2 replies to this topic

#1 savemyskin123

savemyskin123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hi!
Im 15, and up until last year I had mild- moderate acne, but I had managed to get rid of it by eating healthily- cutting out sugary foods, and using zineryt, a prescribed acne treatment. My skin had been mostly clear, apart from the occasional spot, and a few small marks left from spots.

Last week I had a very big pimple that would`t go away! I popped it with a pin and it is pretty much gone, except for a red mark. Posted Image Since then my skin has been breaking out with very small pimples, (mostly around and on my nose). I have been applying zineryt, washing my face twice a day and using toner and moisturizer and not eating sugary foods, yet new little pimples are appearing every day! Most of them are barely noticeable, but i afraid that they will grow. my skin is also getting very itchy, and I dont know what to do! I`m hoping that its just a one off breakout, and my skin will be clear again before I go to school. Do you have any ideas what could be causing this, or what I can do to stop it? Its really worrying me. I hope that my acne isn`t coming back!

Thanks, Abby Posted Image

#2 lookingforhealthyskin

lookingforhealthyskin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Do not pop your acne!! Ever! It will leave marks. Itchy skin..is it irritated? Are you using a new wash?

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Acne doesn't typically itch. This sounds like some sort of hives or allergic reaction.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users