Photo

Bcp For Hormonal Acne - Oilier Face, But No Breakouts?

hormonal ortho

1 reply to this topic

#1 dyano

dyano

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand this. I took BCP for hormonal acne. I had a lot on my jawline and neck, but the rest of my face wasn't really affected by it. My chest and back wasn't doing so well. I took ortho tri cyclin and it cleared up the acne on the jaw/neck completely; my chest and back wasn't breaking out as much. It helped with the oiliness at first, but then it completely came back and it actually worsened. I stopped taking BCP's about a month ago and my face doesn't feel as oily anymore, but the acne came back with a vengeance. My neck and jaw is breaking out a lot, but now the rest of my face is starting to break out a bit. It's also worsening on my chest and back. If acne is caused by overactive sebaceous glands, why did this occur? I also notice that I'm a lot itchier. Could it be related to allergies? Did BCP's suppress an overactive immune system? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Edited by dyano, 02 January 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Which BCP did you use? Every type of BCP is completely different in its hormonal makeup.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users