vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b5

779 replies to this topic

#221 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Well I think it is relevant because if you had normal iodine levels before the atomidine then you could of made your hairloss worse, too much iodine in the body is very bad for hair so mabe you should of got tested before you started. How bad are you shedding now?

Is anyone else suffering from fatigue aswell?

#222 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Well I think it is relevant because if you had normal iodine levels before the atomidine then you could of made your hairloss worse, too much iodine in the body is very bad for hair so mabe you should of got tested before you started. How bad are you shedding now?

Hmmm this is interesting, Definatly don't think I have high t tho, I lack energy, low libido, hard to make gains in the gym, hard to lose fat, patchy beard and no chest hair. If I had high t all of those would be the complete opposite. Did you get cortisol or thyroid or dht checked.
Anyone who's taking that atomidine have you actually had your iodine levels checked because that can actually cause your hairloss to get worse if you originally had normal levels of iodine.

I just had a discussion which you will find interesting. Did you have a lot of energy on B5, and then sort of crashed? You could very well be suffering from low T and low estrogen.

Here is a quote

"So while I was on the B5 I had crazy energy, and very good libido which is what one would expect from high testosterone like that.

B5 must be increasing Coenzyme A and amplifying steroid-genesis.
After I was off the B5 for awhile I sort of crashed and never really felt the same after, I stopped working out and had low libido.

It makes sense that the estrogen negative feedback loop would kick in (from all that extra testosterone aromatizing over to estrogen) and LH would drop, and perhaps in some people it never bounces back (sort of like a bad cycle of steroids without the proper post cycle therapy). As a result low estrogen would become an issue which causes diffuse hair loss among other issues (I know this through studies and personal experience from my TRT and use of SERMs/Anti-estrogens). Also propecia stops testosterone from converting to DHT, and as a result your testosterone levels increase, as well as estrogen levels perhaps explaining why propecia worked for some but not all. Low testosterone wouldn't cause hair loss by itself, but low estrogen sure as hell would."

Edited by itsoveryes, 17 June 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#223 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

hmm interesting, I can't have mine tested since I have been taking Saw Palmetto which probably affects it.

I have stopped Saw P again though because I can't take the brain fog it gives me, just going to use Nizoral shampoo which I had lying around.

Hopefully my re-growth of hair is due to stopping B5 rather than Saw P because I don't want to take that stuff any more lol.

Maybe I could have mine tested in a month or so when testosterone and dht levels will have returned to normal (if indeed saw p does affect them significantly).

#224 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hmmm this is interesting, Definatly don't think I have high t tho, I lack energy, low libido, hard to make gains in the gym, hard to lose fat, patchy beard and no chest hair. If I had high t all of those would be the complete opposite. Did you get cortisol or thyroid or dht checked.
Anyone who's taking that atomidine have you actually had your iodine levels checked because that can actually cause your hairloss to get worse if you originally had normal levels of iodine.

I just had a discussion which you will find interesting. Did you have a lot of energy on B5, and then sort of crashed? You could very well be suffering from low T and low estrogen.

Here is a quote

"So while I was on the B5 I had crazy energy, and very good libido which is what one would expect from high testosterone like that.
After I was off the B5 for awhile I sort of crashed and never really felt the same after, I stopped working out and had low libido.

It makes sense that the estrogen negative feedback loop would kick in (from all that extra testosterone aromatizing over to estrogen) and LH would drop, and perhaps in some people it never bounces back (sort of like a bad cycle of steroids without the proper post cycle therapy). As a result low estrogen would become an issue which causes diffuse hair loss among other issues (I know this through studies and personal experience from my TRT and use of SERMs/Anti-estrogens). Also propecia stops testosterone from converting to DHT, and as a result your testosterone levels increase, as well as estrogen levels perhaps explaining why propecia worked for some but not all. Low testosterone wouldn't cause hair loss by itself, but low estrogen sure as hell would."

Very interesting post and it would explain a lot but I've currently just done a cycle and I'm 3 weeks into pct using nolva clomid and an AI so my test and estrogen shoul be pretty normal by now, the only time I notice shedding is if I pull my hair then 1 or 2 hairs come out in certain places, fatigue is really annoying tho I feel like I could fall asleep as soon as I finish work. Hows you trt going are you on it for the rest of your life.

#225 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

ockquote>  

Here is a quote

Very interesting post and it would explain a lot but I've currently just done a cycle and I'm 3 weeks into pct using nolva clomid and an AI so my test and estrogen shoul be pretty normal by now, the only time I notice shedding is if I pull my hair then 1 or 2 hairs come out in certain places, fatigue is really annoying tho I feel like I could fall asleep as soon as I finish work. Hows you trt going are you on it for the rest of your life.

Wait, so your saying your hair loss has stopped? When did it stop, during cycle or post cycle. Maybe doing a cycle/post cycle returned your hormone levels to normal. Does trt=testosterone replacement therapy? I am not on any therapy, my body is producing those T levels naturally. I switched out my meat for tofu and my almond milk for soy in an attempt to lower my T levels and see if the shedding stops.

#226 phillyeagles91

phillyeagles91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

We're finally getting somewhere and its because we're actually TESTING and not guessing. I feel like the more data we have, we could probably narrow it down to the actual problem causing the hair loss, whether its testosterone, cortisol, estrogen, etc.

itsoveryes, excellent fucking work so far

#227 xdxdaustin

xdxdaustin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

It would make sense that it is high testosterone. I totally stopped B5 and after about a month my hair stopped falling out. Now my face is breaking out like hell and my acne has come back with a VENGANCE. It is literally way worse that it has EVER been. God do I regret this.

#228 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

It would make sense that it is high testosterone. I totally stopped B5 and after about a month my hair stopped falling out. Now my face is breaking out like hell and my acne has come back with a VENGANCE. It is literally way worse that it has EVER been. God do I regret this.

It would be good to have a hormone profile of someone whose hair stop falling out naturally after taking B5, any chance of getting tested Daustin?

#229 xdxdaustin

xdxdaustin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

It would be good to have a hormone profile of someone whose hair stop falling out naturally after taking B5, any chance of getting tested Daustin?

Personally, I would get tested, but, the problem is that I am a minor and my parents HATE bringing me to the doctor. I would love to be able to help out, but I have no way of getting tested.

#230 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Update- I got a copy of the first lab results- T was listed as 1210ng, once again above normal. I will be taking a second lab test tomorrow which will test free T as well as LH and FSH (hair follicle).

Edited by itsoveryes, 26 June 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#231 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

Update- I got a copy of the first lab results- T was listed as 1210ng, once again above normal. I will be taking a second lab test tomorrow which will test free T as well as LH and FSH (hair follicle).

How did it go?

I will try and get mine tested in a couple of weeks, it seems like saw palmetto effects are wearing off. I really don't recommend taking that stuff, it's nasty and who knows what it really does to your hormones.

Are you saying that if we have high testosterone, we will have low oestrogen and we should increase it by consuming soy products?

#232 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Personally I don't thing it has anything to do with high or low testosterone I think it's more to do with the adrenals, there's no way I'd ever want to lower testosterone you just become weaker, lethargic, moody and get aches and pains with no libido, you don't want high estrogen as that will cause hormone fluctuations which will make your spots even worse, my estrogen has been very high after a cycle and it's the worst feeling in the world.

#233 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

How did it go?

I will try and get mine tested in a couple of weeks, it seems like saw palmetto effects are wearing off. I really don't recommend taking that stuff, it's nasty and who knows what it really does to your hormones.

Are you saying that if we have high testosterone, we will have low oestrogen and we should increase it by consuming soy products?

No results yet. In addition my endo leaves July 4th for Italy for an entire month! I am going to try propecia for a week to see what happens, but since I don't use birth control contraception and propecia causes birth defects, it isn't a long term solution for me. How much saw palmetto were you taking, I am thinking of low dosing it. No I am not saying that, I am saying soy products lower testosterone. Lower testosterone=lower DHT should equal less hair loss. Blue is right though as excess estrogen from soy can cause break out. The healthiest way to lower T production is to run 40 miles a week, it's crazy.

Personally I don't thing it has anything to do with high or low testosterone I think it's more to do with the adrenals, there's no way I'd ever want to lower testosterone you just become weaker, lethargic, moody and get aches and pains with no libido, you don't want high estrogen as that will cause hormone fluctuations which will make your spots even worse, my estrogen has been very high after a cycle and it's the worst feeling in the world.

Well T turns into DHT which causes hair loss. In addition there are a few people who have stopped the hairloss with DHT lowering drugs. What do think of the quote/link below since you are a body builder.

Theory would be:

B5->Coenzyme A->Pregnenolone->Testosterone->DHT->Hairloss

"another way to fool the body is to give it a stable form of Vitamin B5 in very large quantities, and since the B5 is the precursor to acetyl Coenzyme A, it leads to more pregnenolone, which ultimately leads to higher Testosterone."

- Charles Poliquin

http://forum.bodybui...t=501272&page=1

"animal studies published in The Journal of Vetinary Medical Sciences in 2009, scientists proved that animals with deficient vitamin B5 levels had significantly lower blood levels of testosterone hormones than animals with adequate vitamin B5"

http://www.selfgrowt...r-libido-thrive

Everything you ever wanted to know about B5 in the link below

Side Effects and Toxicity Data

"Calcium pantothenate at 3 percent of the diet
was the lowest-observed-adverse-effect-level
(LOAEL) in rats, with enlargement of the testes,
diarrhea, and hair damage observed"

http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

*Are you still shedding  Blue or has hairloss stabilized?

**My D3 levels were at 36, with a range of 30-100. This is probably the root cause of my acne and I am now supplementing with 10,000 D3 a day.

Edited by itsoveryes, 04 July 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#234 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Can you let me know how the D3 is working for your acne? I'm thinking so starting some. 

#235 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Can you let me know how the D3 is working for your acne? I'm thinking so starting some. 

I only started a few days ago, but I think Phillyeagle gives good advice.

"We're finally getting somewhere and its because we're actually TESTING and not guessing"

I wouldn't take take random vitamins without testing to see if you are deficent in the vitamin first. Look what vitamins did to our hair.

#236 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

How did it go?

No results yet. In addition my endo leaves July 4th for Italy for an entire month! I am going to try propecia for a week to see what happens, but since I don't use birth control and propecia causes birth defects, it isn't a long term solution for me. How much saw palmetto were you taking, I am thinking of low dosing it. No I am not saying that, I am saying soy products lower testosterone. Lower testosterone=lower DHT should equal less hair loss. Blue is right though as excess estrogen from soy can cause break out. The healthiest way to lower T production is to run 40 miles a week, it's crazy.

Wait, so you're a girl and taking propecia? I didn't know they would prescribe it :P

I was taking one 320mg pill of saw palmetto extract a day, and then lowered the dose to every 3 days. I really do NOT recommend it, it is powerful stuff and made me feel like a zombie...I couldn't focus on anything, had crazy brain fog and headaches. I'm OK now but would never take it again. I'm back taking just one stinging nettle pill a day now in order to hopefully keep DHT levels under control, I have no sides from that.

Aside from that, I actually take vitamin D3 and have done for a couple of years. I think it's great stuff for overall mood and energy but don't think it did much for my skin. Ironically Saw Palmetto seemed to help my skin...

#237 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

How did it go?

No results yet. In addition my endo leaves July 4th for Italy for an entire month! I am going to try propecia for a week to see what happens, but since I don't use birth control and propecia causes birth defects, it isn't a long term solution for me. How much saw palmetto were you taking, I am thinking of low dosing it. No I am not saying that, I am saying soy products lower testosterone. Lower testosterone=lower DHT should equal less hair loss. Blue is right though as excess estrogen from soy can cause break out. The healthiest way to lower T production is to run 40 miles a week, it's crazy.

Wait, so you're a girl and taking propecia? I didn't know they would prescribe it tongue.png

I was taking one 320mg pill of saw palmetto extract a day, and then lowered the dose to every 3 days. I really do NOT recommend it, it is powerful stuff and made me feel like a zombie...I couldn't focus on anything, had crazy brain fog and headaches. I'm OK now but would never take it again. I'm back taking just one stinging nettle pill a day now in order to hopefully keep DHT levels under control, I have no sides from that.

Aside from that, I actually take vitamin D3 and have done for a couple of years. I think it's great stuff for overall mood and energy but don't think it did much for my skin. Ironically Saw Palmetto seemed to help my skin...

I'm a Catholic guy. Birth control=contraception. I will take propecia .25mg/week and see what happens. First dose was yesterday. If DHT is causing our hair loss, then it really is regular hair loss so best treatment is probably CB for both hair and acne if safety profile comes in good. Phase 2a trials for acne finish first quarter next year. CB is only suppose to inhibit scalp DHT, saw palmetto and propecia also inhibit serum DHT which is why you got those sides.

I'm only one guy, others need to be tested. It could be something besides DHT, but now we have a direct pathway to work with.

CB press release (2009)   http://www.cosmophar...2009-12-11.aspx

Edited by itsoveryes, 04 July 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#238 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

I only started a few days ago, but I think Phillyeagle gives good advice.

"We're finally getting somewhere and its because we're actually TESTING and not guessing"

I wouldn't take take random vitamins without testing to see if you are deficent in the vitamin first. Look what vitamins did to our hair.

Edited by pjjordan, 04 July 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#239 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hey,

I have been on Avodart and rogain foam (2x per day) for a month and a half now. I have had a lot of vellus hairs popping up on my head (temples and hairline too). I am hoping for them to turn terminal. The shedding seems to persist though. I will keep you updated. 

#240 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hey,

I have been on Avodart and rogain foam (2x per day) for a month and a half now. I have had a lot of vellus hairs popping up on my head (temples and hairline too). I am hoping for them to turn terminal. The shedding seems to persist though. I will keep you updated. 

Nice one, I'm the same, seems like there's always new hairs coming through but I still shed a lot so I'm not sure whether things are going to get better or worse.

I've heard with DHT inhibiting drugs there is a stage where the weak hairs fall out and new hairs then grow through and replace them so hopefully that is what is happening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users