After much embarrassment towards my skin recently, I decided to post photos of my worsening acne condition on this forum in hopes of support and advice. I figured, if I go out in public looking like this, I might as well post pics on here in a supporting environment.
These are pics I took today. My acne has gotten progressively worse in the past 4-5 of weeks. In the midst of it (2 weeks ago), I had a facial, high frequency, and a mini-peel (glycolic, not sure of the % but not high). After the facial, my skin got worse, and now I have inflammation in parts of my face, as well as hormonal cysts (not sure if they are related to the rest of the breakouts, but for the record I'm not PMSing so it doesn't make sense why I would get those at this point in my cycle). My periods are more or less regular, although I have been diagnosed with PCOS in the past.
What I have been doing recently:
- I went off the agnus castus (chaste berry/ vitex) regiment I was following due to breakouts. I thought it stopped working and was not needed by my body anymore, so I stopped it gradually. I had been having allergic reactions as well, not sure to what, and occasional hives that seemed to have stopped when I stopped taking agnus castus so maybe there was a correlation there?
- I stopped taking evening primrose a few weeks after that because that wasn't helping things either in the long run.
- I started taking Vitamin D3 supplements (it's in a dropper, with sunflower oil, not sure if the sunflower oil is bad?) - around 2500/ 5000 IU daily
- I started taking neem supplements (in oil form again, pure neem tinture)
- I started taking taurine supplements
Meanwhile, I have reduced my caffeine intake (not even redbull sugarfree, which I was taking for the taurine), have been gluten free for almost a year, and try to avoid junk food.
Any ideas as to what might be causing the sudden flare up? The small bumps (whiteheads? ) under my skin have been there for a while, could those be keratosis pillaris?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
EDIT: please visit my diet and supplements log with updated pics and the regimen I have been doing since posting this thread. http://www.acne.org/...upplements-log/
Edited by WishClean, 01 March 2013 - 10:42 PM.