vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b5

975 replies to this topic

#421 itsoveroveriknowiknow

itsoveroveriknowiknow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

Update on the human growth hormone, 1 week in and there's no change, when I pull my hair 1 or 2 will come out each time. I can only hope that there will be change after a month but to be honest I highly doubt it. I don't think there is a cure.

1 or 2 hairs is normal. Has your hairloss stopped?

On the first page it says it could be related to cysteine deficiency.
I have read up on cysteine deficiency and it lists loss of haur pigmentation of one of its effects. I have noticed that the part of my hair close to the root is of a lighter, almost white colour. So I am thinking of ordering some Cysteine.

Has anybody here supplemented with Cysteine and did it improve anything?

I would think that the cysteine levels would go back to normal by themselfs once you quite overdosing the b5 vitamine. I am taking 150 mg L-Cysteine a day I think it might be helping a little bit no regrowth. 

Im using the kezo schampoo twice a week, minoxidil every day and I take one pill of "beautful hair" a day, wich contains l-cystein, b5, b6, b12, inositol, niacin and more stuff... I would probobly lose hair faster if I dident do this but unfortunately its not a cure.

Has anybody tried aloe vera. Its a looong shot but it seems to have a healing effect. ( i was chocked when I borrowed my friends aloe vera toothepaste and my teeth got whiter after I used it.. the thoothepaste was green in colour and dident have any shit in it that would scratch my theeth white).  Maybe and this is maybe with a capital M but maybe it could heal us from the inside if we eat aloe vera pills or something... 

#422 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

On the first page it says it could be related to cysteine deficiency.
I have read up on cysteine deficiency and it lists loss of haur pigmentation of one of its effects. I have noticed that the part of my hair close to the root is of a lighter, almost white colour. So I am thinking of ordering some Cysteine.

Has anybody here supplemented with Cysteine and did it improve anything?

Yes a few of have and had no results.

I started RU a couple weeks ago so hoping this starts to work soon. 

#423 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

No hairloss hasn't stopped, when I pull my hair in different places 1-2 hairs come out, so if I rub my head then about 10 come. Been going on for about 4 years now. The sides of my hair is really noticeable now. Did propecia help anyone on here? Also dutasteride is more powerful than propecia so was wandering if anyone has tried it, the side effects are putting me off trying them tho.

Edited by Blue09, 23 May 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#424 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

I've tried both and did not have success. 

#425 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

I have buzzed my hair down to a 4. Since I am diffuse This makes the loss look better.
I am starting on Promox from dr Klein. This is topical fin with 5% minox as a vechical. It also has retin a to help penetrate the scalp better. I am using it once a day to hopefully prevent any sides. Goal is to maintain what I have, if I have regrowth even better.

Another picimage.jpg image.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#426 Elessarx

Elessarx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

I have buzzed my hair down to a 4. Since I am diffuse This makes the loss look better.
I am starting on Promox from dr Klein. This is topical fin with 5% minox as a vechical. It also has retin a to help penetrate the scalp better. I am using it once a day to hopefully prevent any sides. Goal is to maintain what I have, if I have regrowth even better.

Another picattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

You still think this is just normal MPB?

What happened with the progress you had with b5+l-cysteine at start of the thread?

#427 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Cysteine didn't work and it doesn't make sense as levels would of returned to normal after two years.
It's possible the body became cysteine resistant, similar to insulin resistance, but I am unaware of anyway to test that.
In addition, RU is a topical DHT blocker which worked for me and DHT is the cause of MPB

To answer your question I do think this is regular MPB, but what's important is how did B5 trigger the "mpb start gene". If we could answer that, then maybe we could prevent mpb in ALL men.

For example, men who are chronically deficient in b5, do they never develop hairloss? I like to see a study done that in a third world country.

This was interesting. Discussion of homeless people's hair. Many suspect alcohol, but perhaps malnutrition leads to a b5 deficient?

http://www.hairlossh...&threadid=53158

"How many homeless people have I seen? Likely more than you. I've done alot of volunteer work. Alot of them, even white older men, seem to have, on average, alot more hair than the average person their age. That doesn't mean it looks good, only that I noticed less had any noticeable hair loss.

But do I think alcohol plays a role in reducing hairloss? Only if diet in general plays a role, which I think it does, though I have no idea to what extent. I wouldn't dare say that alcohol is the reason that homeless people seem to have more hair though; that's a bit of a stretch in my opinion."

#428 Elessarx

Elessarx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

http://immortalhair....or-the-majority

they are talking lots about B vitamins in that thread.

This was the thread starters answer to me about b5 megadosing

"dude you most likely forced your body to burn fat for fuel through high dose b5. When a cell has more acetyl coa then oxaloacetate it will force your cells to produce energy through b oxidation. You could have also depleted your body of biotin, cysteine and lysine. I won't go into detail as to why but if youre curiois tpu can just let me know and ill post later. Also riboflavin requirements could have been it into overdrive and thus depleted."

Im gonna try with the supplements he talked about in that thread, ofc I will comeback and tell if its made any difference

#429 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:53 PM

http://forum.bodybui...php?t=160444941

Check this out if you're wary about trying fin, people have had decent results on it. I'm scared of fin because of the potential sexual side effects it poses. Still looking for alternatives...I haven't been up to date with this forum for a while, but has anyone gotten any real tests done? If we could get a few blood test reports and cross check them with each other at critical test points (Cortisol, test, dht), we could find the culprit.

Lets try to keep this alive guys.

#430 MattThomas

MattThomas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

has anyone experienced hair loss at all from taking pantethine daily for an extended period of time rather than normal b5?

#431 churchill

churchill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

has anyone experienced hair loss at all from taking pantethine daily for an extended period of time rather than normal b5?

Yes. I have had diffuse hair loss now for 2 years after 10 days on 3 x 300 mg pantethine per day (stopped taking it after hair loss started on day 10).

#432 MattThomas

MattThomas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yes. I have had diffuse hair loss now for 2 years after 10 days on 3 x 300 mg pantethine per day (stopped taking it after hair loss started on day 10).

Ah man that sucks, sorry to hear :/ it's so weird how no websites mention this side effect or any side effects for that matter except from typical possible nausea/diarrhea symptons etc

Thanks for the heads up anyway man, guess it's just not worth the risk

#433 elmechanico

elmechanico

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

So you guys are saying we all have Male Pattern Baldness now?

Man that sucks at 18

#434 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Check out the peptide igf-1-lr3 read a few promising threads on hair regrowth.

#435 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

My hairloss has slowed a lot with the use of Nizoral and Minoxidil...there are even little hairs growing but not sure if they will really ever amount to much.

Before, when washing my hair or styling it, many would fall out. Now it is just 1-3 hairs which is probably quite normal.

Has anybody considered, or tried having a hair transplant for this? It's tempting to be honest though my hair still looks OK but receded between 1-2 inches.

I'm living in SE Asia nowadays where the cost is probably quite affordable, it would be awesome to get my hairline back.

#436 tw12

tw12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Hello guys, 

I have the greatest news ever for you. I have ur cure fir ur condition...Thiamine a.k.a vitamin b1....u are suffering hair loss due to high cortisol levels which i have suffered before and have succesfully cured using thiamine. U need to start asap with 100mg 3 times a day for a week. Ur hair loss will stop in the 2nd or third day and will be cured by the 7th. I did this account to tell you this news. It wont cost you more than 10 dollars and save ur self the hassle of paying very high expenses for other treatments not for you case. I repeat, this is probably the most precious advice u will ever get. I would be happy to see you report back to other people on ur 7 day timeline.

#437 Elessarx

Elessarx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

Hello guys, 

I have the greatest news ever for you. I have ur cure fir ur condition...Thiamine a.k.a vitamin b1....u are suffering hair loss due to high cortisol levels which i have suffered before and have succesfully cured using thiamine. U need to start asap with 100mg 3 times a day for a week. Ur hair loss will stop in the 2nd or third day and will be cured by the 7th. I did this account to tell you this news. It wont cost you more than 10 dollars and save ur self the hassle of paying very high expenses for other treatments not for you case. I repeat, this is probably the most precious advice u will ever get. I would be happy to see you report back to other people on ur 7 day timeline.

Im starting this today with taking thiamine 100mg 3 times/day. Will report back in a week.

#438 itsoveroveriknowiknow

itsoveroveriknowiknow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

Hello guys, 

Hallo tw12,

If this works ill worship you for the rest of my life. Just to clearify you want us to take 100mg 3 times a day = 300 mg/day ? Thats very high doses, recommended doses is 1.4 mg/day. Is there b1 pills that contain that amount? Or should I pop more or less a hundrerd pills everyday for a week? 

#439 tw12

tw12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

Hello Folks,

100 mg of thiamine 3 times a day, a total of 300 mg...Any b complex normally has 100mg of thiamine so these are okay. Nothing will make me happier than to see people have a better life. Take note of differences in sleep patterns because this will hopefully change your 24 hr pattern, not only ur hair. I reckon ever since u took the b5 ur sleeping pattern have not been optimum. I used to take twin labs b1, it has 500 mg in 1 cap but its better u space it out. 

Goodluck.

#440 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Any updates on this yet? I've taken b1 before but in a mixture with other vitamins and it was only around 66mg which had no effect. Very interested to see if this works but as you can all understand I've tried many things in the last 4 years and nothing has worked. This really would be a miracle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users