1 reply to this topic

#1 Stephen K

Stephen K

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hi Acne.org community!

I am a long-time user of The Regimen and my skin is virtually always clear. However, lately I have occasionally pared back by routine out of laziness.

During the past week I have experienced the most horrific dry and flaky skin around my mouth. It's red, chapped, and can be painful if irritated. Dan's moisturizer works well, but even at its most effective point it can hurt to fully smile. But this is after a 3-4 vacation-induced hiatus.

Is this caused by not having used the BP in a while? It seems like the minute I stopped using the BP it started occurring. Does that make any sense?

Also, I don't have any jojoba oil...should I just continue with Dan's moisturizer after a small amount of BP or should I try something else?

Thanks so much everyone...you guys are AWESOME. Like completely and totally awesome.

#2 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Where do you live? Are you experiencing a cold snap in your area due to weather? It may explain your excessive dryness and irritation... Try increasing your moisturizing and see how that works... Good luck! :)
DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users