Photo

The All New Acne.org

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#21 real maverick

real maverick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

I've added an icon for notifications, new messages and new content. Let me know if you have any issues with them.

Thanks guys :)

#22 overfl00d

overfl00d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I've added an icon for notifications, new messages and new content. Let me know if you have any issues with them.

Thanks guys Posted Image

New Content seems to be broken. Only shows one post.

#23 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

The notification icon only seems to show up when you read a thread. It doesn't show up when you are on the, I suppose you'd call it the page where you see the overview of all the forums. Or the main page of the message boards.

Edited by Lapis lazuli, 21 December 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#24 mdp703

mdp703

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thanks. On the top left I had an icon that expanded everything.
The safari browser was just shutting down on me...it usually happened while a page was loading. It hasn't happened for a bit, so it could have just been random. Not sure. I will let you know if it continues.

#25 real maverick

real maverick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

The notification icon only seems to show up when you read a thread. It doesn't show up when you are on the, I suppose you'd call it the page where you see the overview of all the forums. Or the main page of the message boards.

The new content hasn't changed. It's the same code as usual. I get a ton when I click it. Maybe there is only 1 new post since you last checked?

#26 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

The new content hasn't changed. It's the same code as usual. I get a ton when I click it. Maybe there is only 1 new post since you last checked?

Well how I meant it was that earlier when I went to this site, I saw if I had notifications right away and now I first have to click on my username in the top right and then go to content. But that's Ok. It's just one click more plus there's also e-mail notifications.

Edited by Lapis lazuli, 21 December 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#27 Nyla

Nyla

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

i have no problems with the new format and everything, but i'm logged in and it says 'signup' instead of showing my username like it usually does. i've tried refreshing multiple times but nothing. i'm able to reply to posts and make new topics just fine, it's just bugging me.

#28 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

It's just one click more plus there's also e-mail notifications.

Make that two clicks more. ;)

i have no problems with the new format and everything, but i'm logged in and it says 'signup' instead of showing my username like it usually does. i've tried refreshing multiple times but nothing. i'm able to reply to posts and make new topics just fine, it's just bugging me.

I don't have that issue on my end.

Posted Image

#29 Nyla

Nyla

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

yeah idk.

Attached Thumbnails

• acne.png

#30 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I saw the signup icon too just now when I clicked on a thread I had favorited in Internet explorer! But then when I left that thread and went to the main page...I saw my username again. :think: Odd.

#31 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Notifications will be back ASAP! I too am missing them.

Awesome

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

#32 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for that but when i get the extra options after clicking sign up, if i try clicking sign in the drop down window just disapears and nothing happens
may just be my phone though

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#33 TaylorC

TaylorC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

i'm having problems with my notifications, i have 4 of them, but when i click onto notifications, it doesn't do anything, I'm unable to see them..

#34 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

i'm having problems with my notifications, i have 4 of them, but when i click onto notifications, it doesn't do anything, I'm unable to see them..

I don't have that issue on my end. =]

Posted Image

#35 AcneIsACurse

AcneIsACurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

I have an issue, when I sign in and go on the message boards it looks like this:

Posted Image

This is how it looks like after scrolling down, it looks like the old message board.

Posted Image

If I sign out and go on the message boards it goes back to the new forum layout, this problem only happens when I sign in. This problem is only on the message boards, the other pages work fine.

Other than that great design!

Edited by AcneIsACurse, 23 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.

18 years old, acne sufferer for 5 years, both of my parents had acne into their 20s, many of my family members had acne, but not nearly as bad as mine.

My acne.org regimen log

What I currently use:
Cleanser: Basis Sensitive Skin Bar
Treatment: Acne.org 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
Sunscreen (only during the day): Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 Sunblock

#36 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

yeah idk.

I'm having the same issue, but only the first time I enter the message boards. As soon as I press F5 or enter a forum, it's gone.

I have an issue, when I sign in and go on the message boards it looks like this:

Have you tried to manually change the theme (at the bottom of the page) to v3? I know I had to, it looked exactly like the screenshots you've posted.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#37 dwausa

dwausa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Posted Image

This is how it looks like after scrolling down, it looks like the old message board.

Posted Image

If I sign out and go on the message boards it goes back to the new forum layout, this problem only happens when I sign in. This problem is only on the message boards, the other pages work fine.

Other than that great design!

if your using Adblock or any other adblocking plugin you need to add acne.org to the whitelist.

#38 real maverick

real maverick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

I've reset everybodies skin. So it should auto fix the issue of the wrong skin.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

#39 overfl00d

overfl00d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

The "New content" and "Notification" buttons aren't visible while on the main page of the message boards. It's only visible on a sub-section.

#40 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

The "New content" and "Notification" buttons aren't visible while on the main page of the message boards. It's only visible on a sub-section.

This. I really hope this can get fixed

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally