vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b5

853 replies to this topic

#241 Telefunk

Telefunk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Can anyone comment on what is the minimum dose of B5 that can cause hairloss?

#242 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

Even taking one 500mg pill is well above the recommended daily intake.

#243 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hey guys just gotta say that you really can recover from this. I am proof.

I literally have hairs growing back everywhere where my hairline receded and got thin.

What works seems to be anything that inhibits DHT, just like normal hair loss.

For me stinging nettle is the most effective supplement and doesn't have bad side effects.

I take 2 x stinging nettle root and 2 x stinging nettle leaf capsules each day. I'm not sure which works best, they probably both work to some extent. I am going to reduce this to one of each from now on though.

Side effects for me are that it makes you have crazy sex drive so it is hard to concentrate on things. This is probably because it increases free testosterone, and which is why bodybuilders take it as a workout supplement. It may also give me a small headache from time to time but I'm not sure, either way that is a small price to pay for getting my hair back.

Saw palmetto probably works too but gave me horrible brain fog so couldn't use that. I'm sure propecia and avodart would work as well but again I bet they would give me side effects similar to saw p.

Edited by travelleruk, 06 August 2013 - 04:15 AM.

#244 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

So fin killed me morning wood for one week so I dumped it. I am going to try cb from iron dragon and see how that works. PJ, are you getting any sides effects from avodart, how is it working on your acne? Where do you get it, inhouse? I might be interested in this.

Travel, if we really have regular hair loss, I don't think stinging nettle is going to do much in the long term. If it did no one would bother with fin and avodart. CB should come out for acne 2016, then we can use it off label for hair, best thing to do is maintain for now.

My endo is coming back so I will go and see him one last time before I try this cb from id and/or avodart.

Pj-one last question, what dosage do you take? Is it twice a week, every day, etc.

#245 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Hey I take .5mg a day. No sides I have noticed. Be aware that avodart is stronger than Fin and has a higher chance of deceased libido. 

I do get avodart from my local pharmacy which costs $130 a month. It's very expensive and I am looking to buy from an online pharmacy for about $40 a month. 

For CB are you going to buy it and mix it to make a topical solution?

Edited by pjjordan, 09 August 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#246 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

The CB is suppose to be premixed, but yes it is a topical. In addition there is RU (topical) which is premixed from mpb treatments, but they don't ship to the states. PJ are you from the states? I am looking for someone to order RU and then ship it to me since it looks like I can't take avodart. I would be willing to pay upfront.

Inhouse has avodart cheaper. The fin they send me was real since I immediately for sides from
it.

#247 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

Another observation I have is that we all are men here and so it probably has to do with male hormones. A female user on here hair grew back after megadosing on B5. Not sure what happened to her, if the shedding ever stopped.

"I was taking it for a month. I started off at 3grams and went up a gram every week. I stopped after the month (I was at 7grams) because I noticed my hair was MUCH MUCH thinner. The hair loss hasn't stopped yet and it's been 2 months. I haven't seen anyone else saying that they started growing new hair though.
I on the other hand am starting to grow new hair. I'm happy about this and hoping it's a good thing, I just want to know when the falling out will stop & if anyone has grown new hair also?"

Beauty

#248 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

Travel, if we really have regular hair loss, I don't think stinging nettle is going to do much in the long term. If it did no one would bother with fin and avodart. CB should come out for acne 2016, then we can use it off label for hair, best thing to do is maintain for now.

It really has made an unbelievable difference though, I've actually been taking stinging nettle for around a year and it always seemed to cause regrowth.

Now I have increased the dosage, it is completely filling in my receded hairline.

I know for a fact it does decrease DHT because I get the same effect as Saw P which is watery semen, something that happens when DHT is reduced.

It's obviously weaker than propecia but that is probably a good thing.

#249 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

I will try the stinging nettle Travel. What MG are you using for the nettle root and nettle leaf? What brand is it, gnc, etc

#250 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

itsoveryes:

Where are you buying the premixed CB from? I was looking into this for a while but I did not want to risk making my own mixture.

Also, how is the Vitamin D3 doing for you acne and skin?

travelleruk:

What dosage of stinging nettle are you taking?

Cheers

#251 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

Pjjordan:

I ordered the cb from http://www.iron-dragon.com/
I don't know if the vehicle is correct though...

I also took the plunge and ordered RU from thekaneshop. I'm willing to do this because I know it actually works, though it is pricy. I will be mixing this with kb ordered from mpb treatments using a .001 scale at a 4% concentration. This should last me most of the year. Until the RU and CB arrive I am on stinging nettle/leaf only.

Unless my endo tells me otherwise, I guess the conclusion is megadosing b5 triggers the start of mpb in men by increasing testorene/DHT levels, kind of like steroids.

My acne is basically gone using d3 and retin-a. I still have a few pimples though. I took 5000IU/day for a month straight and now take 5000IU twice a week. I also take a multi vitamin and egg protein to get jacked in case I am unable to keep my hair.

#252 thompsonr914

thompsonr914

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

hey guys

so i'm definitely jumping into this very late, but i've been following it for a while.

i megadosed on b5 for over a year (10g), developed a terrible case of TE, stopped a little over a year ago, and i am still dealing with the hairloss issues today.

what is the consensus at this point as to what we should be doing for our hair (and our skin, mine is back to sucking after stopping)? 

i should probably just be reading through all of the posts that have been made again, but i don't want to read anything from past posts that doesn't go along with what you guys have found out after taking all of the tests, etc. i very much want to get in on this effort to fix our problem.

#253 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thompson- best bet is to get a blood test, see if your T levels are high and if your vitamin D levels are low.

There is no consensus since I am the only one who got a blood test, but IMO since DHT lowering medications such as Fin, avodart work, B5 triggers male pattern baldness. Therefore your choice is to use those medications or use experimental medications CB and RU. CB may be bought from iron dragon. It is an acne product coming to market in a few years. RU may be bought from mpb treatments if you are not in the uSA. If you are in the USA google ru usage guide. Regarding natural treatments the consensus on every hair loss site is they do not work.

Regarding acne, vitamin D seems to be working well for many who are deficient in it. The ratio between D and A should be between 1:5 and 1:10. So if you take 2000IU of D a day, you should be taking 10000IU of vitamin A minimum. Vit A also helps with acne. As stated earlier you would need blood tests to determine vit D deficiency.

#254 thompsonr914

thompsonr914

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

what are the names of all the tests i should get done? i've seen a ton of different names that you've posted. i'm willing to get blood tests too to see if i follow in the same pattern as you. should i just get T and vit D, or are there others i should request to have done?

also, i'm taking it that any form of b5, even taken with cysteine, etc. is out the video for everyone right now? that's the reason i began reading this thread because that's where it started, but it seems as though your opinion has changed since then.

as of now i'm only taking a multivitamin and omega 3; between the two of those there's 5000iu of A and 2000iu of D. i don't know how you've felt about this but ever since this whole b5 thing happened i've been hesitant to take pretty much anything. just trying to put myself in the best position on both the hair and the skin fronts at this point.

Edited by thompsonr914, 15 August 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#255 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Take these tests.

CBC (Hgb, Hct, RBC, WBC, Pit)
PT with INR
TSH
LH
DHT
T-3, Free
Vitamin B12
Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy, LC/MS
Free Testosterone
Cortisol

Most important test is free T since that was where my results were out of range. Vit D is for acne, not hair.

No B5 unless you want to rock the shaved head look. Cysteine doesn't matter.

Take at least 10000iu of vitamin A (beta-carotene) if you are taking 2000iu of vitamin D.
Supplementing vit D will of course make your vit D blood test inaccurate.

Also can FSH tested if possible

#256 thompsonr914

thompsonr914

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

thanks for the advice. i'll call up my doctor on monday and get as many of these as possible, most likely all of them. we've all been dealing with this issue for a while, and i want to see if we can finally come to some sort of valid conclusion as to what actually happened to us because of b5. 

i have a feeling my free T levels will be out of range like yours. your theory of b5 megadosing leading to heightened testosterone makes a ton of sense. before i started taking b5 i had no facial hair and not a lot of body hair... today i have a lumberjack beard and my girlfriend says my body looks like a bears (if you catch the drift, definitely a huge testosterone increase). i also had a huge muscle mass increase while on b5 even though i wasn't working out at the time... i think that speaks for itself. the only strange thing is that when i started to get the high amounts of hairloss, i got a scalp biopsy done in the middle/slightly towards the front of my head. the results were 100% telogen effluvium, not any trace of MPB. however, since then it definitely seems as though my hairloss has shifted away from being diffuse and more closely resembles the beginning of MPB. i wonder what a scalp biopsy would say today... although i'm not sure i want to get another one. maybe the TE was just an initial reaction that induced MBP... i heard that is possible as well.

if these tests go the way i believe they will (ending up the same as yours) i'm probably going to start taking saw palmetto and stinging nettle in order to try and lower DHT levels (in addition to minox 2x day and nizoral 2% shampoo). not really wanting to mess around with propecia (i know it's similar to SP and SN in what it does/potential side effects, but propecia is also much more expensive as well as synthetic). zinc also lowers dht levels as well as helps with acne, so i may look into that as well. i had been using rogaine every day for over a year and it must have been helping i guess because my hair looked decent for a while towards the beginning of this summer. i tried stopping as an experiment and didn't notice any hairfall at all, so i assumed it hadn't been doing anything... looking at my hair now i was definitely wrong. your theory seems entirely correct so it's time to prove it.

Edited by thompsonr914, 17 August 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#257 Melie87

Melie87

We just need to learn how to balance our skin :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me
  • Interests:Check out my page on FB about masks I have been making to help my skin :) write me though there with any questions about skin! I have been through it all!
    https://www.facebook.com/miasmasks

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Man, taking the b5 was the worst thing I ever did for my skin. I thought it was working in the beginning but only created large cysts over a period of three months. I am glad it worked for you. I simply think it is my hormones. I have exhausted everything, most of Chinese medicine as well, but b5 didn't cut it.

I think some of the people on here are as desperate as hell to rid their face of acne, and I know exactly how that is!!!! But it's supplement after supplement and trial and error and starting and stopping, holy sh*t! No wonder we continue to get acne! We've created it, as I believe whole heartily that controlling stress and eating well, coupled with getting help from a holistic dietician, some aspects of Western and Chinese medicine are greatly helpful and changing your lifestyle completely to eating clean and exercising is the definite key. I mean, that is all you can do.

We need to feed our skin

as we'd feed our bodies

a delicate rhythmic dance

we all deserve to find.

Eminence Organics

-probiotic cleanser

-hungarian face mask

-citrus exfoliating wash

Acure Organics

-sensitive facial cleanser

(alternating face washes helps

so my skin does not become resistant)

Spironolactone 25 mg 2x daily

Retin A Micro every other night

Clindamycin every other night

Clindamycin during day under light 100% Pure Mineral Powder on T zone

NO DAIRY, NO CAFFEINE, NO SUGAR!

#258 thompsonr914

thompsonr914

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

saying it "worked" for us isn't a fair statement. yes it cleared our skin, but it ultimately created a chain of events that introduced even more problems into our lives.

#259 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Interesting Thompson914, I had a scalp biopsy done when I first started shedding almost 3 years ago towards the back of my crown and it was conclusive MPB. 

For skin I am using:

Vitamin D 5000iu per day- going to bring this down to 3 times a week

Zinc 50mg per day

Multi-Vitamin

Fish Oil

Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 and Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion at night (I add lemon juice a few times a week)

My skin is basically 100% clear and looks great. 

For my Hair:

Avodart .5 mg per day

Minoxidil (Rogaine Foam) 2x per day

Ketoconazole (Nizoral) Shampoo 1% 

Prescription Scalp Steroid Liquid once per day ( will give you the name when I get home)

My shedding has slowed down a lot and I have had regrowth. I have only been on this routine for 2 1/2 months so I am expecting better results as I continue. I still have dandruff but my scalp feels 100x better and does not itch anymore. My dermatologist said the scalp irritation was causing excess shedding and since I have added the shampoo and steroid, my shedding has slowed down more along with the Avodart. I have an appointment in September and I am going to ask for something stronger for the dandruff. The Rogaine is probably causing the recent dandruff. I am also going to add Stinging nettle to my routine. So far I have not had any side effects from the Avodart .  

I have been shedding from B5 for almost 3 years now. This is the best my hair has been in a while. I am treating it as if it is MPB and getting results. My conclusion is B5 raises our Free Testosterone and kick starts MPB.

Edited by pjjordan, 20 August 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#260 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

Those without a mpb gene will not experience hair loss when using b5.

Link regarding B5 and testosterone

http://www.xbrain.co...n-b5-i-516.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users