Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Day On Accutane!

5 posts in this topic

I am in my 20's and have had severe acne since I was about 19 years old. Today is my first day taking claravis 40mg. I know it's going to be quite a journey, but I am super excited about the results to come!! I will post pictures in my gallery at least every week!

Wish me luck!! :)

Hello,

I started accutane 30 mg nearly two weeks ago. I'm still nervous about the intial breakout, however it seems that every day I get a little pimple....so I'm wondering when my face is going to clear? How severe was your acne? I had only a few pimples so I was surprised that the doctor put me on accutane, however I decided to give it a go! good luck

Hello,

I started accutane 30 mg nearly two weeks ago. I'm still nervous about the intial breakout, however it seems that every day I get a little pimple....so I'm wondering when my face is going to clear? How severe was your acne? I had only a few pimples so I was surprised that the doctor put me on accutane, however I decided to give it a go! good luck

Hello! its nice to hear from someone! My acne wasn’t that bad , however I have been always obsessed about my skin- when I went to the doctor I had maybe 5-6 active spots and a little bit of redness, however since I have been struggling with random breakouts all my life, the doctor decided to end my pain :) Within the first 5 days my skin really improved and everyone was complementing me, however after nearly two weeks I have got more spots than before which really put me down :( I hope what I’m experiencing is the famous initial breakout, however you never know. On a positive note, my skin is not oily anymore. I don’t experience any side effects expect dry and itchy skin and of course very dry lips . In two weeks time Im seeing my dermatologist again and I hope she will increase my daily doses. My advice whatever happens do not to touch new spots…I did and I regret it :)…your skin will get extremely sensitive so you may end up scarring your skin…let me know how you are getting on! I wish you all the best!!