Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:09 PM
Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:17 AM
Edited by likecake, 25 December 2012 - 04:18 AM.
Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:17 AM
Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:12 AM
1. Natural home remedies are bogus for those suffering from significant acne and the aftermath of acne. Don't waste your time stuffing around in the kitchen. Those that tell you that their "lemon and sugar" recipes etc have improved their scars are likely to have never had scarring in the first place. Also, putting home made products on your skin will likely make your acne worse as it is not sterile and not medical grade.
2. To me you are suffering mostly from post acne marks not scars. Marks are patches/spots of discolouration. I can see on your temple that you might have very superficial rolling scars, do you agree? Where else do you think it looks like you have actual scars (boxcar, ice-pick or rolling)?
Most of these pigmentation problems (the dark marks on your face) fade in time on their own (anywhere from a few months to a few years). If you want to speed the process up you need to look at products that will turn your skin over faster like a vitamin A based product at night and a vitamin C product in the day. I had red marks on my face like you for a very long time. I have no red marks on my face now though. Try not to stress too much. The main priority should be clearing that acne before you can really tackle the other issues.
If you can't wait and want to do something today then I strongly suggest finding a trained doctor/beautician who can perform a "pumpkin peel" on your face. It's not invasive but it will help to clear that acne and speed up the process of those red marks fading. Don't try it at home though, http://dermaquest.co...re/pumpkin-peel
My Skin Care Regime
** Morning **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
3. DermaQuest C3 serum (Vitamin C)
4. DermaQuest Stem Cell 3D Daily Moisturiser (tinted) SPF 15 or
DermaQuest Daily Moisturising Lotion SPF 15 (on weekends)
** Makeup **
1. DermaQuest DermaPerfection Primer
2. Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 15
3. Dermablend Setting Powder
** Night **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Algae Facial Scrub (every second night)
3. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
4. DermaQuest Retexture serum (Vitamin A) (every second night)
5. DermaQuest Skin Rehydrating Serum (every other night)
6. DermaQuest Clarifying Pads (5% salicylic acid) (for my biggest acne prone areas)
7. DermaQuest DermaClear TX (for acne spots)
8. Swisse Ultiboost Hair Skin and Nails (vitamin supplement)
*** Current Treatment Plan ***
2010-2011: 5 x Fraxel Re:Store sessions - maybe 10-15% improvement.
2012-2013: 5 x Dermaroller sessions - at least 70% improvement!
2013: One eDermastamp treatment down, one more to go in Oct!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users