Photo

Hydroquinone

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:17 PM

I recently purchased a fading cream at walgreens that contains hydroquinone 2%. Before using it I just want to make sure that it wont make things worse on my red marks. I heard if you use too much it can make your face bright red? Please help.

#2 tazorac

tazorac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:50 PM

i use palmers skin success fade cream also 2% hydroquinone..and its does wonders for my skin....ive heard bad things about hydroquinone but known of those cases were american cases..i think in those other countries they have steriod cream in the cream

#3 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:13 PM

I've been using THIS product lately and I really like it. It contains 2% hydroquinone and salicylic acid. It seems that whenever I use a hydroquinone product that contains glycolic or retinol, my skin gets irritated. This stuff doesn't irritate my face at all.

#4 some

some

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:35 AM

well,

my doctor told my twice while using a Hydroquinone and Retin A cream - to put a tiny tiny amount. he emphasis that, and said- if my face gets red - than i'm putting too much.

also be sure to wear a very good sunscreen.

and the common recommendation says not to use Hydroquinone for long periods of time.

#5 Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:42 PM

I couldn't find the palmer's cream so I bought a brand called Porcelana fading cream which I guess is the exact same thing. The first day I used a crap load and two days later my face is incredibly red cry.gif .

So only use small amounts for short periods of time?

#6 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2004 - 02:53 PM

Hi, you should read the directions.

#7 Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(cameron12 @ Oct 8 2004, 11:42 AM)
I couldn't find the palmer's cream so I bought a brand called Porcelana fading cream which I guess is the exact same thing.  The first day I used a crap load and two days later my face is incredibly red cry.gif .

So only use small amounts for short periods of time?

View Post

Thats just the thing, the directions don'e really say anything about applying it & the warnings don't say much either. I haven't used it in about 2 days now and the redness is gone.

#8 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:48 AM

Here are the Instructions for the night cream

Smooth a thin layer of Porcelana Nighttime Formula cream on face, arms, and body where discolorations occur.
In the morning follow with daytime formula cream with sunscreen and a protective vitamin-rich complex for daytime defense.

http://www.walgreens...304&id=prod7206

#9 Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(oldguy @ Oct 9 2004, 09:48 AM)
Here are the Instructions for the night cream

Smooth a thin layer of Porcelana Nighttime Formula cream on face, arms, and body where discolorations occur.
In the morning follow with daytime formula cream with sunscreen and a protective vitamin-rich complex for daytime defense.

http://www.walgreens...304&id=prod7206

View Post

Thanks a bunch! surprised.gif

#10 heymikey

heymikey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:49 PM

The only negative effect of using hydroquinone on my face was that the dark marks I used to have are now lighter than my skin. Instead, of having dark marks, I now have light marks -- small marks on my face that are lighter than the rest of the skin. I guess it worked too much.

#11 Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(heymikey @ Oct 9 2004, 01:49 PM)
The only negative effect of using hydroquinone on my face was that the dark marks I used to have are now lighter than my skin.  Instead, of having dark marks, I now have light marks -- small marks on my face that are lighter than the rest of the skin.  I guess it worked too much.

View Post

How long did it take for it to work?

#12 kooky

kooky

Intelligent Posts: 11

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(cameron12 @ Oct 7 2004, 01:17 PM)
I recently purchased a fading cream at walgreens that contains hydroquinone 2%.  Before using it I just want to make sure that it wont make things worse on my red marks.  I heard if you use too much it can make your face bright red?  Please help.

View Post

One of my derms that prescribed it to me mentioned there are possible negative effects of using 4% hydroquinone for a long time. Something about affecting the liver, but I did not verify this through my own research. I stopped using it a long time ago.

#13 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:44 PM

http://www.google.co...ne side effects

Learn how to learn people. smile.gif

#14 agua2004

agua2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:54 PM

Why use hydroquinone when there are other effective alternatives that are very safe like products that contain cojic acid?

#15 Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(agua2004 @ Oct 12 2004, 11:54 AM)
Why use hydroquinone when there are other effective alternatives that are very safe like products that contain cojic acid?

View Post

Do you know of any of these products? How does it work?

#16 agua2004

agua2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(cameron12 @ Oct 12 2004, 11:57 AM)
Do you know of any of these products? How does it work?

View Post

I personally use the extra strength product with kojic acid and other bleaching acids that I bought from skinlightening.com . I've been using it for a few weeks (I apply it only at nights, although it is reccomended to also apply in the morning). It works by blocking melanin production, then in the morning you apply sunblock (just a little bit) and the skin gradually gets an even tone (so far I'd say that I saw improvent between 20-50%). Also, this product seems to last for ages (you only apply a very small, tiny quantity each time) and so it is a very very economical product in the long term. Kojic acid and the other acids of the product are natural and pose no health risks.

#17 Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(agua2004 @ Oct 12 2004, 12:13 PM)
I personally use the extra strength product with kojic acid and other bleaching acids that I bought from skinlightening.com . I've been using it for a few weeks (I apply it only at nights, although it is reccomended to also apply in the morning). It works by blocking melanin production, then in the morning you apply sunblock (just a little bit) and the skin gradually gets an even tone (so far I'd say that I saw improvent between 20-50%). Also, this product seems to last for ages (you only apply a very small, tiny quantity each time) and so it is a very very economical product in the long term. Kojic acid and the other acids of the product are natural and pose no health risks.

View Post

Thanks a bunch, I'm definately going to look into this.

#18 Geheneris HalaSon Mahrvehl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:24 PM

It's been like my fourth day using a hydroquinone product and I'm noticing that the area around the red mark isn't that irritated red looking aura around the mark. But the actual mark isn't really fading or shrinking. Is it too early to tell?

#19 sweetjoy

sweetjoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE(cameron12 @ Oct 12 2004, 01:24 PM)
It's been like my fourth day using a hydroquinone product and I'm noticing that the area around the red mark isn't that irritated red looking aura around the mark.  But the actual mark isn't really fading or shrinking.  Is it too early to tell?

View Post

It can take awhile to work sometimes months just stick with it eusa_dance.gif

#20 Fire

Fire

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:10 AM

I tried some Hydroquinone this summer. I followed the directions to a T and didnt even use that much, I literally placed it on one spot just it try it out. The next day it looked like someone scratched that spot with a razor. The first layer of skin on the spot was non existant. I could possibly be because my skin is sensitive, but my friends have experienced similar reactions, and thier skin is way tougher than mine. However, it appears that some people have had good experiences with the stuff and thats awesome. Just be careful and if it burns, dont use it.