No replies to this topic

#1 frogslegs

frogslegs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hello all!

It's been a while since I posted here. I did a few months of Accutane which helped clear up my acne very well, but unfortunately I stopped getting my bloodwork done because i kept postponing it and have since began getting acne again.

That is not my main issue, however.

I have posted in the past about my red marks (I believe they are red marks anyway..?), but I have yet to try an acid peel. I have decided that I would like to get one done ASAP after trying many different products (topical, over the counter, prescription, bought online, you name it..) with unfortunately, no luck.

I have found a spa in my area that does an alternate plant facial peel which apparently gives the same benefits without the associated redness of an actual chemical peel. I will post the description of it near the end. I figure that this would be a really good alternative to an actual chemical peel because it will be less harsh on my skin (I have never gotten a facial peel before and, though my skin isn't that sensitive, I still feel it might be a better option for a first-time-chemical-peel).

Now, even if there isn't as much redness associated with this kind of peel, I'm assuming there still might be something that I'm going to want to cover afterwards. My question is about BB creams. I have never used one before and I don't want to buy anything expensive, but I was thinking of trying a Garnier one (have been considering buying one but haven't yet). Has anyone tried using a BB cream (in this case a cheaper one) post facial-peel? How long after can you use it? Does it help cover well? I currently wear Revlon Colourstay liquid foundation because I can get full coverage from that, which is what covers the red marks.

Here is the "Plant Perfecting Facial Peel" description I was talking about:

This treatment uses potent ingredients that are plant based for maximum exfoliation and skin rejuvenation. A natural alternative to chemical approach giving your skin the radiance benefits of a 30% glycolic peel without the associated redness and irritation. For all skin types.

My only concern is that it focuses more on skin radiance and rejuvenation rather than getting rid of red marks.. although I'm sure it would do both?

Edited by frogslegs, 01 January 2013 - 09:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users