983 replies to this topic

#61 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Ok guys my hairloss slowed for a couple of weeks but it's now started again so back to normal these supps help but it's minimal atm I'm very interested in the pantothen aswell but I'm too scared to touch b5 when you guys pull your hair in certain places does hair come out I seem to lose about 3 or 4 hairs when doing this and they all have a tiny bulb on the end

Yes I am experiencing the same. Anywhere between 1-5 hair come out if I do pull my hair. White bulbs are on the ends of them too. I am losing more hair on the crown of my head than the sides, but the hairloss is everywhere on my head. I also have dry/itchy scalp and dandruff. 

By the way, Pantothen is just a combination of Vitamin B5 and L-Cartinine into one pill

#62 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

You have the exact same symptoms as me mate losing mainly on my crown too, yeh just researched pantothen and there's no way I'm touching that lol I've just bought some msm so il add them to the rest of the stuff I take not that it will do anything, I read earlier that a guy has been losing his hair for 12 years due to b5 so not much hope atm. The bulb at the bottom of the fallen hairs is the same as what happens when you get telogen effluvium, I read that cortisone shots have helped with te but tbh I'm just looking for anything now before I lose all my hair lol

#63 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Guys go to the doctor and get blood tests.

B5 megadose messes with your adrenals and burns them out.

Cortisol, Testosterone/DHT, Thyroid all need to be checked. 

I think its just way too risky at this point to add anything else to our bodies without any knowledge of what's going to happen. We need professional direction now.

#64 sikosetogam10

sikosetogam10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

I have had the exact same symptoms; hair loss all over but most noticeable on the crown, and most hairs have this bulb attached to it, dry itchy scalp with dandruff, overall dry flaky skin. 

This will continue forever unless i find the cause because after 8 years of this crap there is no way the body will adjust by itself. 
Have been taking l-cysteine and biotin for 1 week now but hasn't done anything yet.  

Im so frustrated by this, i will try to find a solution even if im 70 i want to know why these permanent side effects have occured. 

#65 clarityx

clarityx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

I noticed some patches of hair missing on my face today. I have not seen any posts about anyone losing facial hair but this didn't start until i used b5. I used it for like 2 months and immediately stoped when i notices the hair loss and it has not stoped 2 month after... i am only 20 years old and losing my hair this young is A big deal for me. Am going to start l cysteine and see what that does for me

Edited by clarityx, 15 March 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#66 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Just thought I'd let whoever cares know that I've dropped the B5/L-cysteine thing. I'm even packing up my leftover bottles and returning them, actually. I think it may have helped a bit in the beginning, but overall I'm not looking noticeably better enough to bother keeping up with all the pill-taking, and the cost. I'm pretty sure it only worked at first because of placebo. And as soon as I started doubting the theory, that 'negative placebo'd' my skin into becoming worse. I've been off it for a few days, and the fact that I don't have to think about taking them and carrying several with me for eating out has probably reduced my stress enough to make my skin better than the B5 ever did. All I'm going to take from now on is an anti-histamine for allergies. It's freeing.

#67 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Come on guys we gotta fine a cure for this hairloss theres hundreds of people all with the same symptoms, everyone seems to think its telogen effluvium due to the bulbs on the hairs, has anybody tried minoxidil yet or anything else as I'm at the end of my cysteine tub and it's made no difference

#68 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

So just to clarify, NO ONE- Philly, PJ, Exister, etc actually did Step 2, the Crude Oil. And did anyone try step 3, which is connected to the thyroid, being part of the adrenals someone mentioned above.

#69 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

It absolutely could be a thyroid problem. The thyroid regulates hormones and hair loss is a side effect when there is a hormone imbalance. I suggest getting tests done on the thyroid. I am going to see my doctor and ask for tests to be done. This could suggest why Atomidine worked for itsoveryes. His thyroid could have corrected itself.  

#70 patientx

patientx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

So just to clarify, NO ONE- Philly, PJ, Exister, etc actually did Step 2, the Crude Oil. And did anyone try step 3, which is connected to the thyroid, being part of the adrenals someone mentioned above.

In your 1st post you said you hadn't seen any hair regrowth yet because it took time. Do you have any regrowth by now?

#71 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm booked in for docs on thurs il let u guys no how it goes, from all the research Iv done and what other people are saying i think it either thyroid or iron deficiency

#72 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm booked in for docs on thurs il let u guys no how it goes, from all the research Iv done and what other people are saying i think it either thyroid or iron deficiency

I've been talking to a guy that has been studying this b5 hairloss connection for several years. He said the following should be tested (in order of importance)

1. cortisol

2. Testosterone and DHT

3. Thyroid 

Please make sure your doctor doesn't just pass you off as Male pattern baldness. Explain that you have hairloss all over your head, and you know of many people on forums that had this same side effect from megadosing B5. Its NOT Telogen Effluvium guys...several people have had this for over 2 years! TE fixes itself if you get rid of the root cause(taking the pills) and takes around 6-12 months. 

I'm currently away at college but when I go home for break I will book an appointment as well. Best of luck guys, you're almost there.

#73 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

I've been talking to a guy that has been studying this b5 hairloss connection for several years. He said the following should be tested (in order of importance)

1. cortisol

2. Testosterone and DHT

3. Thyroid 

Please make sure your doctor doesn't just pass you off as Male pattern baldness. Explain that you have hairloss all over your head, and you know of many people on forums that had this same side effect from megadosing B5. Its NOT Telogen Effluvium guys...several people have had this for over 2 years! TE fixes itself if you get rid of the root cause(taking the pills) and takes around 6-12 months. 

I'm currently away at college but when I go home for break I will book an appointment as well. Best of luck guys, you're almost there.

Agreed. Tests are the best option at this point.

I have been to three different dermatologists. I had blood work and that came back normal. I did not see the results so I do not know exactly what was tested but I specifically asked about my iron and B12 levels and they said they were fine. 

I also had a scalp biopsy which is a procedure in which they cut two pieces out your scalp out to test the anagen/telogen ratios and terminal/vellus hair ratios. They concluded I do not have TE so they told me it was MPB. 

I believe now we should all have cortisol, testosterone/DHT, and Thyroid tests done. 

This website describes types of Hair Loss evaluations: http://www.hairtx.co...oss-evaluation/

"Associated laboratory work up can also be helpful such as serum ferritin to rule out iron deficiency anemia as a cause of hair loss, particularly in women with a diffuse patterned hair loss.  Thyroid function tests, specifically thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), may be required as part of a thorough work up.  Any virilizing signs in women including irregular menses, hirsutism, or acne should be evaluated with both free testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS).  When lupus is suspected, a serum antinuclear antibody (ANA) will be important."

#74 mis911

mis911

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Anyone who has been megadosing on ANY vitamin, not ony B5 should NEVER immediately stop cold turkey.

The same goes when you start dosing with a vitamin...ALWAYS start with a minimum dose, then work your way up till the desired results are achieved,

then taper off to a maintenance dose.

Example given from the book Ascorbate by Dr Steve Hickey & Dr Hilary Roberts:

Test subjects that were megadosing with Vitamin C then suddenly stopped, suffered from scurvy, because their bodies

became accustomed to the mega dosage.

It makes sense why people here who suddenly began megadosing on B5 then suddenly stopped once hair loss

resulted, still experience negative outcomes.

I am a 32 year old female suffering from hereditary hair loss & mild acne.

I have begun dosing with NAC for one week prior to staring B5, then begun taking 1.5g B5 with 1.8g of NAC a day for 2-3 weeks,

experienced no hair loss but no improvement with acne, so

upped my dose now to 3g of B5 with 1.8g of NAC a day, it has been 5days & my acne has gotten slightly worse

(but I read that is normal as some experienced that before the acne clearing up) ,I will continue this for 2-3 weeks & if no results will

up my dose of B5 to the maximum amount of 5g (will not go upto 10grams as that seems too severe)

with 2.7g of NAC for a final 2-3 weeks & if no results achieved I will slowly decline my dosage in 2week intervals.

Will keep everyone posted at the next 3week interval in regards to acne inprovement & hair health.

I am also taking calcium ascorbate/magnesium ascorbate 14 grams a day

Chromium

Multi B vitamin 50mg twice a day

Alcar powder 500mg twice a day on alternating days

B3 1gram daily

B12 Sublingual once a day

#75 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

In your 1st post you said you hadn't seen any hair regrowth yet because it took time. Do you have any regrowth by now?

yes 100% hair, 100% acne free

Mis911 is correct by the way. Edgar cayce (where i got the atomidine from) said do not stop any vitamisn immediately because it will cause to great a strain on the system. Glad to see scientific proof of that. Remember that guy from the healthforums who cured his hairloss a few years ago continued taking b5.

For those who have money and think it is partially conencted to the thyroid, maybe you should try atomidine+ acupuncture. Acupuncture is suppose to the correct the endrocrine system which the thyroid is part of.

#76 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

So do you think If I start taking say 500mg b5 again it may help even tho I havnt taken any for months?

So do you think If I start taking say 500mg b5 again it may help even tho I havnt taken any for months?

#77 mis911

mis911

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

I can't say if going back on B5 will resolve the issue, I get all my information from weeks of reading books & countless forums before I make

the decision to proceed with any vitamin/mineral/amino acid treatment.

That being said I've made my ignorant mistakes of not following my own instructions, but you live & you learn, luckily I didn't suffer severely.

Now back to your question, in my opinion if the people megadosing on vitamin C suffered from scurvy once stopped (a deficiency in vitamin C)

then it's possible that the same rule could apply to vitamin B5, but I cant know for sure.

But if you were to attempt this I would do it with a low dose.

I am geneticaly prone to hairloss, so any vitamin/mineral/amino acid can activate this mechansim in me which means if megadosing on b5

caused many people hairloss, it would 100% do the same for me which is why I kept reading & reading & researching until I came to this forum

& designed the appropriate safest dosage to proceed, mind you it's still early days, & I may still suffer.

Most people experienced hairloss after just 2weeks on B5, I have been dosing for one month now & experienced nothing of the sort,

on the contrary at times I feel my hair health has improved, but that can be placebo, or a cause of the many other vitamins I'm taking.

Also I would like to add that another mistake I luckily rectified in time is to never take a vitamin on it's own ESPECIALLY if your planning on megadosing,

because any synthetic vitamin taken in megadoses will surely deplete you of other vitamins your body is already low on, needs or otherwise.

So for future readers & vitamin experimetners:

PLEASE research your heart out before you prescribe yourself a vitamin treatment.

Don't only reasearch websites promoting the vitamin in question but also books & most importantly discussion

forums of REAL people with REAL experiences with the vitamin in question.

Don't just look at the positive's & jump right in, if that were the case I would have jumped in with megadosing with B5 after the

1st 5 forums I read, but from lessons learned I kept researching & came across the hairloss experiences with B5, eventually you

will always find the negative results experienced aswell as the positives & from there way out your options.

& finally nobody has spent more time with your body then you, you know what you suffer from & what your body

is prone to under a variety of circumstances, that being said there's only so much one can know & seeking a doctors treatment

is an option one should aways make available.

My apologies for rambling, I just know the feeling when a negative affect takes hold of you, & I would hate to be the cause of it

because of my ignorance to further reasearch before putting something into my body.

I would have liked to find a msg like this to put some perspective on things.

PS: Sorry for the spelling errors, there's no spellcheck on this thing! huh.png

Oh & Blue09...

Don't just take one persons advice & follow through,

go & research the question you just asked, I guarantee you will find a variety of answers & with that you will

have much more valuable information to base your decision on.

Goodluck

#78 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Guys who are experiencing hairloss is cause they arent taking other vitamin Bs.

I been on 9 grams ..almost done with month 3
No acne no oils no hairloss
Take a complete vitamin b pill to avoid hair damage
Plus I heard people take b5 for hairloss

#79 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Guys who are experiencing hairloss is cause they arent taking other vitamin Bs.

I been on 9 grams ..almost done with month 3
No acne no oils no hairloss
Take a complete vitamin b pill to avoid hair damage
Plus I heard people take b5 for hairloss

This is not true. If you review other forums, a number of people took a Vit B Supplement and experienced hairloss. I have been taking a Vit B Supplement for 2 years and still have hairloss. 

#80 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

I think the reason I cleared up when I first started taking B5 was because I dropped all my other supplements to do so. Now that I've dropped B5 too, and am taking nothing but an anti-histamine, my skin is getting clearer than ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users