Photo

Best Foundation For Dry, Acneic Skin? (Photo)

dry flakes foundation makeup red mark makeup concealer foundation

3 replies to this topic

#1 hippocampus

hippocampus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm currently using the BP regimen to treat acne, so I have flaky skin if I don't use a moisturizer. Right now my problem is more with uneven skin tone and red marks from old blemishes rather than current acne, so I'd like to wear a foundation. I've tried tinted moisturizers, BB creams, foundations, and concealers and they all seem to accentuate the flakes. Is there any makeup I can use on my face that won't make it look like this photo?

FYI: The image is BB cream applied after two layers of jojoba oil, moisturizer, and primer.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 casslz9

casslz9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

It's really difficult to apply foundation on flaking skin due to a BP regimen. I had the same problem as you do while my skin was adjusting to the BP. I would avoid all power and mineral foundations because they dried my skin and accentuated the flakes. I would find a really hydrating cream or liquid foundation (I used Smashbox 15 hour wear hydrating foundation). I mixed my foundation with my moisturizer (Dan's moisturizer) in a 1:1 ratio in the palm of my hand and then applied it to my face (sometime I added a drop or two of jojoba oil). This method gave me a lot of extra moisture because just foundations or bb cream is not nearly enough while using BP. I also carried the jojoba oil with me through the day and applied a little on the flaky patches of skin that appeared as needed.

Hope this helps.

#3 hippocampus

hippocampus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Great ideas! Thank you so much.

#4 everythingthatshimmers

everythingthatshimmers

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I moisturize with Cetaphil cream and then use Clinique's Superbalanced foundation, works well for me. Thought I was the only one with dry skin and acne. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users