oily skin

4 replies to this topic

#1 zoomfire

zoomfire

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I have oily skin and i am following a regimen on store supplies.I am using benzoyl peroxide gel and my skin is getting dry.
now i am confused in choosing moisturizer .as my skin is getting dry , should i get the moisturizer named for dry to normal skin or the moisturizer normal to oily skin ?

#2 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Don't base what you buy from what they say on the bottle, first, I reccomend having a look at what other people have said about using products in the reviews section found here!
Also, if you want to be precise, have a look at what ingredients to aviod in products found on store shelvs here!

From what you wrote it sounds like your not using a moisturizer, weather you are or arn't, look for products advertised for acne prone skin, a lot of products are for people looking to improve the appearence of their skin, which don't take into account the needs of people with acne prone skin!
Looking for 'for acne prone skin', 'for sensetive skin' stuff like that.
Also, make sure you avioid products with salicylic acid, for some reason when I was looking in boots here in England, a lot of products had it in, and they didn't even say they contained in on the front of the tube! Even though it's an active ingredient. It doesn't go to well with the BP...

Best of luck!
Kyle

New Regimen!

Morning: 2 pumps Dan's cleanser in the shower, and "Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care" to moisturize, works to get me through the day without dry skin, but doesn't show, it's like there's nothing on my face, it's matt and doesn't shine.

///

Night: 2/3 pumps Dan's cleaner in the shower, using the cleanser to shave with a 2 blade generic razor, end segment finger's worth of Dan's BP, 2 pumps Dan's moisturizer with 6 drops generic, organic jojoba oil.

Sometimes just Dan's AHA+, or the usual application of Dan's BP with AHA+ on top if I'm feeling hardcore.

///

1 generic multivitamin, 30mg Zinc if the multivitamin doesn't contain it, 1/2 odorless garlic capsules, 2/3 EyeQ capsules (omega 3, 6, evening primrose oil,)

Have been on lots of different prescriptions, most successful was oxytetracycline.

New regimen!

Dove summer glow morning

AHA+ (acne.org) night!

Awaiting 20% salicylic acid gel in post for chin and nose.

Acne isn't returning after almost 2 years on the regimen

Looking for treatments for oily skin however, I have that really bad

#3 Whitney202

Whitney202

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

CeraVe pm moisturizer is the BEST moisturizer I have ever used on my sensitive acne prone skin. It doesn't clog pores, not heavy, doesn't cause acne, continues to moisturizer throughout the night or day. You don't have to just use it at night, it would be best to use the CeraVe am moisturizer since it has SPF in it.

CeraVe pm moisturizer is the BEST moisturizer I have ever used on my sensitive acne prone skin. It doesn't clog pores, not heavy, doesn't cause acne, continues to moisturizer throughout the night or day. You don't have to just use it at night, it would be best to use the CeraVe am moisturizer since it has SPF in it.

#4 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

The Cetaphil lotion works great for me! No breakouts from that one. I only use it at night though because it can get your face to look shiny. I don't mind so much since I'm just going to sleep. Also, you can get it in a pretty big bottles so it comes out cheap.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#5 ambercarrart

ambercarrart

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:art, traveling, collecting old crap.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

Cerave moisturizing lotion. I have the world's most sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and it doesn't bother me at all. It comes in a big bottle with a pump. I swear by the stuff. It's worth a shot! If it doesn't agree with your face, you can use it on your body :)

Skin type: Oily, sensitive, acne-prone

Skin color: fair

Acne type: adult, hormonal, cystic

Morning Routine:

Cerave foaming facial cleanser for normal to oily skin

acne.org 2.5% BP treatment

Cerave moisturizing lotion (big bottle with pump)

Evening Routine:

Cerave foaming facial cleanser for normal to oily skin

acne.org 2.5% BP treatment

Cerave moisturizing lotion (big bottle with pump)

Supplements: 

Fish oil 3X

Diet:

green juices/smoothies for breakfast everyday

Dairy free and sugar free

I don't have to wear make-up anymore.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users