Photo

I Have Something To Say (Everyone Please Read)

eating disorders health help apology gluten candida

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#41 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

I just want to thank (SARCASM) the person on this forum who tried to tell me that I shouldn't be eating dairy, in the emo forum, none the less. This person knows about what I'm suffering with and still feels the need to push their fucking vegan dogma on me and not even in the nutrition forum?

--edit, maybe I'm overreacting but I got really triggered by this and it set me off on a panic/rage attack. I'm editing my post because I was probably meaner than necessary. But I know I'm not alone in this because you guys already got mad once about this particular person spreading vegan dogma in this thread. I think if a person says that they are trying to recover from disordered eating, and they talk about eating whatever, they should just be supported. Not told that the foods they were proud of trying are "bad." Especially in the emo forum!

Why can't people just leave me alone with diet? :(

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 09 January 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#42 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Relax, dear. I know the guy, he doesn't mean bad. You'll find people giving lousy "advice" all over the place, unfortunately that's not restricted to the nutrition forum. Hey, and you kicked his ass there, I'm sure he got the message ;) If not, shoot me a message and I'll deal with him, alright?

#43 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

Try not to get too upset.

#44 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

No one has any idea what this shit does to me. It's not like I can just go "he's wrong." I think he's right--that's the problem. I think all foods are bad, that i can digest nothing and that everything I eat is killing me. When people talk to me like this, it's just like the voice in my head--but louder. I already have a difficult enough time ignoring that voice as it is.

#45 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Yes, any mental issue is incomprehensible to people who haven't suffered from it, and well, most people you'll encounter (here or anywhere else) have no clue. Another burden for you. But you'll get there, as long as you keep trying to ignore that voice. Don't let people piss you off, they don't know better. And you sure could do without the added stress. Hang in there!

#46 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

No one has any idea what this shit does to me. It's not like I can just go "he's wrong." I think he's right--that's the problem. I think all foods are bad, that i can digest nothing and that everything I eat is killing me. When people talk to me like this, it's just like the voice in my head--but louder. I already have a difficult enough time ignoring that voice as it is.

Maybe it's time you took a break from these forums and hung out with some "normal" people. Go have a stress-free "unhealthy" meal, where nobody is hyper-critical of how "bad" everything is. Turn off your brain for an hour and realize that life can be enjoyed without unnecessary stress. (You can turn it back on when you're done)

Remember that moderation is key, and moderation goes both ways.

Edited by tritonxiv, 09 January 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#47 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I don't really know "normal" people, lol.

But I have been doing those things. Last night we had mexican food and I ate beans for the first time in 6 months! (That was what I was originally coming to share anyway before I got all upset). I also made grass-fed beef and used the leftover grease/fat for the beans. It was so unbelievable awesome there aren't even words.

And nothing bad happened! No stomach ache, no gas problems, no breakouts, nothing. :D

#48 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

But I have been doing those things. Last night we had mexican food and I ate beans for the first time in 6 months! (That was what I was originally coming to share anyway before I got all upset). I also made grass-fed beef and used the leftover grease/fat for the beans. It was so unbelievable awesome there aren't even words.

And nothing bad happened! No stomach ache, no gas problems, no breakouts, nothing. Posted Image

I understand where your thread is coming from, completely. Ever since I started coming to this forum, I've read about certain food types we as acne sufferers are constantly told to avoid. Prior to coming here, I never knew that dairy, sugar, carbs, were considered bad. I mean, according to the diet/nutrition forum, every damn food excluding some fruits and veggies causes us to break out. I personally think it's bull. Maybe some people's acne worsens from that, but if you've never thought that food caused an unpleasant reaction for you, then it probably doesn't. Food is AMAZING and we should all stop trying to label it as horrible for our skin. We all need carbs, dairy, meats, etc to survive. Please don't listen to the voice in your head.

#49 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Oh don't be fooled--they say fruit is bad too. And vegetables. Fruit contains too much sugar. Vegetables contain anti-nutrients.

It can get to a point where there literally is NOTHING at all left to eat. Not even water. Fuck it. FOOD IS GOOD. :D

#50 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Oh don't be fooled--they say fruit is bad too. And vegetables. Fruit contains too much sugar. Vegetables contain anti-nutrients.

It can get to a point where there literally is NOTHING at all left to eat. Not even water. Fuck it. FOOD IS GOOD. Posted Image

Lol, it's SO ridiculous.
That's why, in some ways, coming to this forum too much can be detrimental :/ Honestly, it just makes us obsess more and more about our skin.

#51 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

And nothing bad happened! No stomach ache, no gas problems, no breakouts, nothing. Posted Image

To find peace one has to find balance. :)

#52 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Hey deja, have you ever tried vegan?

XD, sorry had to.. you know Im kidding. People can take things way too seriously though for real.. you shouldn't take anything in life too seriously no one gets out alive anyway. You said we ate last night so thats good that you have a "we" lol, good your not just alone having ample time to go on the internet reading about food. Ya seem very on edge, up and down rollercoaster. If your getting that stressed that stress is doing way more damage then anything else, thoughts are more powerful then any diet, sleeping or whatever regime. Maybe its time to make some changes in your life, go meet some friends who dont make you feel self conscious about your skin, get your mind off all of this, its best for you.

#53 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

It can get to a point where there literally is NOTHING at all left to eat. Not even water. Fuck it. FOOD IS GOOD. Posted Image

You are exaggerating I can only recall one person who believed we shouldn't eat vegetables or any other plant food really, because of the anti-nutrients. And he has not posted here for years. The vast majority of posts/people here are very pro-vegetable.

#54 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

You are exaggerating I can only recall one person who believed we shouldn't eat vegetables or any other plant food really, because of the anti-nutrients. And he has not posted here for years. The vast majority of posts/people here are very pro-vegetable.

I'm not talking about this forum. I'm talking about the information that's out there on the net in general. A lot of it (especially from sites focusing on gut healing) is very anti- fruit and vegetable. Some of the sites suggest that we should only be eating animal foods.

#55 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'm not talking about this forum. I'm talking about the information that's out there on the net in general. A lot of it (especially from sites focusing on gut healing) is very anti- fruit and vegetable. Some of the sites suggest that we should only be eating animal foods.

Oh, the gut healing thing reminded me of another more recent poster who didn't think we should eat many vegetables, but that was because we all had damaged digestive systems and veggies were too hard to digest. Greens were ok. And he was very, very pro fruit.

#56 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Oh, the gut healing thing reminded me of another more recent poster who didn't think we should eat many vegetables, but that was because we all had damaged digestive systems and veggies were too hard to digest. Greens were ok. And he was very, very pro fruit.

I think I know who you're referencing, and he was supposed to create a few how to get clear guides as well that never happened. Seemed to think the burden of proof for his methods fell on the people he was trying to convince as well, haha.

Edited by tim12, 10 January 2013 - 02:52 PM.