low carb

8 replies to this topic

#1 omgmike4

omgmike4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Diet consists of: No Sugar, No Carbs or Very Little.

Examples of what I eat: Cheese, All Fat Meats, Olive Oil, Eggs, Walnuts ect..

Q: I've been on this diet and I eat around 20g of Carbs a day with like 5g of Sugar. My Acne is basically removed itself and I just get very tiny pimples every now and then. I like the way it has cleared up, but I Cannot sustain this diet.

Cons:
-Less Energy ( I work out at the gym almost every day to build muscle)
-V E R Y expensive
-Tired of eating SAME thing every day.
-Greasy food = Greasy Face?

Pro:
-Less Acne

Q: Also, Every one says go visit the Dermo. I'm 19 and living on a college budget, with a mom who is barely supportive of me ridding acne. How can I possibly just "visit" the dermo. Seriously. People say it like its a free Bee walk in and out, but its so costly.

Q: Will accutane help me and is it worth it? I want to eat carbs again without fear of break outs :(

~Burn all day, last all night.

Accutane:

Month 1: 40mg

Month 2: 60mg

Month 3: 80mg

Month 4: 80mg

Month 5: 80mg

Month 6: 40mg (FINAL MONTH)

Month 7: Chemical Peel to remove redness and any discoloration

Results so far: Acne still coming up, Not huge, but still coming.

#2 omgmike4

omgmike4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

bump

Accutane:

#3 omgmike4

omgmike4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

bump

Accutane:

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Most dermis are useless for acne. And we can't tell you if accutane will fix you or if its worth it. It did nothing for me, so no it wasn't worth it. And if you suffer from any of the side effects, I doubt you'll consider it worth it. Then again, you old visit the accutane forum and look for the threads titled things like "about to start accutane for the third, fourth or fifth time" and ask them.

Just ease up on the diet. Just avoid high GL Meals, drinks and snacks. Eat mostly real, whole nutrient dense foods. And eat more if you are tired or hungry.

Edited by alternativista, 28 December 2012 - 08:25 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#5 Ind1g0

Ind1g0

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Don't succumb to the pressures of Accutane. Drink green tea or antioxidant tea three times daily, and increase your overall consumption of room temperature water as well (cold water impedes digestion). Have a SMALL amount of berries per day, maybe a handfull of blueberries for a midday snack. They are low glycemic but will give you the natural sugar you need to thrive. You need to drastically increase your vegetable consumption: peppers, green beans, spinach, kale, lettuce. And please, for the love of God, stop eating cheese. Cook with coconut oil, not olive oil, because olive oil has a low cook temp and can become harmful if used in the pan. Save olive oil for salads. Sleep more, increase fish intake. I also recommend a very high quality multivitamin and probiotic complex.

#6 MiriamFam

MiriamFam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Not long back on the web, I found a fascinating diet called "absolutely no flour no sugar diet".
This led me into confusion. What is eat, that would not really become any flour or sugar?
Indeed both of these products are just about everywhere.
It turned out not all that difficult. After studying details, I created my no flour no sugar diet food list .

1. Non-Starchy Vegetables and Fruit

Suggestions for foods inside this group include green salad, raw or even steamed carrots, celery stalks, steamed or even sauteed zucchini, strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, blueberries and tomato. The benefit of eating all of these veggies is that they are relatively low in calories from fat, and fill you up - so that you can eat a whole lot without eating way too many calories in one day.

2. Whole Grains, Beans, and Starches

Foods in this category include rice (brown or perhaps wild rice is the greatest), oats, barley, quinoa, corn and potatoes. Understand that you may consist of some polenta in this area, since it is made from corn rather than flour. Popcorn can be an acceptable snack, because it is a whole grain. Food items in the legume household are allowed. Included in these are beans, seeds and peas. Make sure there is no sugar added in the event that you buy canned beans, such as in brown beans with molasses. Dried beans are good because they're low in sodium. Sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, soybeans, almonds, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, peanuts and nut butters are acceptable foods.

3. Meat and Dairy

Fish, poultry, lean pork, lean ground beef, eggs, low-fat yogurt, low-fat milk and low-body fat cheese are all permissible in the dietary plan. Salmon, tuna, lean beef, chicken, turkey, eggs, and dairy such as yogurt and cheese belong to this category. Also shows that seafood, eaten once a week, is a good protein.

4. Fats

It is important not to get rid of all fats from your own diet. Healthful oils include olive oil, sunflower oil, nut oils, avocados and avocado oil and coconut oil. Butter is also acceptable, in moderation.You might make use of these oils for cooking, or drizzle your food with olive oil. Toss your popcorn in butter or coconut oil. Another food high in healthy fats is olives.

Personally, it was very hard to remove sugar and flour from my diet program.
But then slowly I got used to the brand new lifestyle. And certainly after a month I began to get the first outcomes of weight loss.

However, when it was that can compare with sweet, I used sugar substitutes. :)

Maybe someone to share their list of foods to the diet?

#7 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

Try Sweet Potatoes, that stuff will fill you up and it's delicious. They're pretty much the only carbs in my diet and I melt cheese all over them. They give me a different, more instant kind of energy compared to meat but don't have any of the negative effects of carbs because they're anti-inflammatory, and there's not a huge amount really compared to regular potatoes. They're the only carbs that give me energy rather than drain it (although I have been low-carb for a very long time so mileage may vary).

In terms of variety, well I can't help you with that. Just know that there are thousands of herbs, spices and plants in the world and think about all the wonderful natural flavours out there. There's probably a ton you haven't tried :) all the "weird" stuff in the supermarket might surprise you.

Not sure why it's so expensive, meat, eggs and veggies don't add up to much really, and olive oil / butter lasts a long time. I don't eat nuts because they don't digest well, maybe that could be draining your energy and budget?

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

#8 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

Try Sweet Potatoes, that stuff will fill you up and it's delicious. They're pretty much the only carbs in my diet and I melt cheese all over them. They give me a different, more instant kind of energy compared to meat but don't have any of the negative effects of carbs because they're anti-inflammatory, and there's not a huge amount really compared to regular potatoes. They're the only carbs that give me energy rather than drain it (although I have been low-carb for a very long time so mileage may vary).

In terms of variety, well I can't help you with that. Just know that there are thousands of herbs, spices and plants in the world and think about all the wonderful natural flavours out there. There's probably a ton you haven't tried :) all the "weird" stuff in the supermarket might surprise you.

Not sure why it's so expensive, meat, eggs and veggies don't add up to much really, and olive oil / butter lasts a long time. I don't eat nuts because they don't digest well, maybe that could be draining your energy and budget?

Sweet potatoes also contain resistant starch which breaks down into glucose slowly giving you energy for a longer period.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#9 Hawaii4Life

Hawaii4Life

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Lifting, Beach, Life.

Achievements

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

Just wondering are you applying any topical's (washes, creams ex.) along with your diet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users