Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Desperate! Breast Acne (With Pictures). What Is This?

breast acne desperate large pores

18 replies to this topic

#1 blackblackcat

blackblackcat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

hi everyone

i havent posted about this before but i'm desperate now and need some help. i've been to several doctors and they all tell me "you cant do anything about it, it's the way your skin is, etc." i feel like i'm being dupped each time.

ive had this problem for several years now, im nearing 30 and still have it. it's extremely embarrassing and has ruined my life. i have this problem on my breasts and arms - i don't know if it's acne or what. nothing helps and i cant help but picking it. my pores have gotten huge as you can see in the picture and everytime i squeeze them, something like a whitehead/pimple comes out.

i have hypothyroidism but i take medication for it and it's in the normal range. i don't know what could be causing this! i've been tested for pcos and it's come out negative. i have a little elevated testoerone levels but nothing serious. my skin is dry, prone to acne and i have bad texture nearly everywhere (tiny bumps on back of thighs, darker knees and elbows, etc).

i'm desperate, does anyone know what this is? what can i do about it? is it directly linked to diet/lifestyle? i don't smoke nor drink or do drugs. i do have a intake of sugar but my blood is normal. sorry for the gross, graphic pictures. i'm quite embarrassed but i need help :*(

breast1.jpg breast2.jpg breast2.jpg breast3.jpg

(PS the pictures came out light, the acne and scars are much more noticable in person. the pores are fairly clean here but they fill up daily with gunk no matter how hard i scrub or slather creams or whatever. ive tried: TEA TREE OIL, CARBOLIC SOAP, SULPHUR SOAP, ACNE WASHES AND CREAMS, COCONUT OIL and my doctor did not want to put me on antibiotics because he is convinced it's not acne just the way my skin is genetically.)

Edited by blackblackcat, 22 December 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

This isn't acne, this is a keratin problem. Google keratosis pilaris. There are other keratin dysfunctions, but that's a good starting point.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 blackblackcat

blackblackcat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

thank you for your reply. is there any treatments for the problem?

#4 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

hi everyone

i havent posted about this before but i'm desperate now and need some help. i've been to several doctors and they all tell me "you cant do anything about it, it's the way your skin is, etc." i feel like i'm being dupped each time.

ive had this problem for several years now, im nearing 30 and still have it. it's extremely embarrassing and has ruined my life. i have this problem on my breasts and arms - i don't know if it's acne or what. nothing helps and i cant help but picking it. my pores have gotten huge as you can see in the picture and everytime i squeeze them, something like a whitehead/pimple comes out.

i have hypothyroidism but i take medication for it and it's in the normal range. i don't know what could be causing this! i've been tested for pcos and it's come out negative. i have a little elevated testoerone levels but nothing serious. my skin is dry, prone to acne and i have bad texture nearly everywhere (tiny bumps on back of thighs, darker knees and elbows, etc).

i'm desperate, does anyone know what this is? what can i do about it? is it directly linked to diet/lifestyle? i don't smoke nor drink or do drugs. i do have a intake of sugar but my blood is normal. sorry for the gross, graphic pictures. i'm quite embarrassed but i need help :*(

breast1.jpg breast2.jpg breast2.jpg breast3.jpg

(PS the pictures came out light, the acne and scars are much more noticable in person. the pores are fairly clean here but they fill up daily with gunk no matter how hard i scrub or slather creams or whatever. ive tried: TEA TREE OIL, CARBOLIC SOAP, SULPHUR SOAP, ACNE WASHES AND CREAMS, COCONUT OIL and my doctor did not want to put me on antibiotics because he is convinced it's not acne just the way my skin is genetically.)

Same thing as I have on my shoulders and back. It's probably a combination of the hair color and how it lays, large pores, and a bit of keratosis pilaris. The way you can reduce that is 10% glyolic acid or AmLactin body lotion.

#5 blackblackcat

blackblackcat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Same thing as I have on my shoulders and back. It's probably a combination of the hair color and how it lays, large pores, and a bit of keratosis pilaris. The way you can reduce that is 10% glyolic acid or AmLactin body lotion.

thats unfortunate :*( im googling KP now and it doesnt have any cure. if you guys think it's KP, why do they form pimples and when I squeeze on a pore, whiteheads come out? from what i read, KP is acne like bumps but they dont actually produce any acne. am i wrong here or just have the unfortunate luck of KP AND acne together?

#6 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, playing video games and bird watching.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

thats unfortunate :*( im googling KP now and it doesnt have any cure. if you guys think it's KP, why do they form pimples and when I squeeze on a pore, whiteheads come out? from what i read, KP is acne like bumps but they dont actually produce any acne. am i wrong here or just have the unfortunate luck of KP AND acne together?

The condition doesn't bother me at all; it's only noticeable up close. My back acne concerns me more than anything.

KP is a hyperkeratinization disorder, meaning there's an excess buildup and/or formation of keratin (it's not known for sure if one, the other or both happens) in the follicle, which is why a "whitehead" will come out if you extract it. It can be inflammatory if the hairs are stuck in the plug, but that doesn't always happen. KP is only similar to acne because of keratin build up -- acne is also caused by excess sebum and P. acnes bacteria.

There isn't a cure for KP (like with many other diseases), but it can be managed. For stubborn cases, a dermatologist may prescribe a stronger lactic acid lotion or retinoids

Edited by Michelle Reece, 23 December 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#7 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

wouldn't accutane normalize keratin production?

#8 Penguin88

Penguin88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hey, wow I am surprised to see this because I have the same problem. I have enlarged, visibly clogged pores on my breasts as well. And like you, I pick also (but I also have dermatillomania) which only makes the condition worse! I know it is embarassing. I don't think it is kp, if yours is like mine. When I squeeze mine a wet white substance comes out, seems thinner in consistency than regular pus and there aren't any signs of infections. I attributed mine to oily/congested skin... it can't be kp because it's not like when I squeeze them keratin comes out (keratin is a hard substance lol). I am not bothering with treating mine at the moment because my picking has been so bad there is some scabbing and infection going on... but I have a plan if I can keep my hands off for a week or so. Personally I wouldn't put amlactin or any lotion anywhere near this skin, congested pores don't need thick emollient lotions rubbed into them in my mind. I am focusing on exfoliating in an emollient-free way, I have a great cleanser by murad that combines AHA (glycolic and lactic acid) with BHA (salicylic acid) and I use a soft face cleansing brush when I apply it. It works great for my face, shrinks down pores and clears them out. I am hoping that I can gradually shrink down these big, clogged pores on my breasts with this method.

#9 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

It seems like a whitehead, but it's actually keratin, not pus.

You're right, there isn't a cure, but you can clear most of it up with very regular exfoliation + lactic acid (AmLactin lotion). One of the AmLactins is about 10% lactic acid...you want that or higher. You can get prescription lactic lotion that's higher.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#10 Chrysta

Chrysta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I don't think that it is KP, at least on your breasts, possibly on your arms though. I have had KP on my upper arms and a few other places since I was a kid, and that is not at all what your pictures look like. I also have acne on my breasts. I have large breasts, facial acne, oily skin and I suffer from frequent severe nightsweats. All that combined leaves blackheads all over my breasts. I try not to squeeze them too often, but I hate how it looks and feels and I end up doing it anyway. I haven't tried to find a way to fix it because I haven't had success in fixing my acne or other health problems with going to doctors for five years and I don't think they can help me.

I suppose the best way to deal with it is to exfoliate, use something like Stridex pads, and keep them dry and clean of sweat. I myself use Summer's Eve powder under my breasts to keep them dry, but I don't know if that helps to clog the pores.

My experience with doctors is if they tell you something can't be fixed, or won't listen, or won't really try and help you... it's time for a new doctor.

Good luck.

#11 littlemehere

littlemehere

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

whats up with men,you have had 1,350 views in under an hour,

it's a world record eusa_wall.gif

#12 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

How did you work that out?

This thread was started over a month ago.

My Gallery photos - Clear in 8 weeks:-
http://www.acne.org/...my-spotsworked/

#13 armadillo

armadillo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

How did you work that out?

This thread was started over a month ago.

When you view threads, in the middle section, it will tell you the number of views and number of followers.

I guess men who have viewed this thread for the sole purpose of seeing some breasts must be disappointed though, as these pictures are very modest. tongue.png

I think the poster has keratosis pilaris.

Finished Tetralysal on 12/04/13

Quinoderm 10 once a week

Gedarel 30/150 as current treatment.

#14 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

When you view threads, in the middle section, it will tell you the number of views and number of followers.

I guess men who have viewed this thread for the sole purpose of seeing some breasts must be disappointed though, as these pictures are very modest. tongue.png

The point I was making was that the views have been spread over a month, not an hour. Why does littlemehere think that it's had 1350 views in under an hour?

...and how does she know they were all men?

My Gallery photos - Clear in 8 weeks:-
http://www.acne.org/...my-spotsworked/

#15 BandsAreLife

BandsAreLife

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Ohmigod I have the exact same problem! My chest looks just like your pictures and it's so embarrassing! I'm only 16 and really self conscious ao in doesn't help at all to have this problem.

#16 jlcampi

jlcampi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

hi everyone

attachicon.gifbreast1.jpgattachicon.gifbreast2.jpgattachicon.gifbreast2.jpgattachicon.gifbreast3.jpg

It might be a cortisol deficit. Are your knuckles, and deeper wrinkles in your palms, behind your knees and elbows also darker?

#17 qtqt123

qtqt123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

dear anyone with this problem!

buy a clarisonic brush and use it twice a day 
mine was worst than this and it hasn't gone away yet but I've seen drastic improvements and I've been using it for two weeks.

i have this brush:

http://www.clarisoni...clarisonic-plus

goodluck! - my breasts are smoother and look much better!

#18 Torquemonster

Torquemonster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Motorcycling
    Golf
    Guitar Playing
    Walking/Hiking
    Bicycling

Achievements

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

I guess men who have viewed this thread for the sole purpose of seeing some breasts must be disappointed though, as these pictures are very modest. :P

The point I was making was that the views have been spread over a month, not an hour. Why does littlemehere think that it's had 1350 views in under an hour?

...and how does she know they were all men?
Who else could it be........all men are evil, right? Especially white christian men, they are the most evil of all and responsible for everything bad on the planet.

#19 link82

link82

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

Old discussion... But still hoping to help at least one person.

Answer- the blackheads are obvious. In order to reduce or eliminate blackhead's, wear different clothing.
Because of the location of the blackheads, on or near the breast area, there's a good chance you're wearing dark shirts, blouse's, and/or a dark colored bra.

As a person perspires, the dye used to color clothing rubs off of the material onto your skin. The dye builds up and fills the crevices of your skin (pours). That's why when we do laundry, we wash all the same colors together. If we mix white socks with black jeans, the white socks turn a light black color. Clothing never stops losing its color. Thus, the dye rubs onto your skin when we perspire.

Try wearing a light colored or plain white bra, cotton is always best. Also, at least for a little while, wear lighter colored shirts & blouses.
As I'm sure you've already done, when you shower, make sure to soap up a washcloth and massage the affected area.
If possible, buy a back scrubber & wash the affected area in a circular motion to get the brush bristles to work out the dye & dirt from inside the blackheads.

As for the acne or bumps on & around your chest area...
... the bumps are Not acne but they're infected hair follicles. If you squeeze one, and the white puss come out, look closely
and you'll see a tiny hair pop out too.

Speaking from experience, shave your breast area. I know there isn't usually a huge amount of hair in that area to begin with but by shaving what is there, you eliminate your hair from rubbing on your clothing.
As you move around & your shirts, blouses and bra's rub your skin it irritates the hair & the hair follicle becomes infected.

As a natural bodily reaction, the pours over react & fill with fluid to protect the follicle. Men get the infected hair follicles all the time. Because most men have hair on their legs, when they walk, the denim rubs on their legs & irritates the hair. Their body thinks its an intruder and builds up fluid to protect it.

I hope this helps.... ;-)

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users