guppy45

Cortisone Shots Gone Wrong

31 posts in this topic

High risk, high reward. Emma Stone revealed in a interview she used to have really bad acne, even went on tane at one point, and has gotten a lot of cortisone shots. Her skin is gorgeous and has no signs of previous acne.

Okay I decided to reply again to give you my results. I was always frustrated that people didnt follow up on their progress. I was under the name shraddhaji before (lotus flower picture). I am happy to say my cortisone shot dent in my cheek is complexity gone! I had three saline injection and I was so obsessed about it I would squeeze it to get blood into it all day long. It has been 6 months and it is completely gone and it was deep. So yes they can resolve so please stay hopeful and get those saline injections!

I just wanted to post because I now if this is happening to you your freaking out. I had a cortisone shot (I have done them before no problems) for a cystic acne pimple right on my cheek this last year. It dented in and freaked me out. It was medium size but right where everyone could see it.... especially me! I had 4 saline shots. I massage it everyday by squeezing it to get blood to it. I actually made a hickey mark which didn't help. I have to tell you after 3 months it started to go away. 6 months could barely see it. One year now and you can't see it at all. Even if it doesn't go away completely me trust me you can have it filled in. You can have it cut and sewn together. Better to have a scare then a dent. You can have stem cell blood plasma put in it. You can have it filled in!!! Really trust me you can fix it. I am a facalist! Don't let peoples stories scare you. Mine was pretty bad. My friends all saw it. IT DID GO AWAY. Do the saline injects and wait 3 months. I also used TGF cream and this snail cream. If it doesn't look better try filling it it. YOU will be oaky. You wont be deformed or at least the likely hood is so small. Yes it can be bad and some people stories seem so bad but the majority of this goes away. I would stay away from cortisone shots. I wont do them again.

1 person likes this

i want to get a shot for a raised scar but i am scared

i think for the raised scars they usually start out lower to avoid any sort of dent but ask to be sure. you can always go back and get more later on. '

here is an interesting story i found for you to read on here:

1 person likes this

I wanted to update this thread. I had some improvement through non-invasive treatment but I am still dented. Still have a dent(s) that gets even worse when I smile and that area does't look smooth.

I'm going to keep trying to find a solution this year.

Question: Is subcision much different than the effect of the dermapen or dermaroller?

I'm starting to think my dimples are tethered and that perhaps microneedling will help. I'm going to see some doctors to get their opinion on whether my dent is tethered or not.

A friend says I have PTSD from the day it happened and I think he's right. Every time I look in the mirror I'm reminded of it and often relive what happened. It's over two years now and he mangled my face when there was no need to. I didn't even want the treatment. He pushed it.