKittie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Well, the Neem oil that I bought it just Neem oil nothing else. But hey if it doesnt work for you, it doesnt for you! smile.png I'm currently using SkinCeuticals Phyto for hyperpigmentation. How is the saw palmetto? I'm thinking about starting that in addition to my B5, Spearmint and red clover intake. I have switched to drinking distilled water too. Since using neem my skin has been flaking off and not in a bad way!!

Yeah, my skin is very stubborn and rarely responds to topicals...so frustrating. SkinCeuticals' phytocorrective was working for me the first few days, and then nothing....it actually clogged my pores a bit, although I was careful about only applying it to acne-prone areas.

Saw palmetto is helping, but I'm still trying to figure out the correct dosage for my body. How are your supplements working? I used to drink lots of spearmint tea, but all it did for me was make me bloated and did not help my acne. Too bad because many people have seen results with it.

And no, I try not to eat sugar but I'll usually have a few ginger or peppermint candy drops (low sugar) or brown rice sweetened with stevia if I feel dizzy...my blood sugar tends to drop, so these help me keep it under control.

T

The neem oil I use is called Theraneem. The use of apple cider vinegar (with the mother), spearmint tea and red clover tea, and B5 have shown me results. All but this one stubborn side of my face is clearing, and the bad side has mostly acne marks which are slowly fading.  Mint tea is usually an anti-bloat herb, are you sure it wasnt because of something else taken in conjunction?

I used to get terrible blood sugar drops, up until this year actually. I drank wine, ate a lot of carbs, and even though I did not drink soda, still had enough sugar in my diet to be considered bad. So I decided to switch to no sugar, no carbs diet. The only carbs I eat are vegetables and purple potatoes. I also cut down my dairy to nil and quit all refined sugar. The first two weeks were horrible. I felt like crap all the time, fever, sweats, fatigue. However, after I detoxed from years of sugar and carb consumption, I felt 100x better. Brown rice with sugar is a terrible way to treat low blood sugar. It only causes a spike. Imagine a graph going from low, passing the base line, and rocketing up. To avoid the horrible detox I had you can always try to cut down slowly. I keep almond butter packs handy from Adams (not sure what grocery stores you have access to). I don't know you, and I'm not a doc, but I can speak from my own experience that this new lifestyle has helped me immensely. I hardly even consume fructose (fruit sugar). My energy is up, and my skin is clearing. I eat lots of organic meats and veggies and my waistline is actually slimming down (I do Zumba twice a week and ride horses too once a week).

I feel your frustration, dont give up, and feel free to discard/use any of my advice, everyone is different! :)

#64 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

T

The neem oil I use is called Theraneem. The use of apple cider vinegar (with the mother), spearmint tea and red clover tea, and B5 have shown me results. All but this one stubborn side of my face is clearing, and the bad side has mostly acne marks which are slowly fading.  Mint tea is usually an anti-bloat herb, are you sure it wasnt because of something else taken in conjunction?

I used to get terrible blood sugar drops, up until this year actually. I drank wine, ate a lot of carbs, and even though I did not drink soda, still had enough sugar in my diet to be considered bad. So I decided to switch to no sugar, no carbs diet. The only carbs I eat are vegetables and purple potatoes. I also cut down my dairy to nil and quit all refined sugar. The first two weeks were horrible. I felt like crap all the time, fever, sweats, fatigue. However, after I detoxed from years of sugar and carb consumption, I felt 100x better. Brown rice with sugar is a terrible way to treat low blood sugar. It only causes a spike. Imagine a graph going from low, passing the base line, and rocketing up. To avoid the horrible detox I had you can always try to cut down slowly. I keep almond butter packs handy from Adams (not sure what grocery stores you have access to). I don't know you, and I'm not a doc, but I can speak from my own experience that this new lifestyle has helped me immensely. I hardly even consume fructose (fruit sugar). My energy is up, and my skin is clearing. I eat lots of organic meats and veggies and my waistline is actually slimming down (I do Zumba twice a week and ride horses too once a week).

I feel your frustration, dont give up, and feel free to discard/use any of my advice, everyone is different! smile.png

Thanks for the advice. It's good to get someone's perspective on things...it seems like your approach is working, which is great!

I used theraneem's serum for acne prone skin....it gave my skin a glow, but didn't help my acne sadly. I used to use a neem cream for redness that worked, but I couldn't find that brand at my local health foods store anymore; I forgot what brand it was, I just remembered what the container looked like but haven't seen it in stores in years.

The sugar I put in rice is actually stevia, and I read on the message boards here that it doesn't spike up insulin so I assumed it was ok...I also snack on almonds, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts to keep me full. I don't think I could only live on vegetables, that's why I have some eggs, lentils, ocra, and other stuff to keep my energy level up. I cut out fruit and dairy too, which was a huge transition. I don't eat meat, so I have to have fish a couple of times a week for the protein and for variety.

Are you planning on reintroducing certain foods after a while?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#65 ElectroPopKittie

ElectroPopKittie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm sorry, I shouldve been more clear lol. I dont just live off veggies omg!! I could not do that either. I eat a lot of meat, vegetables, fish, and eggs. Basically high protein. There are mixed results in the studies on stevia, but it is said to be far more potent than sugar. Have you ever seen "Hungry for Change"? Its a great documentary that covers many things about sugars and it has MDs in it. If nothing else, it is very interesting and insightful! I eat lentils sometimes as well, since they are high in protein. Eating "clean" and organic are very important to me. I just checked my face, and I have some cysts on my chin. I also just started time of the month, so I'll wait a few days and see if it was from that. Its so hard to tell whether I'm purging or just getting zits!! As soon as I've got some money, I'm going to get a juicer and start REALLY packing in the green goodness.

I hope that someday I can reintroduce foods!! I miss many things. It's not that I'm hungry ever, I just miss things, especially my red wine!! But honestly at this point I am indefinitely on this diet. I'm 26, who knows, maybe my chemistry will change in the next few years and I won't need to be so strict. I'm really glad that I found this board because there is no one but people like us who really "get it"!! I think that acneic people must be the cleanest, most conscientious eaters on the planet LOL other than maybe diabetics. I have a doc appt this coming week, so I am going to ask for a  blood test to see what exactly is wrong with my horomones. I'm fairly sure it's an androgen problem. I really do NOT want to take Rx meds.

Something else I eat, is spaghetti squash. SUPER low on the glycemic index and its great if you miss pasta!! You just bake it (cut up in foil) for like 40 min on 450 and it just spoons out into noodles. Take out the seeds first though lol. That, with ground organic beef or lamb and marinara with fresh herbs is delish, filling, and healthy.

These boards are great, its nice to compare and contrast, even if we end up with different results!! rolleyes.gif

#66 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I'm sorry, I shouldve been more clear lol. I dont just live off veggies omg!! I could not do that either. I eat a lot of meat, vegetables, fish, and eggs. Basically high protein. There are mixed results in the studies on stevia, but it is said to be far more potent than sugar. Have you ever seen "Hungry for Change"? Its a great documentary that covers many things about sugars and it has MDs in it. If nothing else, it is very interesting and insightful! I eat lentils sometimes as well, since they are high in protein. Eating "clean" and organic are very important to me. I just checked my face, and I have some cysts on my chin. I also just started time of the month, so I'll wait a few days and see if it was from that. Its so hard to tell whether I'm purging or just getting zits!! As soon as I've got some money, I'm going to get a juicer and start REALLY packing in the green goodness.

I hope that someday I can reintroduce foods!! I miss many things. It's not that I'm hungry ever, I just miss things, especially my red wine!! But honestly at this point I am indefinitely on this diet. I'm 26, who knows, maybe my chemistry will change in the next few years and I won't need to be so strict. I'm really glad that I found this board because there is no one but people like us who really "get it"!! I think that acneic people must be the cleanest, most conscientious eaters on the planet LOL other than maybe diabetics. I have a doc appt this coming week, so I am going to ask for a  blood test to see what exactly is wrong with my horomones. I'm fairly sure it's an androgen problem. I really do NOT want to take Rx meds.

Something else I eat, is spaghetti squash. SUPER low on the glycemic index and its great if you miss pasta!! You just bake it (cut up in foil) for like 40 min on 450 and it just spoons out into noodles. Take out the seeds first though lol. That, with ground organic beef or lamb and marinara with fresh herbs is delish, filling, and healthy.

These boards are great, its nice to compare and contrast, even if we end up with different results!! rolleyes.gif

I haven't seen that documentary...will it make me even more paranoid about what I put into my body? lol. I'll have to check it out, and rethink stevia.

Where do you get spaghetti squash? Is it sold in that form, or do you make it from scratch? It sounds delicious! I've tried gluten free brown rice pasta recently and it was pretty good. I'm trying to have some variety in my diet, but sometimes it's hard to find the time to cook every day.

I was going to have hormonal tests done and also check for vitamin deficiencies but they are so expensive. I wish health insurance could cover acne (or even PCOS) as a legitimate medical condition...most insurance companies don't even realize how costly acne-related tests are. I couldn't afford to get the tests done right now, so I'm just going by trial and error at the moment.

#67 ElectroPopKittie

ElectroPopKittie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

I haven't seen that documentary...will it make me even more paranoid about what I put into my body? lol. I'll have to check it out, and rethink stevia.

Where do you get spaghetti squash? Is it sold in that form, or do you make it from scratch? It sounds delicious! I've tried gluten free brown rice pasta recently and it was pretty good. I'm trying to have some variety in my diet, but sometimes it's hard to find the time to cook every day.

I was going to have hormonal tests done and also check for vitamin deficiencies but they are so expensive. I wish health insurance could cover acne (or even PCOS) as a legitimate medical condition...most insurance companies don't even realize how costly acne-related tests are. I couldn't afford to get the tests done right now, so I'm just going by trial and error at the moment.

Well...I cant guarantee that you wont think more about what you put in your body, but I dont think itll drive you over the edge lol. I actually felt good after watching it as opposed to scared. Its pretty upbeat. Its on Netflix instant if you have a subscription. Spaghetti squash- its a round yellow squash sold at all grocery stores and very inexpensive but they are heavy so just watch the pounds if youre on a budget. It yields quite a bit though so it lasts a few days in case you just want to have something to heat up.  Heres a great vid for prepping it: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sD-4E_woLz0

Keep in mind that if its large, itll take longer. So just pop it in the oven and wait, you really cant overcook as long as its covered in foil. Then, I just prepare some organic meat closer to the time I feel the squash will be cooked,  cooking the meat with marinara, onions, shallots, fresh basil, garlic salt  (its low sodium), or whatever you like. I'm a big foodie and I have a good menu for my new lifestyle if you have any more food questions or recipe needs let me know.

Fortunately I have VA insurance :) But, aside from acne, shouldnt your insurance cover horomonal tests to see how your horomones are doing? Acne is a symptom not the cause so I'd think it would be covered. Just say you're trying to conceive lol or you have irregular periods.

#68 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

cool, thanks for the video...my cooking skills have been improving since I started cooking more rolleyes.gif Yes, let me know if you have any other easy recipes... I usually just stick to simple stuff but I would like to try new things

#69 Melie87

Melie87

We just need to learn how to balance our skin :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Yo, question for ElectroPopKittie ha...are you still on the b5 supplement? It did not work for me, I was just curious how much you took, and if you are currently still on it, and seeing positive results. Thanks!

We need to feed our skin

as we'd feed our bodies

a delicate rhythmic dance

we all deserve to find.

Eminence Organics

-probiotic cleanser

-hungarian face mask

-citrus exfoliating wash

Acure Organics

-sensitive facial cleanser

(alternating face washes helps

so my skin does not become resistant)

Spironolactone 25 mg 2x daily

Retin A Micro every other night

Clindamycin every other night

Clindamycin during day under light 100% Pure Mineral Powder on T zone

NO DAIRY, NO CAFFEINE, NO SUGAR!

#70 bodysnxtcher

bodysnxtcher

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

your acne looks EXACTLY like mine used to. i think you would greatly benefit from taking spironolactone. 

i began taking spiro two months ago, and i am the clearest ive been since my acne began forming, 2 years ago. i am not exactly clear, because it takes a while for the medicine to run its course, but i know i will be soon. and i think we're very alike, i used to be completely obsessed with finding the new natural thing to try to cure my acne, and honestly i suffered so much emotionally that it cast a shadow on my life. taking spiro made me realize that all the crazy things i was doing to "prevent" my acne made absolutely 0% difference. gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar free diets, not letting anything touch my face, pillowcases, etc etc makes no difference if your acne is hormonal, because i just spent two weeks eating and doing everything that i thought would break me out and i haven't! so it took a while before i accepted that ive exhausted the whole natural route and that spiro was basically my only choice for right now, but yeah. think about it! it could do wonders for your skin. and by the way you're really gorgeous.

#71 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

I forgot about this thread, this was a long time ago and now my acne is getting better without medication. I got tested for vitamin D deficiency and am now on prescription D2 and it's helping with depression and cystic acne.  Sure, it would be easier to take a pill but you can't take pills longterm, eventually you will need to come off it and then your hormones will gradually become off balance again.