Photo

Human Laziness Towards Nutrition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

What a joke this is.

http://www.dailymail...g-calories.html

A lot of us have different opinions on nutrition and how to do things. That is great and i welcome the debate.

However the above link is just the apex of human laziness.
Formerly Nicky D

If you stand for nothing then you will fall for anything

#2 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I can't believe that's actually a thing! I find it disgusting - both the mechanism and that there are people that would want to use this / rather use thisthan improve their diet/lifestyle because they are, as you said, lazy.

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#3 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Recently I saw a picture of a banana slicer. I wonder where this world is going towards..

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Recently I saw a picture of a banana slicer. I wonder where this world is going towards..

That's a symptom of our capitalist consumer driven society. People will make tons of things no one needs but people buy them, And after a while, it never seems to occur to people that these things aren't essential. Look cleaning and personal care products.

Electric can openers for anyone that doesn't have a problem with their hands still amaze me. Why would you want these things cluttering up your counters and power outlets? I've only ever seen 1 person use one and that was my grandmother that had arthritis, but since they bring it up on the news every time we are expecting a storm likely to result in power outages, I must assume that a great many people rely on them and need to be reminded that manual can openers exist and they should get one. But then again, our news broadcasts are full of stupidity.

Edited by alternativista, 08 January 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#5 Miss Soloist

Miss Soloist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Oh. Dear. God. What in the name of....just no, no that can't actually be happening?! ....can it?! Posted Image

Finished Roaccutane!

#6 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I still can't believe that, and why would anyone would want to use that, they must be quite desperate to resort into buying that.

#7 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

One of my pet peeves is wasting food... This is absolutely disgusting.

#8 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

lol

I'm getting one. I'm sick of this whole eating healthy thing anyway

But for real, this is sick. I really like this comment made by someone in the comment section:

"This is utterly immoral. Children starving to death every second of every day and the Americans come up with a machine that allows obese people to sit all day and just eat whatever they want in life threatening amounts. I am usually a sympathetic person but this is a step too far- it is time to stop treating obscenely obese people like babies and put more pressure on them to eat healthily and exercise more. These gluttons do not deserve to just spend their lives sitting and eating and no one should be helping them to do this either"

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

#9 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

lol

I'm getting one. I'm sick of this whole eating healthy thing anyway

lol

I just can't be bothered to digest my own food anymore lol
Formerly Nicky D