645 replies to this topic

#41 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Has anyone besides itsoveryes got this to stop the B5 induced hairloss? No luck for me and my methionine caps are almost finished. 

I have been taking 2-4 grams of L-cysteine for 3 weeks. I also started 1 gram of B5 per day. I think it has slowed down a little but I am not 100% sure. I am going to add NAC and L-Methionine as well. We will see...

L-cysteine has slowed my hairloss down when i pull my hair not much comes out any more, I'm using l-cysteine nac and l-methionine

How much of each are you taking?

#42 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

2 grams l-cysteine 1 gram nac and 500mg meth

Normally when I pull on my hair about 4 or 5 hairs came out but now only 1 or 2, been on these supps for about a week now

#43 patientx

patientx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

2 grams l-cysteine 1 gram nac and 500mg meth

Any particular reasons you take both l-cysteine and NAC? They are just different forms of l-cysteine.

#44 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Has anyone besides itsoveryes got this to stop the B5 induced hairloss? No luck for me and my methionine caps are almost finished. 

When  you said no luck for you, did you mean you've been taking B5 with L-cysteine and your hair is still falling out?

No I've stopped taking b5 from like last October. The only B5 I get now is the small amount from my multivitamin. But yeah the I took the methionine around 1-2 grams every day for about a month and I'm still losing hair like crazy. I'd say no change was achieved from this so far...but maybe I'll try NAC and the atomidine 

I'm wondering for this to be successful in stopping the hair loss, maybe you need to take B5 along with it? 

This is an out of the park theory, but maybe after megadosing with B5 for a little while, and stopping immediately, your body is used to the high amounts of B5 and "needs" it to continue functioning properly (hair growth/strength).

#45 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Did your acne improve?

#46 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I only used B5 for like 3 weeks, and it did improve somewhat, but I got very scared from the hairloss and just stopped immediately. At the time I was using Vilantae, which is b5 and a few other b vitamins and other vitamins. I was using about 5-8 grams.

#47 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Update- I've upped my b5 dosage to 8g/day so I can eat more freely. I've added 450mg of pantethine, and lowered the l-cysteine to 2g since pantethine has some cysteine in it. (Warning-powdered l cysteine makes your breath stink, cap it yourself) I'm not using atomidine and am using the crude oil once a week. My hair isn't even dry anymore, I attribute this to the small dose of pantethine I take. I'm 100% clear and have 100% hair recovery.

My understanding is that l-cysteine is better than NAC because l-cysteine is more unstable and is "looking for a partner" which is where b5 comes in. I think it is a fruitless debate, they both are cheap, if you can't decide, buy both and take a gram of each.

Philly, l-cysteine and NAC seems to be working for Blue. Why not switch to those, meth is suppose to be cycled anyway.

Edited by itsoveryes, 22 February 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#48 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Update- I've upped my b5 dosage to 8g/day so I can eat more freely. I've added 450mg of pantethine, and lowered the l-cysteine to 2g since pantethine has some cysteine in it. (Warning-powdered l cysteine makes your breath stink, cap it yourself) I'm not using atomidine and am using the crude oil once a week. My hair isn't even dry anymore, I attribute this to the small dose of pantethine I take. I'm 100% clear and have 100% hair recovery.

My understanding is that l-cysteine is better than NAC because l-cysteine is more unstable and is "looking for a partner" which is where b5 comes in. I think it is a fruitless debate, they both are cheap, if you can't decide, buy both and take a gram of each.

Philly, l-cysteine and NAC seems to be working for Blue. Why not switch to those, meth is suppose to be cycled anyway.

How much do you suggest I take? 1 gram? 2 grams?

#49 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

1g of each to start off Philly

#50 patientx

patientx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Update- I've upped my b5 dosage to 8g/day so I can eat more freely. I've added 450mg of pantethine, and lowered the l-cysteine to 2g since pantethine has some cysteine in it. 

8g of B5? That's a lot. Why did you up it that much? I thought 1:1 ratio between B5 and cysteine was working well for you.

Isn't the whole idea of adding L-cysteine to B5 is to eliminate the need to megadose on B5 and let you get away with taking lower dose (like 2g) of B5 instead? 

#51 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Update- I've upped my b5 dosage to 8g/day so I can eat more freely. I've added 450mg of pantethine, and lowered the l-cysteine to 2g since pantethine has some cysteine in it. 

8g of B5? That's a lot. Why did you up it that much? I thought 1:1 ratio between B5 and cysteine was working well for you.

Isn't the whole idea of adding L-cysteine to B5 is to eliminate the need to megadose on B5 and let you get away with taking lower dose (like 2g) of B5 instead? 
Yes, l-cysteine should allow you to take a lower dosage of b5, but that isn't why I started taking it. I started taking it to get my hair back, that is the whole idea. A lower dose works for me as long as I remain on paleo, but I got sick of going to Starbucks worrying if they had added milk instead of soy to my drink and I was going to have a break out tomorrow. I'm not recommending this b5 dose to anyone, go as high as clears your acne, and no higher. Also once you are 100% clear, you can start lowering to a maintenance dose.

This is also my second time taking b5. A few people on other posts have mentioned that they stopped b5, then restarted it and had to go to a higher dosage to get the same effect. That could be an additional factor, but it is theoretical of course.

Edited by itsoveryes, 24 February 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#52 clarityx

clarityx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Ive been experiencing hairloss on my face. I usually sport the scruffy look but I have patches of hair misses on my face after taking b5 for a couple months. I've stoped for about a month now with nothing getting better. I havn't noticed my scalp thinning but I have pretty shaggy hair so its possible that i lost some up their as well. Any updates on the progression of everyone posting on here?

#53 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

any updates? especially pjjordan because my case was very similar to yours.

#54 sikosetogam10

sikosetogam10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hi everybody, i have been experiencing hair loss since 2005 due to b5. I had insanely thick hair before so the process has been very long but as of late

my scalp has began to show. The shedding didn't bother too much at first because i realized it wasn't going to show instantly even though i could feel my hair getting thinner. Note that my hair is getting thinner everywhere, sides/back of the head, eyebrows and body hair as well. 
I was tired of doctors laughing at me when i said b5 caused chronic telogen effluvium so i began to research it and i found a study made in japan where rats were fed high doses of b5 and all of them experienced hair damage. I am currently in mail contact with this doctors trying to figure out whats wrong.

I have ordered l-cysteine as well, will give it a try.

Looking forward to everyone's updates  

#55 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Like everything

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hi everybody, i have been experiencing hair loss since 2005 due to b5. I had insanely thick hair before so the process has been very long but as of late
my scalp has began to show. The shedding didn't bother too much at first because i realized it wasn't going to show instantly even though i could feel my hair getting thinner. Note that my hair is getting thinner everywhere, sides/back of the head, eyebrows and body hair as well. 
I was tired of doctors laughing at me when i said b5 caused chronic telogen effluvium so i began to research it and i found a study made in japan where rats were fed high doses of b5 and all of them experienced hair damage. I am currently in mail contact with this doctors trying to figure out whats wrong.
I have ordered l-cysteine as well, will give it a try.
Looking forward to everyone's updates  

How long were you taking b5 and how many grams

Did it help with your acne ...also how old are you ?

I too been taking 9 grams of b5 daily for about 10 weeks now.

#56 sikosetogam10

sikosetogam10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Took b5 for about 6 months, started with 10g and took about 5g towards the end. It did help with my acne. Im 26 now, started with b5 when i was 18.

#57 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Just curious, has anyone here ever gotten blood work done? Things like cortisol, testosterone, DHT, Thyroid, etc?

#58 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi,

I started NAC and L-methionine last week. My current supplements each day are:

2 Grams of B5

1.5 of L-cysteine

1.5 grams of L-methionine

1.5 Grams of Nac

Vitamin B complex

I am still experiencing hair shedding. I am not 100% sure if it has slowed down at all because some days I do shed a lot. I will keep you updated though,

B5 definitely has improved my acne significantly. 2 grams keeps be 90% clear and my oil levels on my face low. I don't want to increase the dosage due to my hair shedding.

I did stopped B5 for 2 years and the hair shedding did not stop so I just started back up again with the other supplements. 

#59 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hi,

I started NAC and L-methionine last week. My current supplements each day are:

2 Grams of B5

1.5 of L-cysteine

1.5 grams of L-methionine

1.5 Grams of Nac

Vitamin B complex

I am still experiencing hair shedding. I am not 100% sure if it has slowed down at all because some days I do shed a lot. I will keep you updated though,

B5 definitely has improved my acne significantly. 2 grams keeps be 90% clear and my oil levels on my face low. I don't want to increase the dosage due to my hair shedding.

I did stopped B5 for 2 years and the hair shedding did not stop so I just started back up again with the other supplements. 

You should try pantothen. Apparently one of the theories is that once you go high on B5 and drop it immediately, you force shedding that clearly isn't TE and doesn't stop. One guy stopped it from trying pantothen along with NAC...I'm way too scared to touch any more vitamins but if it ends up stopping your shed, then I'll definitely check it out. My shedding is very similar to yours, I tried B5 6-8 grams for like 2-3 weeks and stopped due to hair thinning and the shedding has continued for like 6 months already. Have you ever been to the doctor and got your hormones tested?

#60 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Ok guys my hairloss slowed for a couple of weeks but it's now started again so back to normal these supps help but it's minimal atm I'm very interested in the pantothen aswell but I'm too scared to touch b5 when you guys pull your hair in certain places does hair come out I seem to lose about 3 or 4 hairs when doing this and they all have a tiny bulb on the end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users