chemical peels peels scars moderate chemical peel tca

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sammiesam17

Sammiesam17

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Okay, so I'm looking into doing an at home chemical peel, because I can't afford to do them at the dermatologist. I've had one done before, and it cost me $80 but my skin didn't even peel, it just felt tighter. Right now I'm on birth control (pills) and antibiotics. Most of my acne is gone, but there are so many scars on the left and right side of my face. So I was wondering if anyone would have any tips for me about what I should buy, or if I shouldn't do it at home. I was looking at amazon and I can get a 20-25% TCA peel for $20-30.

Put pictures of sides of face.

Attached File  20121227_152923.jpg   88.64K   8 downloads
Attached File  20121227_152905.jpg   80.88K   8 downloads

#2 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Zombies!!!!!!!!!,Cooking, selective research, intellectual conversations, comedy, oriental culture/cuisine, anime, Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX etc, manga, films,nature, holistic living, working out, writing short stories/poems, consoles, etc etc.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

10%, always begin at 10%. TCA is extremely potent stuff and if you misuse it, you will burn your skin. Begin at 10% and work your way up (if this isn't your first time, ignore that advice). Your skin WILL peel but the results will be very noticeable. Avoid manually peeling the skin yourself during recovery. I plan to start peels next week myself, and I've done a little research on TCA peels.

Edited by Lee1234, 27 December 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#3 Sammiesam17

Sammiesam17

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

See, I'm sure that I already got a really light chemical peel about 10-12 and it did absolutely nothing to my skin.

#4 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Zombies!!!!!!!!!,Cooking, selective research, intellectual conversations, comedy, oriental culture/cuisine, anime, Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX etc, manga, films,nature, holistic living, working out, writing short stories/poems, consoles, etc etc.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

See, I'm sure that I already got a really light chemical peel about 10-12 and it did absolutely nothing to my skin.

Was it a light TCA peel?. If it was, then you would be fine jumping to 15-18% (from what I've read). If it was a sa peel or something of the like, then you still have to start at the bottom with TCA. If you're unsure, start low and work your way up in time. What's the rush? :)

#5 JWaltersRN

JWaltersRN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I don't know about TCA peel even if you've had one before. That is still only one. I started with salicylic acid, and am still working up to leaving it on long enough. TCA is some seriousness. Virtually NO peel works in one go. It is a process. Any peel that is going to work in just one application is no joke and needs to be done by a professional.
Start with an SA at around 20%, you can't burn yourself badly with SA. SA's don't always "Peel" like a sunburn, but they definitely exfoliate which is the point. After a few you really see the difference in scars and skin texture.
I've now done 3 peels and see an improvement in my scars, plus it dries up actives REALLY fast. They have NO effect on active cysts though.
Please be CAREFUL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users