ortho

No replies to this topic

#1 JMJ1975

JMJ1975

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hi everyone. I am new to acne.org and this is my first post. I'm in my late 30s and have had acne since I was 12 years old. I did the usual antiobiotic treatments as well as topical stuff in my teens and then started on the Pill when they didn't work. I've had success with Ortho Tri-Cyclen (but not OTC Lo which resulted in my son!) Last year, I was taking Loryna which worked great for my skin. People actually asked me what I was using because my skin was so clear. I didn't have Rx coverage so I couldn't afford to pay $60/month for it anymore. I went off the Pill for 6 months until I got a new job and Rx coverage. I asked my gyn to prescribe Loryna for me again but the pharmacy gave me Gianvi. They said it was the same thing so I started taking it 2 months ago. My skin is breaking out with deep, inflamed cysts. I was used to having acne on my chin an jawline but now I have painful cysts on my forehead too. I know it takes some pills time to work and sometimes there is an initial breakout but this is ridiculous. I am headed to a dermatologist tomorrow to ask if I should stick to Gianvi or switch to Loryna. They active ingredients are the same in both but they are made by different manufacturers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users