Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Desperate! Breast Acne (With Pictures). What Is This?

breast acne desperate large pores

26 replies to this topic

#21 DeLovely

DeLovely

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Anything outdoorsy, reading, amateur photography, being healthy. Best of all...being a mom! :)

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

@DanaeK: I have the same problem, based on what I read above, only mine presents on my legs. Had for years off and on...always assumed it was a form of comedonal acne. Green Gables says it's a keratin problem, not an acne problem, and the answer is regular exfoliation and 100% lactic acid. Not a cure but will treat the problem. I'm going to try this!!

Acne Survivor! The Acne.Org Regimen brought a 24-year battle with acne into remission (2008). Acne resolved on its own about a year later and no longer need treatment. Been acne-free for 6 years (and counting!) except for the random zit. Still dealing with red marks, combination oily/dry skin, enlarged pores, some minor ice pick scars. Returned to Acne.Org in 2014...my son is beginning the Regimen...here we go again!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

#22 noche

noche

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:49 AM

@DanaeK and DeLovely.....aghh my post was erased ....ok here we go .
I suffer from hypothyroidism and every now and then get these pimple ,hives ,whiteheads on body that come and go , and some just stay like hard plugs .
So yesterday I was at Wal-Mart and remember that my husband has been complaining about itchy legs( he has keratosis pilaris but has never done anything about it,it doesn't bother him) and decided to buy him Amlactin moisturizing body lotion,anyway today after I put on the benzoyl peroxide treatment I decided to put some Amlactin on my face ,the texture was really thick and felt like I had a sticky film on my face ,I was afraid of having a reaction,but I usually react instantly to products.
I kept checking on it,just to make sure.
My husband gets home and wants to go out to dinner I tell him ,ok let me put on make-up to cover the only one pimple on my face,always on weekends ,huh? ,well I applied the maybelline dream liquid mousse and my hands started to feel like grains of something,so I thought,great the peroxide is not compatible with the Amlactin ,so I grabbed the magnifying mirror and check ,it was whiteheads ,wait ,no ,it's not possible,only one application .
I thought,don't tell me all these years,my entire life I have been miserable battling with acne and I have keratosis pilaris ,then it hit me ,my daughter when she was a teenager,she used to complain about pimples on her arm ,and her thighs , the ones on her thighs look like chicken skin ,but the ones on her arms look like the ones her dad has ,so I told her ,great now besides acne,you have what your dad has ,poor thing ,she almost cried,she tear up. I was overwhelmed.
I don't know if its too good to be true, or I'm just getting my hopes up.
That was my experience today .
Best wishes.

#23 DeLovely

DeLovely

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Anything outdoorsy, reading, amateur photography, being healthy. Best of all...being a mom! :)

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

@Noche...Exactly!! It looks like chicken skin...I have patches of chicken skin on my thighs, sometimes on my arms too. It comes and goes...the cold weather seems to aggravate it...sometimes I thought it was a form of winter eczema. I'll try the Amlactin...thanks so much for reporting your experience!!! :)

Acne Survivor! The Acne.Org Regimen brought a 24-year battle with acne into remission (2008). Acne resolved on its own about a year later and no longer need treatment. Been acne-free for 6 years (and counting!) except for the random zit. Still dealing with red marks, combination oily/dry skin, enlarged pores, some minor ice pick scars. Returned to Acne.Org in 2014...my son is beginning the Regimen...here we go again!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

#24 nerdburglar13

nerdburglar13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

I have tried both AmLactin and LacHydrin for my keratosis pilaris, but I switched to acne.org's AHA about 5 years ago and I like it much better. It's not greasy, doesn't have parabens, and it works really well. If you have sensitive skin you'll have to build up your tolerance, but it's well worth it. 

Edited by nerdburglar13, 13 January 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#25 DeLovely

DeLovely

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

@nerdburglar...Oh awesome, I already have AHA+...OK I'll try this first!! :)

#26 noche

noche

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

@nerdburglar13, @DeLovely, yes indeed Amlactin is pretty strong ,don't use on face if face is sensitive,also for overall use ,I would recommend to use it every week ,its pretty drying to sensitive skin ,and my husband can't stand the smell,if you have allergies or asthma ,better stay away .
This is probably best for someone who has really oily skin .
I would probably stick to glycolic acid for exfoliation,bha is really strong too.
Best wishes.

#27 DeLovely

DeLovely

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

Just to update: I've been exfoliating the skin on my legs with a washcloth when I shower...my legs are so much smoother!! I only tried the AHA+ once on each leg...the areas where I applied the AHA+ are noticeably smoother than the areas where I didn't apply it, so it really does work for this skin problem (keratosis pilaris). I think I'll try using the AHA+ all over my legs once or twice a week, but will quit by the end of March in order to give my skin ample recovery time and avoid sunburned legs in the spring! I may even switch to a loofah sponge for manual exfoliation.

Good suggestions! :)

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users