No replies to this topic

#1 lookingforhealthyskin

lookingforhealthyskin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hi everyone!
I am a 16 year old and I have been struggling with acne since the age of 13 years old. At 13, my acne was mostly located on my forehead. I would get a few on my cheek area but that was rare. When I was 14 years old, I went on vacation to my home country in asia and my acne completely disappeared. I had nothing. No acne, anywhere. Before going on vacation, the was still mostly on the forehead, there was little more on the cheek area but not inflammed, or anything like that. When I turned 15, my acne started to become must more focused on my cheek area. They began to get inflammed and painful. I got two or three whiteheads pruding out of one bump(i thinkn they are called postules/nodules). My skin never looked so bad. I started using benzyol peroxide and i think that helped slightly but I didn't really use it much or how i was supposed to. That was probably why I didn't see results. Anyway, I stopped that in about a month. After that I didn't do much about my acne. Recenly, however, it is all i think about. I can't look at myself in the mirror. I went to the derm a week ago and he perscribed me with epiduo and minocycline. I was hesitant to take the antibiotics because I had read about the side effects and how it makes acne worse for some people. I also knew that being on the antibiotic would have you taking it for many years. However, I was so desperate, I decided to try it. I took the minocycline for about two days and I began to feel really dizzy. I could barely walk or turn side to side. I felt like vomiting. I was not feeling good and I decided that there was no way that I was going to live like that for two months(thats how long my doctor wanted me to take it). So, I stopped, without even asking the doctor because I just did not ever want to take antibiotics for my acne again. But I am using epiduo and i plan on using it for a long time. I have heard excellent reviews about it and i believe it will work. It hasn't done much so far and it i has been five days since i've used it. Do you think the fact that I stopped the antibiotic, my acne has not been getting better because of the epiduo?

Also, I eat very healthy for someone my age and just in general. I eat no sugar, sweets, excess salt, etc, etc. My diet is comprised largely of fruits,vegetables and whole grain. I eat brown rice and vegetables for lunch and vegetables, lenils and rice for dinner every day and breakfast is always fruits and cereal. I don't snack and even if I do, it will be fruits. I also, drink lots of water, at least half a gallon/day. I also exercise frequently. What's more frustating is, my parents never had acne and they know of noone in my family who did... I think that for me stress plays a role because during summer when school is out, my acne severity decreases.

Please give me some advice as to what I could do about my medicine and how long epiduo takes.
I have attached picutres of my acne on my right and left cheek.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users