vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b5

978 replies to this topic

#641 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

Jimmyjoners, what are you trying next? Igf-1 lr3 or igf-1 scalp injections? I have never heard of these... 

There peptides mate used for building muscle, kind of like very mild steroids in a way. They make your body release more growth hormone, which can help hair but others may lose hair so it's a 50/50 really

I posted before about the hair transplant option but nobody gave any input.

It's really not very expensive nowadays so I'm wondering why nobody else considers this?

My hair is certainly going in classic MPB style, with it receded 1-2 inches. It's been going for around 4-5 years so I'm just glad it isn't too fast, though it might be because my hair used to very thick.

I think it will be a waste of money, all the new hair that starts growing after the op will look stupid when the hair around it falls out, we're losing hair for a reason if everybody starts getting more and more tests done we will probably find the answer, but most people on here are desperate including me and trying pointless stuff which will most likely make the hairloss worse.

#642 jimmyjoners

jimmyjoners

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Jimmyjoners, what are you trying next? Igf-1 lr3 or igf-1 scalp injections? I have never heard of these... 

Like Blue09 said, they are peptides used by bodybuilders mostly.

The thinking here, is that DHT down regulates igf-1 at the hair follicle level as one of the ways it kills hair. There was some study that found that for people who Propecia/Finasteride worked for, their hair follicles had up-regulated the expression of igf-1, and for those who didn't respond, igf-1 expression was the same. There are also studies where topical igf-1 was used to increase hair thickness and quantity. So we know igf-1 is good for hair. There was some contention for a long time because some study showed a lot of men with hair loss had either low levels of serum igf-1 OR high levels. Low levels makes sense, high levels however were a bit confusing. Turns out high levels of igf-1 are likely caused by insulin insensitivity (low levels can also be a sign of this), so even if their levels are high the igf-1 isn't binding to it's receptors effectively. 

So cool we can all agree igf-1 is good for hair, but now the issue is do you use igf-1 or igf-1 lr3? The lr3 version is a longer chain that allows it to stay in the body for longer (half life of 20 hours or so), where as regular igf-1 is quick metabolized, and acts very locally (bodybuilders will inject it into individual lagging muscles after a work out for localized action). Igf-1 lr3 is used systematically, it has a chance to bind to all sorts of receptors by virtue of being around for so long. But if topical Igf-1 worked, then it makes sense to me that you don't really need the lr3 version, but I can't really see why it would be bad (except for it lower your natural GH release).

I posted before about the hair transplant option but nobody gave any input.

It's really not very expensive nowadays so I'm wondering why nobody else considers this?

My hair is certainly going in classic MPB style, with it receded 1-2 inches. It's been going for around 4-5 years so I'm just glad it isn't too fast, though it might be because my hair used to very thick.

I think it will be a waste of money, all the new hair that starts growing after the op will look stupid when the hair around it falls out, we're losing hair for a reason if everybody starts getting more and more tests done we will probably find the answer, but most people on here are desperate including me and trying pointless stuff which will most likely make the hairloss worse.

Am I the only one who has no pattern to the hair loss? Mine is totally diffuse, not pattern at all.

Edited by jimmyjoners, 24 July 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#643 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

I am shedding hair all over my head, just more on the top. 

#644 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Yeh I'm the same

#645 churchill

churchill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

I am also shedding all over, however it seems to be worst at the hairline, especially the temples, but this could just be because that is where you notice it the most.

#646 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Went to the doctors, he said it wouldn't be cortisol as it would of showed in my kidney test, I've got a thyroid test to book, otherwise he said I could try zinc selenium and if that fails he said there's basically nothing we can do.

#647 MikeLev

MikeLev

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Went to the doctors, he said it wouldn't be cortisol as it would of showed in my kidney test, I've got a thyroid test to book, otherwise he said I could try zinc selenium and if that fails he said there's basically nothing we can do.

What kind of doctor is he? a regular GP, or?

#648 elmechanico

elmechanico

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

Has anybody considered Folliculitis as I and other people in this thread have reported scalp acne/bumps.

Im considering taking some minocycline for it as I still have a pack laying around and I have read that it is the go to antibiotic because of the anti-inflammatory properties

#649 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Regular gp mike, to be honest he didn't actually no what b5 was so not much hope there haha, how's the prog going?

Has anybody considered Folliculitis as I and other people in this thread have reported scalp acne/bumps.
Im considering taking some minocycline for it as I still have a pack laying around and I have read that it is the go to antibiotic because of the anti-inflammatory properties

Yeh I get the scalp dermatitis/acne or whatever it is lol, it sucks, scalp itches a lot too.

Elessarx are you cured now

#650 Elessarx

Elessarx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

Regular gp mike, to be honest he didn't actually no what b5 was so not much hope there haha, how's the prog going?

>Has anybody considered Folliculitis as I and other people in this thread have reported scalp acne/bumps.

Yeh I get the scalp dermatitis/acne or whatever it is lol, it sucks, scalp itches a lot too.

Wouldnt considered myself cured cause I still got the dermatitis. However I still havent started shedding again, just the small fucking hairs that I think cant grow cause of my scalp condition

#651 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

>

>Has anybody considered Folliculitis as I and other people in this thread have reported scalp acne/bumps.

>

Wouldnt considered myself cured cause I still got the dermatitis. However I still havent started shedding again, just the small fucking hairs that I think cant grow cause of my scalp condition

Are you still taking b1? Also are you taking anymore supplements

Got my thyroid test booked for Monday. Has anyone else had a thyroid test done?

#652 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

This threads pretty much dead so I'm off, good luck with the hairloss guys if anyone still out there. I'm giving up and shaving my head. Peace out

#653 MikeLev

MikeLev

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

This threads pretty much dead so I'm off, good luck with the hairloss guys if anyone still out there. I'm giving up and shaving my head. Peace out

Seriously?

:o

Progesterone is going great. New hairs at hairline. It's too early to get too optimistic though, I want to wait 2-3 months before I take pics for progress.

#654 MikeLev

MikeLev

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Blue09 don't give up bro! <3

#655 elmechanico

elmechanico

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Had a blood test done last wednesday.

Got an appointment later today, will let you know how it went

#656 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Update-Stopped nizoral and went to s5 twice a day. Hair started to shed again. Guess nirozal>s5 cream. Feeling like Blue, nothing left to try. My hair loss is also diffuse on top, no loss on DHT resistance sides and back

Wish cb was out already...

#657 jimmyjoners

jimmyjoners

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Has anyone else tried propecia?

#658 MikeLev

MikeLev

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Hell no. Propecia is horrible.

#659 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

Yeah fuck propecia. That's like trading your soul for hair.

Even if it doesn't give erectile problems I still value my brain too much and don't want to live with constant brain fog.

There's no way I could run my business if my mind is not sharp.

#660 elmechanico

elmechanico

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Test results are in.

All my levels are normal except for 2.

My TSH is 4.31 which is a bit above the normal range and indicates hypothyroidism.

T3,T3 and TSH-Antibodies are all fine though which surprised my doctor.

The other thing that's increased is my lymphocyte count. Normal range is up to 40, I have 40.5

Apart from that, Cholesterin is fine, Cortisol is fine(even though tw12 suggested cortisol was the cause), liver is fine, kidney is fine.

My Ferritin(iron) is a bit low at 41 but still in normal range(30-300).

I'm shedding like crazy, is there really nothing you can do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users