Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Safe" foods

9 posts in this topic

Instead of concentrating of foods I should be eating, I've been worrying too much on foods I should be avoiding. So I'm pretty much confused at the moment. I'm pretty sure food has an effect on acne, I maybe wrong but thats my opinion. I found by cutting certain foods out of my diet, my acne slightly improves.

So all I'm asking here is for a definitive list of "safe" foods. I know it maybe different from person to person. But let’s look at the universal foods, the foods that seem to cause an effect on acne.

use the search function.

there was a thread a while back exactly like yours with a bunch of answers

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Safe foods. I would say anything natural and un- or minamally tampered with. (natural foods)

John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Instead of concentrating of foods I should be eating, I've been worrying too much on foods I should be avoiding. So I'm pretty much confused at the moment. I'm pretty sure food has an effect on acne, I maybe wrong but thats my opinion. I found by cutting certain foods out of my diet, my acne slightly improves.

So all I'm asking here is for a definitive list of "safe" foods. I know it maybe different from person to person. But let’s look at the universal foods, the foods that seem to cause an effect on acne.

I believe that if you are allergic to a particular food it can cause acne. I recently went to an allergist, had blood drawn to be tested for food allergies. I already had suspected that I was allergic to several foods and the blood tests confirmed that. I get terrible acne from any food containing SOY. It turns out most processed foods contain some form of soy ( including my favorite...chocolate!) It didnt matter what product I was putting on my face or what antibiotics I was taking, if I ate anything containing soy, I broke out. So, if your DR says you can't get Zits from food... don't believe it! Ask your DR to blood test you for the top 8 food allergies. It's a good place to start. biggrin.gif

I believe that if you are allergic to a particular food it can cause acne.  I recently went to an allergist, had blood drawn to be tested for food allergies. I already had suspected that I was allergic to several foods and the blood tests confirmed that. I get terrible acne from any food containing SOY. It turns out most processed foods contain some form of soy ( including my favorite...chocolate!) It didnt matter what  product I was putting on my face or what antibiotics I was taking, if I ate anything containing soy, I broke out.  So, if your DR says you can't get Zits from food... don't believe it! Ask your DR to blood test you for the top 8 food allergies. It's a good place to start. biggrin.gif

The only entirely safe foods are fresh fruit & veg, nuts, seeds and fish...everything else has at least a little bit of risk.

actually, fish is a risk. Iodine.