Photo

"Safe" foods

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 MB1983

MB1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:32 PM

Instead of concentrating of foods I should be eating, I've been worrying too much on foods I should be avoiding. So I'm pretty much confused at the moment. I'm pretty sure food has an effect on acne, I maybe wrong but thats my opinion. I found by cutting certain foods out of my diet, my acne slightly improves.

So all I'm asking here is for a definitive list of "safe" foods. I know it maybe different from person to person. But let’s look at the universal foods, the foods that seem to cause an effect on acne.

#2 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:43 PM

use the search function.

there was a thread a while back exactly like yours with a bunch of answers

#3 Dices15

Dices15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:30 PM

Safe foods. I would say anything natural and un- or minamally tampered with. (natural foods)

#4 Cathy

Cathy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(MB1983 @ Oct 7 2004, 07:32 PM)
Instead of concentrating of foods I should be eating, I've been worrying too much on foods I should be avoiding. So I'm pretty much confused at the moment. I'm pretty sure food has an effect on acne, I maybe wrong but thats my opinion. I found by cutting certain foods out of my diet, my acne slightly improves.

So all I'm asking here is for a definitive list of "safe" foods. I know it maybe different from person to person. But let’s look at the universal foods, the foods that seem to cause an effect on acne.

View Post

#5 Cathy

Cathy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:25 PM

I believe that if you are allergic to a particular food it can cause acne. I recently went to an allergist, had blood drawn to be tested for food allergies. I already had suspected that I was allergic to several foods and the blood tests confirmed that. I get terrible acne from any food containing SOY. It turns out most processed foods contain some form of soy ( including my favorite...chocolate!) It didnt matter what product I was putting on my face or what antibiotics I was taking, if I ate anything containing soy, I broke out. So, if your DR says you can't get Zits from food... don't believe it! Ask your DR to blood test you for the top 8 food allergies. It's a good place to start. biggrin.gif

#6 MB1983

MB1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(Cathy @ Oct 7 2004, 10:25 PM)
I believe that if you are allergic to a particular food it can cause acne.  I recently went to an allergist, had blood drawn to be tested for food allergies. I already had suspected that I was allergic to several foods and the blood tests confirmed that. I get terrible acne from any food containing SOY. It turns out most processed foods contain some form of soy ( including my favorite...chocolate!) It didnt matter what  product I was putting on my face or what antibiotics I was taking, if I ate anything containing soy, I broke out.  So, if your DR says you can't get Zits from food... don't believe it! Ask your DR to blood test you for the top 8 food allergies. It's a good place to start. biggrin.gif

View Post

Good advice, next time I'm at the docs I'll bring that up.

A question, are eggs ok?

#7 flim flam

flim flam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:00 PM

The only entirely safe foods are fresh fruit & veg, nuts, seeds and fish...everything else has at least a little bit of risk.

#8 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

actually, fish is a risk. Iodine.

#9 flim flam

flim flam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(teplo @ Oct 13 2004, 07:35 PM)
actually, fish is a risk. Iodine.

Lol okay, fair point - I'd maintain though that the benefits of eating fish (in terms of essential fatty acids etc) outweigh the risk of iodine-related outbreaks.