Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going From Lactic Acid Peel 40% To Tca 12%

16 posts in this topic

HI everybody smile.png

About a year ago I tried a 40% LA peel, but I soon gave up on it because it didn't improve my skin. A few days ago I was reading some reviews and decided to further research chemical peels. I soon saw that the LA peel was quite mild, probably not potent enough to do anything to my skin.

Just today I ordered a TCA peel, in 12%. It took me a while to decide whether to get that or a salicylic 30%, but I went for the TCA.

Is the tca too dangerous or strong for me to try it? I did my LA peel today to "prep" the skin, so that it's ready for the tca next week; I left it on for 5 minutes.

Thanks for any feedback!

*my hyperpigmentation is pretty bad, it's on my chin and forehead. I've had moderately severe cystic acne for some time now and it's just getting better.*

I'm ordering a 10% TCA peel next week and I've done a fair bit of research on it. Apparently it's VERY effective in removing hyperpigmentation as well as resetting skin tone. You'll typically peel for 5-7 days. During, you're not to peel off any skin yourself and you should apply a moisturizer whilst the skin is repairing itself. 12% is perfectly safe for first time use and WILL yield good results after the first peel. You should space each session at least 1 month apart. Finally, from what I understand, aside from time, TCA peels are the only guaranteed method of removing deep hyperpigmentation (I've had mine for 5-6 years btw). Hope that helped.

Thanks so much Lee :) I got it yesterday and I only put it on for 30 seconds. I'm thinking of doing it again today for 2-5 minutes? Should I? I just want to start peeling because I don't really have down time except for this break from school. The bottle said to only do it for 30 sec if it was your first time....I guess I misunderstood, I've done 40% LA peels like I had said. My skin didn't react strangely or anything.

Thanks so much Lee smile.png I got it yesterday and I only put it on for 30 seconds. I'm thinking of doing it again today for 2-5 minutes? Should I? I just want to start peeling because I don't really have down time except for this break from school. The bottle said to only do it for 30 sec if it was your first time....I guess I misunderstood, I've done 40% LA peels like I had said. My skin didn't react strangely or anything.

I believe the professionals leave it on for a minute and then re-apply another layer after, so just to be safe (as damage can be permanent) I'd advise against exceeding a minute (each layer, 2 layers max). Did your skin frost? that indicates that the peel has ventured into the dermis, which is to be expected. After, you should be left with a mild sunburn, followed by peeling for about 7 days after (and this is all at 10%).

Where are you ordering it from and does it deliver to the UK lee?

I'm ordering it from this site here. http://www.medpeel.co.uk/default.asp

thank you so much lee.... are you prepping your skin first with a series of glycolic or lactic acid peels? If so, how many.

Also want to thank you for your comments on BP; stopped using it because of you and others and it definitely has made a difference.

thank you so much lee.... are you prepping your skin first with a series of glycolic or lactic acid peels? If so, how many.

Also want to thank you for your comments on BP; stopped using it because of you and others and it definitely has made a difference.

No worries, I'm glad I could help somewhat :). I'm going to basically wash my face with warm water and then tone with witch hazel for three days prior to the peel (and on the evening as well). In a clinical setting, they often apply Acetone (Nail polisher remover) to strip your skin of oils entirely, but as you can imagine, that's extremely rough on ordinary skin let alone acne-prone skin. Yeah, for skin that's prone to PIH, avoiding BP is a good decision. It has a tendency to extend the life cycle of a typical mark (by 10 fold from what I've experienced).

what will be using during the peeling stages? i keep reading that you need to get neosporin but its not available in the uk...

what will be using during the peeling stages? i keep reading that you need to get neosporin but its not available in the uk...

Just a moisturizer with spf should do the trick. From what I understand, as long as the skin remains moisturized throughout, there shouldn't be a problem.

No, my skin didn't frost the first time. I didn't do it yesterday, I'm going to have to do it tonight if the recuperation time is 7 days. Thanks for all your help.

Well today was the 3rd day and my skin is the same. I think that I just have tough skin/marks. It hasn't peeled or anything...I am guessing I have to leave it on for more time. Each time I've done it, I've been terrified. I think I will just finish off my LA peel (which incited *some* peeling last time I did it) which is somewhat safer.