1 reply to this topic

#1 Cairis

Cairis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hello all,

Newbie to the regimen here. Been trawling these boards and the internet for the past few days trying to figure out what BP I can use. Like a lot of folk I am having no luck in finding 2.5%BP but I do have 10% Duac which I was prescribed by the doctor. Do you think it would be worth trying that out?

So far I am using:
Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
(Missing out the BP, really bad!)
Cetaphil Moisturiser

I don't want to order the acne.org stuff from the US as it's so expensive to ship...especially if my skin ends up hating it!(I know you have to take a while to get used to it) Wondering if I should go to the dr's and see if I can get a lesser % BP prescribed?

#2 Flaxen

Flaxen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

You can get 5% Duac from your GP, I'd recommend that over 10% definitely. Do you pay for your prescriptions? If so Dan's BP actually works out cheaper because the size of the tube is so big (see my post above) A tube of Duac is 25g so if you pay for your prescriptions Duac is £7.40/25g. Dan's BP from amazon including shipping is £2/25g!

I don't even have to pay for my prescriptions and I've still opted for Dan's because 2.5% bp is so much better than the 5% Duac I was getting from my GP - I was having so much trouble with redness and flakes that I just don't get at all with 2.5%

I haven't tried Cetaphil but I'm sure they're good as Dan's recommended them and I'd trust anything he says! The regimen really made a big difference to me, I thought I'd tried everything and was desperate and this totally fixed my acne when nothing else would. Hope you get good results too good luck!

Post Roaccutane (finished December 2013) Regimen:          

Morning

Simple Refreshing Facial Wash

Eucerin DermoPurifyer Active Concentrate (with lactic acid AHA)
Avene Very High Protection Emulsion SPF 50+

Nivea Lip Care Sun Protect SPF 30

Zao Silk Foundation - Rose Clair, No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder - Translucent

Evening

Simple Refreshing Facial Wash

Differin 0.1% Adapalene (for anti-ageing benefits/red mark treatment not needed for acne prevention)

Diprobase

Vaseline
100% acne free and left only with the faintest few red marks and shallow scarring.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users