vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b5

943 replies to this topic

#341 itsoveroveriknowiknow

itsoveroveriknowiknow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Im happy to hear your hair stopped shedding after 5 years. It gives me hope that it can get better. I was under the impression that if it doesnt resolve itself within 2 years you have chronic hairloss and you are screwed for life. Keep us posted gmymahny

#342 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thanks gmymahny. It's better news than hearing your hairloss never stopped.

#343 itsoveroveriknowiknow

itsoveroveriknowiknow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

Whats up!? Nobody posting anything for 20 days :/ 

I was on MSM and stinging nettle for about 50-60 days. I think maybe it was slowing down the hairloss a little, but I wasent getting much regrowth. I need regrowth! Since  I stopped with MSM and nettle Im losing hair faster than ever before. The small strains of hair that I got from nettle or MSM (dont now wich one) are gone (but they werent growing at normal speed to begin with). Im going for the more drastic tactic now. Im going to take pure b5 again. One gram instead of ten grams that i was on for two years straight. Have a crazy theory that my body needs more b5 than a normal person because I was on so much for so long. 

Im going to take one pill a day. The b5 pills contain one gram of b5. It is some kind of "special" pill that releases the b5 in my body evenly over eight hours. Wish me luck!

PS. If anyone has anything to report, good or bad, please do. We are all in the same boat. I refuse to throw in the towel.

#344 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Good stuff for posting mate I keep checking every day but nothing so come on guys we need to cure this, every little helps.

I can't really comment atm as I've still got 2 weeks on my test e cycle to go followed by pct but what I can say is that I have kept hairloss to a minimum during this cycle with hair essentials and supertocco. I know there working because at 500mg of test ethanate a week aswell as the hairloss from b5 I should be losing masses of hair right now but I'm only losing 1 or 2 hairs when I do the pull test and even then it's not every time, basically I'll pull different places on my head and sometimes I'll get 2 hairs and sometimes nothing. Once the testosterone has completely left my body I should be able to see exactly what the hair pills are doing for me:-)

Oh I also take bita sitosterol but sometimes forget and I hear lots of good things.

#345 itsoveroveriknowiknow

itsoveroveriknowiknow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hi mate!

Im happy to hear its looking up. Two hairs, thats amazing. Any new hairs coming in? What are you taking exactly? I dident really understand everything.

Is this the one http://www.hairessentials.com/ ? And what is supertocco?

Peace! 

Edited by itsoveroveriknowiknow, 20 November 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#346 healthnut91

healthnut91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Nutrition, Physiology, Medicine

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Soo I have been taking B5 for almost 2 years now... (22 months to be exact)  And have experimented over this time with different amounts.  I started with 1 g/day and worked my way up to 8 g/day.  I found that anything below 5 g/day was not effective enough to combat my acne issue.  I understood early on the potential risk for hair loss, which I assumed was due to other factors, such as the depletion of other B vitamins or simply aging.  Nevertheless, I decided taking a large dose of anything is not 100% safe, there are always going to be consequences.  So I researched into ways to potentiate the B5 and gave l-carnitine a try.  It seemed to help boost the effects of B5 and I could use less.  I also tried supplementing with acetyl-l-carnitine because I suspected it to be more effective and thus requiring a lesser dosage of the B5.  However, after about 2 weeks of taking the acetyl-l-carnitine I found myself becoming tired very early on in the evening, something which I am definitely not accustomed to.  I also noticed that my appetite became suppresed at night, where normally I would get major cravings.  After some research I discovered that taking too much acetyl-l-carnitine (ALC) may interefere with the thyroid hormone resulting in hypothyroidism.  The symptoms I was having were suggestive of this.  After  stopping the ALC my symptoms disappeared.

I just stumbled upon this thread yesterday and wish I would have found it sooner.  It is good to know others are dealing with the same issue and are working to find a solution.  I noticed a few months ago that my hair has not appeared as full as it used to.  At the time, I became concerned but was hesitant to blame B5 as the direct cause.  After reading the majority of this thread I am fairly convinced B5 is the reason for my thinning hair. 

I am going to try supplementing with l-cysteine, while slowly cutting back on the B5.  I also am going to add biotin to the mix and will take it in between doses of B5 and with yogurt to maximize its absorbtion.  Being that there have been reports that high doses of B5 interefere with the absorption of biotin, and biotin is necessary for healthy hair, it only makes sense.  Could it be that simple? eusa_pray.gif

J

#347 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi mate!

Im happy to hear its looking up. Two hairs, thats amazing. Any new hairs coming in? What are you taking exactly? I dident really understand everything.

Is this the one http://www.hairessentials.com/ ? And what is supertocco?

Peace! 

Hi mate well first I went through a tub of food science superior hair and I used that with Life extension super absorbable Tocotrienols and I felt both of these were helping to stop my hair falling out during the test cycle, I decided to get hair essentials after the others ran out as it's completely different ingredients and these seem to be working aswell, I think after my pct I will get a tub of all 3 and use them together and then im sure I will see some regrowth.

Soo I have been taking B5 for almost 2 years now... (22 months to be exact)  And have experimented over this time with different amounts.  I started with 1 g/day and worked my way up to 8 g/day.  I found that anything below 5 g/day was not effective enough to combat my acne issue.  I understood early on the potential risk for hair loss, which I assumed was due to other factors, such as the depletion of other B vitamins or simply aging.  Nevertheless, I decided taking a large dose of anything is not 100% safe, there are always going to be consequences.  So I researched into ways to potentiate the B5 and gave l-carnitine a try.  It seemed to help boost the effects of B5 and I could use less.  I also tried supplementing with acetyl-l-carnitine because I suspected it to be more effective and thus requiring a lesser dosage of the B5.  However, after about 2 weeks of taking the acetyl-l-carnitine I found myself becoming tired very early on in the evening, something which I am definitely not accustomed to.  I also noticed that my appetite became suppresed at night, where normally I would get major cravings.  After some research I discovered that taking too much acetyl-l-carnitine (ALC) may interefere with the thyroid hormone resulting in hypothyroidism.  The symptoms I was having were suggestive of this.  After  stopping the ALC my symptoms disappeared.

I just stumbled upon this thread yesterday and wish I would have found it sooner.  It is good to know others are dealing with the same issue and are working to find a solution.  I noticed a few months ago that my hair has not appeared as full as it used to.  At the time, I became concerned but was hesitant to blame B5 as the direct cause.  After reading the majority of this thread I am fairly convinced B5 is the reason for my thinning hair. 

I am going to try supplementing with l-cysteine, while slowly cutting back on the B5.  I also am going to add biotin to the mix and will take it in between doses of B5 and with yogurt to maximize its absorbtion.  Being that there have been reports that high doses of B5 interefere with the absorption of biotin, and biotin is necessary for healthy hair, it only makes sense.  Could it be that simple? :pray:

J

Hi, yeh Im pretty damn sure the b5 thinned your hair it sort of sneaks up on you and once you notice it only goes downhill, I've tried l-cysteine and it did nothing unfortunately I also tried biotin but it made me get more spots so I stopped but there is biotin in these other pills I've been using, anyway good luck and keep us updated

#348 mac100

mac100

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Wow read this frum or at least 75% of it and sounds like you guys are really depressed. I have a very small spot just above my eye which is verry hard and won't go away had it for around a year and a half had one before but I had to rip it off to get rid of it. I also have like a spot under my skin not visible but I can feel it a big lump I'm sure I got it shaving my beard and a hair went into my skin and caused it I burst it but it just came back bigger and way harder. So recently, I mean yesterday I took 200mcg of silenium 3 drops of nascent iodine, 1 capsule of proto-col collagen = 400mg and 1 Vitamin E tablet 100mg and I have to say the small spot like thing above my eye softened in 8 to 10 hours and actually let out a small amount of puss and decreased in size and thinned out. It has'nt gone yet obviously but if you want I'll keep you updated if you want. As for you guys out there dealing with much bigger issues just a thought to add I looked at a video by Ben Fuchs describing how he deals with patients with health problems and basicly he does it on the celular level. Worth a look I think. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=M7ff2sXkSqM

I was thinking of getting Iodoplus to replace the silenium and Nascent iodine

https://www.youtube....h?v=tZqJn36m1hE

Also gonna use Vitamin A which helps in the area of having healthy hair.  Zinc and chromium.

just wondering if any of you are familiar with any of this ?

#349 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Come on guys keep updating. Itsover are you taking the b5 still and do you feel it's doing anything?

#350 itsoveroveriknowiknow

itsoveroveriknowiknow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Come on guys keep updating. Itsover are you taking the b5 still and do you feel it's doing anything?

Yes I am taking one gram b5 everyday. No I havent noticed anything yet, but its early still. On the plus side I havent started losing more hair on it. How is it going for you? Any regrowth?

#351 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

Na no regrowth my hair sucks its so thin now, I have never tried minoxidil yet and hear really good things about lipogaine so think I may give that a try soon, u got balls taking b5 again tho mate haha. Keep posting

#352 churchill

churchill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

I am now gonna give up on the stining nettle pills. I have been taking them for about 5 months now without any results. don't really know what to try next, it seems pretty hopeless. there is still overall thinning, very itchy scalp and now a receding hairline. still baffled by how 10 days of pantethine within the suggested daily amount could cause such permanent effects.

#353 itsoveroveriknowiknow

itsoveroveriknowiknow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

I am now gonna give up on the stining nettle pills. I have been taking them for about 5 months now without any results. don't really know what to try next, it seems pretty hopeless. there is still overall thinning, very itchy scalp and now a receding hairline. still baffled by how 10 days of pantethine within the suggested daily amount could cause such permanent effects.

The stinging nettle dident do much good. I think the root nettle did some good, but not enough..

10 days only thats crazy! When you say "within the suggested amount", how much do mean?  

#354 churchill

churchill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

yeah, I took both nettle and nettle root. I took 300 mg 3 times daily. daily suggested intake that has been scientifically tested is 300 mg 3-4 times daily. so yeah, pretty crazy.

#355 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

Did any of you guys continue to take nac or l-cysteine?

#356 krohm

krohm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

so i didnt read the entire thread, i dont have a hair shedding/loss problem, but i dont mega dose, but im trying to understand much of the role of b5 on the body and feel the affect of b5 mega dosing and hair shedding will provide some insight into understanding the effect this vitamin has on the body. 

from the few pages i read and bit of research ive done on b5, as it states on wikipedia, CoA biosynthesis requires cysteamine, pantothenate (b5) and adensine triphosphate (atp). 

so mega dosing b5 can deplete cysteamine.. so taking l-cysteine or nac (acetylcysteine) assists in coa production, or fat metabolism,  which helps the b5 to work as well as doesnt allow cysteamine to deplete ?  and this somehow has a relationship with the shedding hair ? 

a post i replied to called High Dose B5 And Increased Cortisol someone asked if there was a relationship of adrenal gland size with mega dosing b5.. and perhaps mega dosing b5 could increase cortisol levels to a point which it affects hair loss ?  is this what has been discussed here ?

so l-carnitine, l-cysteine and nac all just assist in coenzyme a production, or fat metabolism, and creates an environment where cysteamine does not deplete.  that is what is being attempted here in this discussion ? 

any cliffs on this thread or feedback on some of the points above would be appreciated and im sure helpful for all.. cheers 

Edited by krohm, 12 December 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#357 itsoveroveriknowiknow

itsoveroveriknowiknow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

Fuck, fuck, fuuuuck!!! Iv lost so much hair now. Looks horrible. Going back on b5 had done some damage. Push it to the limit!? keep eating b5? Is that a good ide? It definitely is!

#358 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Fuck, fuck, fuuuuck!!! Iv lost so much hair now. Looks horrible. Going back on b5 had done some damage. Push it to the limit!? keep eating b5? Is that a good ide? It definitely is!

Not quite sure what you mean here, are you saying taking b5 again has made the hairloss even worse?

so i didnt read the entire thread, i dont have a hair shedding/loss problem, but i dont mega dose, but im trying to understand much of the role of b5 on the body and feel the affect of b5 mega dosing and hair shedding will provide some insight into understanding the effect this vitamin has on the body. 

from the few pages i read and bit of research ive done on b5, as it states on wikipedia, CoA biosynthesis requires cysteamine, pantothenate (b5) and adensine triphosphate (atp). 

so mega dosing b5 can deplete cysteamine.. so taking l-cysteine or nac (acetylcysteine) assists in coa production, or fat metabolism,  which helps the b5 to work as well as doesnt allow cysteamine to deplete ?  and this somehow has a relationship with the shedding hair ? 

a post i replied to called High Dose B5 And Increased Cortisol someone asked if there was a relationship of adrenal gland size with mega dosing b5.. and perhaps mega dosing b5 could increase cortisol levels to a point which it affects hair loss ?  is this what has been discussed here ?

so l-carnitine, l-cysteine and nac all just assist in coenzyme a production, or fat metabolism, and creates an environment where cysteamine does not deplete.  that is what is being attempted here in this discussion ? 

any cliffs on this thread or feedback on some of the points above would be appreciated and im sure helpful for all.. cheers 

Really good post mate it sounds like you understand it a lot more than me, I think Itsover and yourself should get talking as I think you two understand the whole thing a lot more than others.

#359 magic

magic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

So after all this, would you guys suggest NOT taking b5?

I took it before for 4 months, my hair got dry but no excess shedding was noticed.

My skin didn't completely clear, but that was because I was eating coconut oil and coconut milk every single day the entire time I was taking it, and I know with 100% certainty that coconut oil/fat makes me break out like crazy.

When I took b5 last time, the areas of my back that usually got acne cleared, but my chest and different areas of my back got it instead, I think that was the b5 trying to work and the coconut fat making acne appear elsewhere.

I've just started taking b5 again, as I said it gave me dry hair last time but no shedding, but I don't know if I want to continue if I'll be bald in a few years from it.

Thoughts?

#360 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

So after all this, would you guys suggest NOT taking b5?

I took it before for 4 months, my hair got dry but no excess shedding was noticed.

My skin didn't completely clear, but that was because I was eating coconut oil and coconut milk every single day the entire time I was taking it, and I know with 100% certainty that coconut oil/fat makes me break out like crazy.

When I took b5 last time, the areas of my back that usually got acne cleared, but my chest and different areas of my back got it instead, I think that was the b5 trying to work and the coconut fat making acne appear elsewhere.

I've just started taking b5 again, as I said it gave me dry hair last time but no shedding, but I don't know if I want to continue if I'll be bald in a few years from it.

Thoughts?

Dude don't even bother taking the stuff it's not worth it man don't make the same mistake I did, im 24 and I have 50% less hair because of it, I'd rather have hair and deal with the acne

Edited by Blue09, 16 December 2013 - 04:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users