Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:20 PM
Maybe this was the reason causing my acne all along. I haven't had any new break outs since i've up'd my fiber. My face is clearing, but too early to give a defiante answer. I will keep you updated on how this goes.
STUFF THAT I'VE TRIED IN 3 MONTHS THAT HAS NOT WORKED
1) Bought expensive bath towels
2) Went vegetarian for one month
3) Went vegan for one month
4) Bought multiple single vitamins
5) Bought a multi-vitamin
6) Stopped driking soft drinks
7) Went Gluten-Free for one month
8) Switched to sensetive skin laundry detergent
9) Switched to sensetive skin bath soap
10) Bought sulfate free shampoo
11) Bought toothpaste without sodium lauyral sulfate
12) Changed pillow case to 100% cotton
13) Took accutane w/o a prescription for one month
14) Bought multiple salacitic acid washes
15) Bought multiple benzoly peroxide three step kits plus creams
16) Exercied jogging
17) Drank tons of water
18) Drank apple cider vinegar
Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:47 PM
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:27 AM
Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:27 AM
[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.
Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.
Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!
For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*
When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!
Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:29 PM
Only had 1 white head in the whole time i've up'd my fiber. (4 days)
I should have taken advice from the research I did. All the sources said to slowly ease the fiber into my diet, and dont just introduce a lot of fiber at once.
I've been constapated for a couple of days and very gassy. Keep you posted
Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:16 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users