vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b5

654 replies to this topic

#201 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

The dermatologist wouldn't conduct tests. He just passed it off as MPB but I did request I be prescribed to Avodart. I am now on Avodart and Rogain Foam for 1 week now.  

Have you had any side effects on the adovart yet I heard there really bad man, how's you libido on it I no there's a fair few people out the that completely lost there sex drive.

The dermatologist wouldn't conduct tests. He just passed it off as MPB but I did request I be prescribed to Avodart. I am now on Avodart and Rogain Foam for 1 week now.  

That sucks, it's terrible when people in the medical profession will not listen to the patient. Many think they always know best and won't stray from anything taught in medical school.

My doctor actually ran tests but just blood tests, and everything was fine of course.

I'm actually having what looks like quite decent re-growth at the moment but I don't want to say details until I can be sure. This thread is already filled with too many phantom "cures".

Congrats on the regrowth, what are you taking?

#202 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Travelleruk, you posted this on May 1st. "You are right though, we can't keep with this guesswork. I haven't been taking any pills for weeks now."

So it's been 2 months since you are off B5 and your hair is starting to regrow? What are you taking?, because I found this story and his hair hadn't grown back 8 years later, hasn't gone completely bald either though.

http://en.allexperts...5-hair-loss.htm

#203 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

Yes it seems to be re-growing but I've thought this before which is why I am cautious of giving people false hope.

I still seem to be losing quite a lot of hairs but there is also quite a lot of stubble around my hairline and dark follicle marks appearing.

If I am having success then it may just be that quitting B5 is my cure, I don't want to recommend what I have been taking yet because it can have side effects and may not even be helping.

#204 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

After speaking with the guy who ran b5hairloss.com, he said propecia also stopped his hair loss. Since both propecia and avodart address DHT, my hypothesis is that megadosing b5 either increases the amount of DHT produced by your body (by messing up the adrenals?) or increases the sensitivity of the hair follicle to DHT. Saw plametto is a natural DHT inhibitor, one may take it either orally or apply topically. Here is a topical thread for saw palmetto.

http://www.hairlossh...MVIEWTMP=Linear

One may also avodart/propecia of course with the risk of side effects. There are also two experimental dht blockers you can only order from overseas, they are RU and CB, both are topical. CB is also used to treat acne.

Edited by itsoveryes, 10 June 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#205 travelleruk

travelleruk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

After speaking with the guy who ran b5hairloss.com, he said propecia also stopped his hair loss. Since both propecia and avodart address DHT, my hypothesis is that megadosing b5 either increases the amount of DHT produced by your body (by messing up the adrenals?) or increases the sensitivity of the hair follicle to DHT. Saw plametto is a natural DHT inhibitor, one may take it either orally or apply topically. Here is a topical thread for saw palmetto.

One may also avodart/propecia of course with the risk of side effects. There are also two experimental dht blockers you can only order from overseas, they are RU and CB, both are topical. CB is also used to treat acne.

I received your message itsoveryes, saw palmetto is actually what I have been taking but as I have said I am far from sure it is working.

I actually had to stop it for a couple of weeks because it was giving me brain fog, which was not good considering I was taking my final university exams!

I have started taking it again in the last week but every other day instead of daily as it seems like powerful stuff. I will keep you guys updated but as of right now I am still losing a lot of hair but with potential regrowing at the same time.

p.s. regarding possible loss of libido that some people report, for me it is the opposite!

#206 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

After seeing Dermatologists for 2 years, having blood tests and a scalp biopsy (which came back conclusive as MPB), I agree that megadosing on B5 has some kind of effect on DHT. 

I have resulted to now Avodart (.5 mg a day) and Rogain Foam 2x a day (used to use it once a day). I will keep you updated on my progress. 

The only side effect I had on avodart was my gonad was soar/sensitive for the first week but this went away. No loss in libido. 

Edited by pjjordan, 10 June 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#207 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

I received your message itsoveryes, saw palmetto is actually what I have been taking but as I have said I am far from sure it is working.

I actually had to stop it for a couple of weeks because it was giving me brain fog, which was not good considering I was taking my final university exams!

I have started taking it again in the last week but every other day instead of daily as it seems like powerful stuff. I will keep you guys updated but as of right now I am still losing a lot of hair but with potential regrowing at the same time.

p.s. regarding possible loss of libido that some people report, for me it is the opposite!

Maybe you should try dumping 3 pills in argan oil like the guy did in the link and applying topically. He sleeps with it on his head and then washes it off in the morning. Have stopped rogaine foam, gave me bags under my eyes in only a few days due to the vasodilation. Have dropped atomidine temporarily so it doesn't interfere with my upcoming tests.

I am listing the tests I am having done in case anyone else wants to have the exact same tests. Will post results when I have them.

Comp metabolic panel w/eGPR

Lipid Panel (Fasting Specimen)

CBC (Hgb, Hct, RBC, WBC, Pit)

PT with INR

TSH

T-3, Free

Uric Acid

Vitamin B12

Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy, LC/MS

Free Testosterone

24hr urine for creatinine and free ??? cortisol

Edited by itsoveryes, 10 June 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#208 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

I used saw palmetto in shampoo form but sadly it did nothing, nizoral is much better.

Itsoveryes how long until your tests?

#209 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I used saw palmetto in shampoo form but sadly it did nothing, nizoral is much better.

I use regenpure which also has 1% keto, but I just started. Yes, you would be leaving the saw palmetto on your head for 5 mins in the shower. If you slept with it, 60x8=480 minutes, big difference. I will be starting the saw palmetto+argan tonight, hopefully no sides.

I took the tests this morning, should have results sometime next week.

#210 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

I use regenpure which also has 1% keto, but I just started. Yes, you would be leaving the saw palmetto on your head for 5 mins in the shower. If you slept with it, 60x8=480 minutes, big difference. I will be starting the saw palmetto+argan tonight, hopefully no sides.

Awesome news,

Excited to hear the results. Who took the tests? Your regular doctor? 

#211 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Awesome news,

Excited to hear the results. Who took the tests? Your regular doctor? 

No way. I switched my primary care doctor to a doctor who is also an endocrinologist. :). Also I'm in nursing school so that is how I was able to convince him to give me all these tests.  If I can't find an answer, I plan to do my phd work on b5 and hairloss, but that is years away.

#212 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Wow, nice. Glad to have a professional working on this!

#213 churchill

churchill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hey Guys. 

Have had the hairloss problem for one year now. 

Don't know if it is just imagination, but I seem to have increased hair loss the days following drinking alcohol. Especially if drinking for consecutive days. Am I the only one noticing this?

#214 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yes,

I seem to have more oil production and more hairloss after drinking. 

#215 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

For those deciding if you should take a drug like propecia or crew cut/shave it, you can use this website to see how you will look.

http://virtualheadsh...haveGallery.htm

#216 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

After seeing Dermatologists for 2 years, having blood tests and a scalp biopsy (which came back conclusive as MPB), I agree that megadosing on B5 has some kind of effect on DHT. 

I have resulted to now Avodart (.5 mg a day) and Rogain Foam 2x a day (used to use it once a day). I will keep you updated on my progress. 

The only side effect I had on avodart was my gonad was soar/sensitive for the first week but this went away. No loss in libido. 

Any reason why you went with avodart instead of propecia?

#217 pjjordan

pjjordan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

I was on Propecia. It wasn't doing anything. Maybe I wasn't on it long enough (about 6 months). I decided to try something stronger and rogain 2x a day. My hair is getting too thin. 

Edited by pjjordan, 13 June 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#218 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Okay guys, I have a potential answer! Normal free testosterone is 30-155 (pg/ml), and "nobody has 155" doctor's words. Mine is 233! I am going to repeat the bloods tests to make sure it wasn't a fluke along with additional tests, doctor says high T leads to hair loss.

For those not on T affecting medication (avodart, propecia, etc), I strongly suggest you go get your T checked out (free especially, bound, T-3). I am only one person, but if you guys gets the same results, we will have an answer. As stated in an earlier post, I do not ejaculate. Since semen contains testosterone, my retained semen could be throwing off the test. Therefore it is up to some of you to get tested and confirm my results.

http://www.questdiag...osterone_LCMSMS

Edited by itsoveryes, 17 June 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#219 Blue09

Blue09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hmmm this is interesting, Definatly don't think I have high t tho, I lack energy, low libido, hard to make gains in the gym, hard to lose fat, patchy beard and no chest hair. If I had high t all of those would be the complete opposite. Did you get cortisol or thyroid or dht checked.
Anyone who's taking that atomidine have you actually had your iodine levels checked because that can actually cause your hairloss to get worse if you originally had normal levels of iodine.

#220 itsoveryes

itsoveryes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hmmm this is interesting, Definatly don't think I have high t tho, I lack energy, low libido, hard to make gains in the gym, hard to lose fat, patchy beard and no chest hair. If I had high t all of those would be the complete opposite. Did you get cortisol or thyroid or dht checked.
Anyone who's taking that atomidine have you actually had your iodine levels checked because that can actually cause your hairloss to get worse if you originally had normal levels of iodine.

All my tests are listed in post 207. Cortisol and thyroid yes, not sure about DHT which of course causes hair loss. It's up to you if you want to get tested or not, because rather than guessing about hormones levels you could confirm or deny my personal results with yours. I don't think the atomidine is relevant as all of us had hair loss before taking it and in post 202 I linked to someone whose B5 induced hair loss has continued for eight years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users