Photo

Zinc And Vitamin B6

zinc vitamin b6 oily skin vitamin vitamins vitamin b magnesium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 IWFYWLF

IWFYWLF

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hi this is my first time posting on this site (i go on it a lot but never post) and i wanted to ask something about zinc and vitamin B6. i understand that B6 helps absorption of zinc but from the information I've gathered Vitamin B6 it really bad for acne. i'm planing on taking blackmores bio zinc. it has 25 mg of zinc ( i'll take 50 mg, one in the morning and one at night), 25 mg of magnesium, 2 mg of manganese, 2500 IU and 50 mg of vit B6. n ow im taking 2 a day so that makes 100 mg of B6. should i still take it even though it has that much B6? if you take/have taken zinc can you tell me how much B6 is in it and if it did anything bad to you. also are the effect of zinc permanent or will my oily skin come back once i stop using it.

*Additional information

i am a 14 year old boy and i'm not really taking it for any pimples. im taking it for my SUPER oily skin which started around 6 months ago (so its probably hormonal) and I've tried a lot to control it but no luck. i only have like one white head and a ton of blackhead all over my face (though they're not really noticeable) and some wired tiny little pimples on my cheeks and neck (also not really noticeable).

thanks for your reply.

Edited by IWFYWLF, 17 December 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#2 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

i am very interested in this as well. i am currently taking a zinc pill with 1200% of vitamin b and i also read that b6 is bad for acne.

#3 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hmmm, I've never seen b6 is bad for acne, just the opposite actually, but they say it's good for females Pms acne because of ow it affects hormones in women. I see you're both men so idk what to say... I only look at female acne issues, but they're usually the same.

Edited by LoveGreenSmoothies, 17 December 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#4 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hmmm, I've never seen b6 is bad for acne, just the opposite actually, but they say it's good for females Pms acne because of ow it affects hormones in women. I see you're both men so idk what to say... I only look at female acne issues, but they're usually the same.

right here: http://www.ncbi.nlm....v/pubmed/130553
Deterioration of acne vulgaris or eruption of an acneiform exanthema could be established during treatment with vitamin B6 and/or vitamin B12 in 14 patients. Females were by far the more frequently affected. The appearance of skin symptoms, even outside the age groups typically affected by acne vulgaris is characteristic. The clinical appearance of acneiform exanthema occurring during treatment with vitamin B6 or B12 consists of loosely disseminated small papules or papulopustules on the face (especially on the forehead and chin), on the upper parts of the back and chest and spreading to the upper arm. The pathogensis of the change is not yet certain. The acneiform rash generally fades within a short time after vitamin B6 or vitamin B12 treatment has been stopped

interesting now that i think about it i started getting some acne on my neck that i have never had before since i started that pill.

#5 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

I've seen the opposite, lol. It has been said to help the receptors resist androgens. I'd link but i Can't do so on my iPad. I guess it's inconclusive for acne.

#6 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've seen the opposite, lol. It has been said to help the receptors resist androgens. I'd link but i Can't do so on my iPad. I guess it's inconclusive for acne.

interesting.

#7 IWFYWLF

IWFYWLF

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

are you sure?. i mean all you have to do is type in vitamins that are bad for acne or vitamin B6 and acne into google and there will be tons of things saying that B6 and B12 are really bad for your acne.

Edited by IWFYWLF, 18 December 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#8 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Yes I'm sure. I've seen it in many vitamin books. It also came up right away in a google search.

#9 IWFYWLF

IWFYWLF

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

I did find something that said vitamin B6 can help with acne but that's in a much lower does then 100mg. It's around 10mg or something (don't take my word for the amount you should take)

#10 Cyberpile

Cyberpile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Where have you heard that zinc helps with oily skin? I thought it only helped inflammatory acne because it reduces inflammation.

Edited by Promoteo, 19 December 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#11 lila1234

lila1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

it depends on the dosage and if you're a male or female. I found this on the net:
http://www.facingacn...-treating-acne/

#12 IWFYWLF

IWFYWLF

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Where have you heard that zinc helps with oily skin? I thought it only helped inflammatory acne because it reduces inflammation.

all kinds of places even some people who reviewed zinc on acne.org said it reduced there oily skin by a lot

it depends on the dosage and if you're a male or female. I found this on the net:

hmm i guess this kinda answers my question but not really. thank you for posting it anyway it's still pretty helpful

#13 lila1234

lila1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

all kinds of places even some people who reviewed zinc on acne.org said it reduced there oily skin by a lot

hmm i guess this kinda answers my question but not really. thank you for posting it anyway it's still pretty helpful

I guess the only way to find out is to try it out. Maybe start with one pill a day and increase to 2 pills after a month if you can't see any improvement.