4 replies to this topic

#1 Baseketball4

Baseketball4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hi,

I recently posted a 3 or 4 posts that I would like to delete. How would I go about doing that?

#2 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Members can't delete posts. If you send me a message with the links to the posts, I'll delete them for you (provided that no one has replied to them yet). You can copy the link by right-clicking on the number that's on the top right of the post and copying the link address.

#3 londoncat8

londoncat8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:theatre, costume design, dancing, painting, yoga

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

OK, that is interesting. In the case when I no longer have control to delete my own posts I'd rather delete all of them. SO, how do I go about it? Do I copy all my messages to you and you then delete them? That would be a lot but I'd rather do it.

#4 doodleme123

doodleme123

Test Subject

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Or just edit each and every post to say ''...'' or something that doesn't mean anything.

#5 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

^ Exactly. Or think before you post something.

To delete your posts: Members do not have the ability to delete their posts; however, you are welcome to use the 'Edit' feature to edit the text out of your posts.

Discussions aren't the sole property of the people who start them. If you were able to delete a thread you started, you would wipe out input from other people who replied. Other people might find what you or they said to be helpful and want to keep that around for reference. This message board wouldn't be nearly as useful if people just deleted threads they made when they were done with them or embarrassed or whatever, since you couldn't see that information anymore.

If you want a thread deleted, click on the "report" button on the bottom left of the top post in the thread. Fill out the form and please be clear why you want the thread deleted or moved or what have you. The moderators will make the judgment call on that.

That pertains to posts as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users