3 replies to this topic

#1 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I am 20 years old, female obviously, looking for a more long term acne solution. I am taking Mino now and using Epiduo at night, but I'd like to stop the Mino. I'm interested in BC because the ONLY part of my face that breaks out are my cheeks/lower jaw area. My forehead and nose never get pimples. I've read that this type of acne is usually hormonal. So, should I go on BC? What kind should I go on if I do? I have mild-moderate acne.

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I am 20 years old, female obviously, looking for a more long term acne solution. I am taking Mino now and using Epiduo at night, but I'd like to stop the Mino. I'm interested in BC because the ONLY part of my face that breaks out are my cheeks/lower jaw area. My forehead and nose never get pimples. I've read that this type of acne is usually hormonal. So, should I go on BC? What kind should I go on if I do? I have mild-moderate acne.

The conventional choice for mild-moderate hormonal acne is Ortho Tri Cyclen (generic names are TriNessa and TriSprintec). Should note that this is the regular Ortho Tri Cyclen NOT the "Lo" formulation.

Yaz/Yasmin have also been successfully used for acne.

If your acne was more severe, I would suggest a high estrogen pill like Ortho Novum.

If you're in Europe or Canada, you'll need to look into Dianette or Diane-35.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

The conventional choice for mild-moderate hormonal acne is Ortho Tri Cyclen (generic names are TriNessa and TriSprintec). Should note that this is the regular Ortho Tri Cyclen NOT the "Lo" formulation.

Yaz/Yasmin have also been successfully used for acne.

If your acne was more severe, I would suggest a high estrogen pill like Ortho Novum.

If you're in Europe or Canada, you'll need to look into Dianette or Diane-35.

The NP I saw said she doesn't prescribe Yaz or Yasmin due to the increased risk of blood clots...

But she prescribed me Ortho Cyclen since I told her my experience with TriSprintec was less than great. I do think I'd like to try BC to see if it works for me...but I am a little scared of getting an awful breakout or something if it doesn't work.

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#4 LillyRose7

LillyRose7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

im thinking of going on it as well because im getting the nasty under the skin types of acne on my chin. I break out BAD mid cycle and before my period. cysts mostly. I think YAZ is good and also belara. I heard belara is not avialable everywhere but it really is very good and no weight gain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users